Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

One thing is almost guaranteed at Buffs Park at the moment… goals!

What an evening of entertainment that was.

Our defensive frailties showed once more but the players showed great fight and spirit to come back and ultimately win the game on penalties.

Hopefully this can be the start of an upturn in fortunes and the injuries sustained to Ben and Dylan aren’t too bad.

I heard that Nicoll is off to Gartcairn but nothing confirmed from the club as yet.

6 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Our defensive frailties showed once more but the players showed great fight and spirit to come back and ultimately win the game on penalties.

Hopefully this can be the start of an upturn in fortunes and the injuries sustained to Ben and Dylan aren’t too bad.

I heard that Nicoll is off to Gartcairn but nothing confirmed from the club as yet.

Brilliant 

Now tell us the f#@#"#:g score.

lol

2 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

yes he is away to Gartcairn

Heard there's a couple of players that others are interested in but one club has to move  a player on before they can will contact Kilwinning through official channels

12 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

St Cadocs certainly made a game of it. Good luck to them in their quest for promotion.

The amount of players we've got injured, cup tied, out on loan is incredible.

A scrappy game, but the determination was there to see it through.

That defence though?

Big Nicholl came with a reputation as a combatant midfielder, but we just didn't see the best of him. Good luck at Gartcairn.

Maryhill up next in the SoS Challenge Cup.

I'd rather we were playing in the league with half the season still to go at the end of February. We need some league points on the board sharpish.

Some of that this evening was chronic.

It looked, especially in the first half, that we’d never played together before.

Arthurlie should have been three up at the break.

Second half was better but our overall defensive work and passing is nothing short of horrendous.

Beith will run us over on Saturday.

49 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Some of that this evening was chronic.

It looked, especially in the first half, that we’d never played together before.

Arthurlie should have been three up at the break.

Second half was better but our overall defensive work and passing is nothing short of horrendous.

Beith will run us over on Saturday.

Agree with that. The first half was nowhere near good enough.

Injuries are hampering us. Woods, Stuart, Lewis, McIntyre all missing tonight. The first choice goalie and 2 youngsters who got injured at Cumnock.

It's been a mess if a season in the league. Survival the only goal now.

Any other season I'd be delighted to be in two cup quarter finals, but with league form the way that it's been, the cups have been an unnecessary distraction.

38 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Agree with that. The first half was nowhere near good enough.

Injuries are hampering us. Woods, Stuart, Lewis, McIntyre all missing tonight. The first choice goalie and 2 youngsters who got injured at Cumnock.

It's been a mess if a season in the league. Survival the only goal now.

Any other season I'd be delighted to be in two cup quarter finals, but with league form the way that it's been, the cups have been an unnecessary distraction.

Spot on.

8 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Credit to all in attendance tonight, cold is an understatement. 

It was freezing last night. The crowd was definitely impacted by the temperature and TV football.

I take it you were there? Did you think the pitch was playable?

• 2 weeks later...