Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

28 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Shouldnt have sacked strain. Guy done a brilliant job at buffs.

Mon the papers

In general he did do a very good job at the Buffs. There were some issues towards the end that caused the committee to act.

In general, under Chris the Buffs started most seasons very well. Come the NY, a pattern emerged where we began to fall away and players ended up leaving for a variety of reasons. Chris seemed reluctant to play younger players too to complete the pathway, he was very protective of younger players.

Chris is doing a great job at Beith, good luck to him. He'll be in the away dugout at Buffs Park this weekend, I'm sure he'll receive a warm welcome.

Another loss.

We can blame the long injury list and current upheaval but our passing all season hasn’t been good enough, in my opinion. Overplaying at times which we aren’t good enough to do, sadly.

Captain Kevin leading by example yet again with another atrocious display.

Edited by Peter Culter

35 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Another loss.

We can blame the long injury list and current upheaval but our passing all season hasn’t been good enough, in my opinion. Overplaying at times which we aren’t good enough to do, sadly.

Captain Kevin leading by example yet again with another atrocious display.

Down to the bare bones, 5th goalkeeper of the season, managerial upheaval, up against the league leaders.

I thought we played well in the main, more bite especially in midfield. Unlucky not to take anything from the game. Didn't think the Nicholl tackle was worthy of a straight red.

Not much between the two teams.

Onwards and upwards COYB 

14 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Down to the bare bones, 5th goalkeeper of the season, managerial upheaval, up against the league leaders.

I thought we played well in the main, more bite especially in midfield. Unlucky not to take anything from the game. Didn't think the Nicholl tackle was worthy of a straight red.

Not much between the two teams.

Onwards and upwards COYB 

Are you honestly being serious to yourself here? .

I thought 2 -3 totally flattered kilwinning today and that there there was a big gulf between both teams as loads of buffs fans I spoke to alluded to  ,   amazing how we see things different though,  however one thing I pride myself on is being honest about my teams performances and I think you need to try and be the same.  

Edited by Thejackdaw

13 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Are you honestly being serious to yourself here? .

I thought 2 -3 totally flattered kilwinning today and that there there was a big gulf between both teams as loads of buffs fans I spoke to alluded to  ,   amazing how we see things different though,  however one thing I pride myself on is being honest about my teams performances and I think you need to try and be the same.  

I'm being completely honest. No idea who you were speaking to.

I thought we competed well and created plenty of opportunities. I wasn't that impressed with Beith. They are nowhere near the level of Darvel or Talbot. Josh Fowler is a top finisher though.

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'm being completely honest. No idea who you were speaking to.

I thought we competed well and created plenty of opportunities. I wasn't that impressed with Beith. They are nowhere near the level of Darvel or Talbot. Josh Fowler is a top finisher though.

Cool no worries we will leave it at that then as you're blinkered beyond belief quite clearly.  

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Cool no worries we will leave it at that then as you're blinkered beyond belief quite clearly.  

Far from being blinkered. Honestly not sure what you thought you were seeing today in a what was a close game. 1 1 at half time and 2 3 at full time, at no point did either team dominate the game.

I thought Funky Monkey's summary was pretty accurate other than the red card. Buffs were better but still too many mistakes in defence. I don't remember either team having too many clear cut chances other than the goals.

4 minutes ago, akc16 said:

I thought Funky Monkey's summary was pretty accurate other than the red card. Buffs were better but still too many mistakes in defence. I don't remember either team having too many clear cut chances other than the goals.

As long as we keep playing Nicoll the mistakes will keep happening.