Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

A solid hard working performance gives Buffs our first league win in 3 months.

A packed fixture list coming up next few weeks, including 3 games next week. 

Hopefully get one or two of our injured players back as it's all hands to the pump.

Onwards and upwards COYB

FB_IMG_1680125863643.jpg

Team put in the effort and created chances. Probably our precarious position that led to snatching the chances. Whilst the effort is good, defending is terrible. To equalise and lose a goal a minute later is tough. The third goal simply very poor defending.

No more hard luck stories. Despite the lack of recovery time, we've got home advantage on Wednesday night and really must take 3 points from Petershill.

Nobody at the start of the season would have had Buffs down as relegation candidates. David Gormley left us in one hell of a mess.

I've felt for some time that Buffs had enough games in hand to comfortably get themselves out of trouble, but games in hand are no use when you can't buy a win in the league. Even a draw is of little benefit at this stage of the season to teams in or near the drop zone.

41 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I've felt for some time that Buffs had enough games in hand to comfortably get themselves out of trouble, but games in hand are no use when you can't buy a win in the league. Even a draw is of little benefit at this stage of the season to teams in or near the drop zone.

Know what you mean but I think they'll be fine. They beat KRR in the previous league game and have their nearest relegation rivals at home too. 

50 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Know what you mean but I think they'll be fine. They beat KRR in the previous league game and have their nearest relegation rivals at home too. 

We've still got to go to Beith and Darvel.

It's a must win tomorrow night, no it's and no buts.

We've got goals in us, but we just can't defend. We've had no settled defenders all season. We've had 4 or 5 goalkeeper. I've never seen this at Buffs before, even in the down the league's/ yoyo seasons.

We have enough to keep us up, but that starts with 3 points tomorrow night. We can't feel sorry for ourselves.

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Team put in the effort and created chances. Probably our precarious position that led to snatching the chances. Whilst the effort is good, defending is terrible. To equalise and lose a goal a minute later is tough. The third goal simply very poor defending.

No more hard luck stories. Despite the lack of recovery time, we've got home advantage on Wednesday night and really must take 3 points from Petershill.

Nobody at the start of the season would have had Buffs down as relegation candidates. David Gormley left us in one hell of a mess.

Easy to pin the blame on individuals but I've heard it all now, under David Gormley the team had played 12 games with 13 points and for a number of them had to play the U20's keeper as per the committee. The team had 18 games left and were not in the position they now find themselves.

The new regime have played 8 games with 5 points against on the whole so called weaker teams so rather than improve they have going by their results got worse.

Knee jerk reaction is why they are in their current position.

2 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

We've still got to go to Beith and Darvel.

It's a must win tomorrow night, no it's and no buts.

We've got goals in us, but we just can't defend. We've had no settled defenders all season. We've had 4 or 5 goalkeeper. I've never seen this at Buffs before, even in the down the league's/ yoyo seasons.

We have enough to keep us up, but that starts with 3 points tomorrow night. We can't feel sorry for ourselves.

Already played Darvel home and away.....!

Going by ur highlights and even the game I've seen use this season (5-1 win for bankies) use don't have problems creating and scoring goals. It's defensively use struggle sort that out and ull be fine. We've just loaned Kevin Green to krr for rest of season now I reckon he'll keep them up. He would've been a brilliant signing for use

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Going by ur highlights and even the game I've seen use this season (5-1 win for bankies) use don't have problems creating and scoring goals. It's defensively use struggle sort that out and ull be fine. We've just loaned Kevin Green to krr for rest of season now I reckon he'll keep them up. He would've been a brilliant signing for use

Mon the papers

It's the defence that has cost us all season. A dominant, experienced and communicative centre back was required many months ago. I reckon that single addition would have put us in a significantly better position.

1 hour ago, Benny Factor said:

Easy to pin the blame on individuals but I've heard it all now, under David Gormley the team had played 12 games with 13 points and for a number of them had to play the U20's keeper as per the committee. The team had 18 games left and were not in the position they now find themselves.

The new regime have played 8 games with 5 points against on the whole so called weaker teams so rather than improve they have going by their results got worse.

Knee jerk reaction is why they are in their current position.

My mistake about Darvel away.

Pin the blame on individuals? I'm pinning the blame on the former manager who was well backed financially by the committee.

There were obvious weaknesses in the team that the manager failed to address resulting in heavy defeats to Clydebank, Darvel, Talbot and Cumnock.

The under 20s goalkeeper was let down at Cumnock by the shambolic defending in front of him. Experienced players, signed by Gormley, let the young keeper down badly. Henderson will go on to become a very good goalkeeper for years to come, hopefully at the Buffs.

The new management team are curtailed by the inability to bring in new players due to budgetary constraints brought about by the spending of the previous manager.

44 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Pin the blame on individuals? I'm pinning the blame on the former manager who was well backed financially by the committee.

There were obvious weaknesses in the team that the manager failed to address resulting in heavy defeats to Clydebank, Darvel, Talbot and Cumnock.

The under 20s goalkeeper was let down at Cumnock by the shambolic defending in front of him. Experienced players, signed by Gormley, let the young keeper down badly. Henderson will go on to become a very good goalkeeper for years to come, hopefully at the Buffs.

The new management team are curtailed by the inability to bring in new players due to budgetary constraints brought about by the spending of the previous manager.

Your prerogative to blame who you want to blame but with 60% of the season I find it strange you pin it on someone not there.

As for well backed financially by the committee I believe that was the case to start with but changed very quickly hence not allowed to bring a goalkeeper in when requested and on that note the young goalkeeper was replaced by not one but two different trialists immediately after the Cumnock game.  So who was it that let him down badly...........

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Cumnock highlights are on youtube if you want to watch them and change some of your comments !

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

Especially if the teams around are fighting for every point.

You could end up out the story with a load of meaningless matches still to play.

Same goes at the top of the league if Beith get the results.

1 hour ago, Benny Factor said:

Cumnock highlights are on youtube if you want to watch them and change some of your comments !

I don't need to watch the highlights. I was at the game.

So, you talk about not wanting to target individuals, but you are happy to hang a young goalkeeper out to dry?

Remember, the Cumnock battering was the last straw.

2 hours ago, Benny Factor said:

Your prerogative to blame who you want to blame but with 60% of the season I find it strange you pin it on someone not there.

As for well backed financially by the committee I believe that was the case to start with but changed very quickly hence not allowed to bring a goalkeeper in when requested and on that note the young goalkeeper was replaced by not one but two different trialists immediately after the Cumnock game.  So who was it that let him down badly...........

The goalkeeper scenario is a complete red herring.

Let's focus on the defence and the manager's inability to deal with the problem. 

The reason that I blame Gormley is that he came to the Buffs and more or less created a player merry go round. The players who had remained at the club were more or less cast aside for the new players brought in.

Effectively the quality of player brought in was nowhere near the standard required for the WoSPL.

Ultimately the budget was blown and nothing left for the remainder of the season.

Things really started to go wrong at Clydebank when Gormley eyeballed the supporters. It further deteriorated when he kept playing a certain player who was struggling badly, which wasn't doing the player any good, the team any good and relationship with the fans any good.

The new manager has had to work with the mess that he inherited. The team is better organised on the park, playing for each other and from what I can gather enjoying coming into the club when previously they weren't. I've no issue with Gormley as a person and I wish him all the best, but he was a disastrous appointment for the Buffs.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

The goalkeeper scenario is a complete red herring.

Let's focus on the defence and the manager's inability to deal with the problem. 

The reason that I blame Gormley is that he came to the Buffs and more or less created a player merry go round. The players who had remained at the club were more or less cast aside for the new players brought in.

Effectively the quality of player brought in was nowhere near the standard required for the WoSPL.

Ultimately the budget was blown and nothing left for the remainder of the season.

Things really started to go wrong at Clydebank when Gormley eyeballed the supporters. It further deteriorated when he kept playing a certain player who was struggling badly, which wasn't doing the player any good, the team any good and relationship with the fans any good.

The new manager has had to work with the mess that he inherited. The team is better organised on the park, playing for each other and from what I can gather enjoying coming into the club when previously they weren't. I've no issue with Gormley as a person and I wish him all the best, but he was a disastrous appointment for the Buffs.

Player merry go round, they couldn’t field a team for a cup final due to previous going ons.
Things started to go wrong in league game number 9 🤷‍♂️ on ten points and in all cups bar the Scottish.

You crack on if it makes you feel better, I’ve only dealt with the facts I know of.

Over and out.