Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

2 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

The bit that gets me is ye canny cut a budget hawf wiy through a season. 
If thuv owerspent who sanctioned that? Funky Monkey? 

I'm not on the committee. How do you know the budget was cut halfway through the season?

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

What agenda? 🤔

Budget being cut? If it was, why do you think that would be?

Told to play certain players? Why would that be?

Asking for a centre half? Would that be because he didn't sign a decent centre half when he had the chance, instead recycling the one's he signed on loan to other clubs?

We've already done the goalkeeper situation. It would seem you want to castigate our u20s keeper.

Looked to me that the committee did everything in their power to support the manager.

Jist going wi what u said pal 

Blaming managers is easy….. it’s the board’s decision tae sack managers and appoint thum.
Buffs no been very gid at that lately, although the new fella looks like he’s got an idea. 
That’s why I was assuming ye wur oan the committee as yer no for blaming them. apologies for that  

Talbot best run club in the semi pro geme fur years  never hear o any interference.

9 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Blaming managers is easy….. it’s the board’s decision tae sack managers and appoint thum.
Buffs no been very gid at that lately, although the new fella looks like he’s got an idea. 
That’s why I was assuming ye wur oan the committee as yer no for blaming them. apologies for that  

Talbot best run club in the semi pro geme fur years  never hear o any interference.

Chris Strain was manager for 7 or 8 years, Gormley for a few months, now Aitken who has stabilised the ship.

Not sure what your point is?

14 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Chris Strain was manager for 7 or 8 years, Gormley for a few months, now Aitken who has stabilised the ship.

Not sure what your point is?

No stabilised much oan the nights evidence. 

A really bizarre match. We controlled the majority of the first half and when we scored 3 in 4 minutes it looked like we were in for a rout.

Second half we started fairly well with most of the pressure on the Petershill defence.  We then lost a goal out of nowhere, Petershill tightened everything up and gave us no space to play, and we lost another two poor goals.  We hardly had a shot on goal in that second half.

I don't think there was a lack of effort from the players - I just think a lot aren't good enough for premier league football.  We needed someone in the middle to calm things down but I also thought Petershill played the perfect game in the second half and we could still be playing 12 hours later and not have scored.

The end of the season cannot come quick enough.  I'm always the optimist but even now I'm beginning to think we won't do it. And the league below will be a hard one to get out of....

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

A really bizarre match. We controlled the majority of the first half and when we scored 3 in 4 minutes it looked like we were in for a rout.

Second half we started fairly well with most of the pressure on the Petershill defence.  We then lost a goal out of nowhere, Petershill tightened everything up and gave us no space to play, and we lost another two poor goals.  We hardly had a shot on goal in that second half.

I don't think there was a lack of effort from the players - I just think a lot aren't good enough for premier league football.  We needed someone in the middle to calm things down but I also thought Petershill played the perfect game in the second half and we could still be playing 12 hours later and not have scored.

The end of the season cannot come quick enough.  I'm always the optimist but even now I'm beginning to think we won't do it. And the league below will be a hard one to get out of....

Agree with most of that. Where I would disagree is we have two very experienced players at the club who should be able to control the midfield. However, one of them is nearly always injured and the other forced to play centre back because we don't have a CB of note. It's criminal that we never replaced David Syme with a player of at least half his quality. For me, that's where our problems stem from. Goals in us, but we just haven't got the players to keep them out at the other end. Too many Gormley signings who simply aren't good enough for this level of football. If we just had a team with the workrate of Lewis/McColm/Woods then we'd be in a far better place. Whatever happens, we have to retain the current management team and give them the opportunity to shape their own squad.

4 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

I heard rumblings yesterday that we are in bit of trouble financially.

Bills outstanding and no budget.

That’s just wonderful if true.

It wouldn't surprise me. The crowds have dropped off during the course of the season, so I'd imagine takings at the gate and behind the bar have decreased behind the projected budget.