Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

Buffs 2 Hurlford 2

A spirited performance from Buffs in a week of turmoil.

First real action saw a poor challenge from a Ford player on Jordan Stuart. Looked a straight red, inexplicably the referee raised a yellow. This set the tone of the game. Jordan had to be taken off injured moments later.

Both teams huffed and puffed, little in the way of goalmouth incident.

Just before half time a Hurlford player put in a heavy challenge just outside the Buffs box, inexplicably the referee waves play on. A bit of retribution red mist from Mark Millar in the same passage of play and the referee produces a red card.

Second half, Buffs open the scoring, a clever free kick releases Collins in the box and he fired past the keeper from a tight angle.

Shortly afterwards, Hurlford equalised from a corner as P McKenzie slides in unmarked at the back post.

Buffs kept plugging away and a fine long range effort from Dylan Mackin, possibly aided by a slight deflection, puts Buffs back in front.

Again, Hurlford equalised quickly as M McKenzie was given too much space in the box.

Hurlford camped in Buffs half looking for a winner, but Buffs dug deep and held on deservedly for the point.

Another game where the officials simply weren't up to standard. Some really bizarre officiating. The standard of officials at WoSFL level is ruining our game as a spectacle.

Focus turns to the South Challenge Cup next weekend and the recruitment of a new manager.

Edited by funky monkey

19 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Buffs 2 Hurlford 2

A spirited performance from Buffs in a week of turmoil.

First real action saw a poor challenge from a Ford player on Jordan Stuart. Looked a straight red, inexplicably the referee raised a yellow. This set the tone of the game. Jordan had to be taken off injured moments later.

Both teams huffed and puffed, little in the way of goalmouth incident.

Just before half time a Hurlford player put in a heavy challenge just outside the Buffs box, inexplicably the referee waves play on. A bit of retribution red mist from Mark Millar in the same passage of play and the referee produces a red card.

Second half, Buffs open the scoring, a clever free kick releases Collins in the box and he fired past the keeper from a tight angle.

Shortly afterwards, Hurlford equalised from a corner as P McKenzie slides in unmarked at the back post.

Buffs kept plugging away and a fine long range effort from Dylan Mackin, possibly aided by a slight deflection, puts Buffs back in front.

Again, Hurlford equalised quickly as M McKenzie was given too much space in the box.

Hurlford camped in Buffs half looking for a winner, but Buffs dug deep and held on deservedly for the point.

Another game where the officials simply weren't up to standard. Some really bizarre officiating. The standard of officials at WoSFL level is ruining our game as a spectacle.

Focus turns to the South Challenge Cup next weekend and the recruitment of a new manager.

Strangest thing about the game yesterday was the amount of exmznsgers taking in the game plus a few ex senior players in attendance...

Edited by Crfc1990

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Lord only knows what the ref was thinking not to show a red for that challenge 30 odd seconds in.

It set the tone for the game. We were in our usual spot in the seating and it happened right in front of us, the referee and the linesman. It was a red card all day long, reckless and dangerous.

4 hours ago, funky monkey said:

It set the tone for the game. We were in our usual spot in the seating and it happened right in front of us, the referee and the linesman. It was a red card all day long, reckless and dangerous.

About the red that wasn't given the ref consulted with his assistant who was 70 yards from the incident but never spoke to the assistant that was 5 yards from the incident ...

Decided to take in this hame today as my own team and board have chucked it this season and the league 1 games are now 18 quid just to get in. 

This is just 10 minutes along the road so easy journey. 

Lovely set up here, great covered terrace round the park and not a bad view to be had. I didn't have time for a pint in the clubhouse but had a wee nosey in and have to say it looks cracking. Enjoyed a good talk with some of the buffs regulars and enjoyed a cracking pie I have to say 10/10. There was 3 of us and I have to say for 3 pies, a tea and 2 borvrils coming I'm at 10 quid roughly I think, well you can't beat that. 

Onto the game, thought it was a good game and over the 90 the buffs were worth their win and could've (maybe should have) score 2 more than they did. 

Cracking day out lads and definitely will be back. A day out superior to some senior grounds I've been to over the years. A cracking wee ground and only £8 to get in!

Will make sure to come by train next time for a pint 👍

3 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Decided to take in this hame today as my own team and board have chucked it this season and the league 1 games are now 18 quid just to get in. 

Lovely set up here, great covered terrace round the park and not a bad view to be had. I didn't have time for a pint in the clubhouse but had a wee nosey in and have to say it looks cracking. Enjoyed a good talk with some of the buffs regulars and enjoyed a cracking pie I have to say 10/10. There was 3 of us and I have to say for 3 pies, a tea and 2 borvrils coming I'm at 10 quid roughly I think, well you can't beat that. 

Onto the game, thought it was a good game and over the 90 the buffs were worth their win and could've (maybe should have) score 2 more than they did. 

Cracking day out lads and definitely will be back. A day out superior to some senior grounds I've been to over the years. A cracking wee ground and only £8 to get in!

If Kevin Kyle is confirmed as the Buffs manager I'd rather pay £18 for the other option!  😀

7 hours ago, AM-1 said:

If Kevin Kyle is confirmed as the Buffs manager I'd rather pay £18 for the other option!  😀

Interviews this week. Might be some news. There's no immediate rush to appoint a manager. Chris and the senior players seem to have things in hand.

10 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Great to read that you enjoyed your day out at Buffs Park. Who is your League One team, Bully Wee, Clyde?🤔

Edited by funky monkey

12 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

I think this post is great and the enthusiasm of the poster definitely tells you he will be back, even with pals to watch another game and have similar experience.  I wish many more fans of bigger clubs take a we day out if they can and go and watch their local smaller club,  there's a good chance you will enjoy the experience and the football

28 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think this post is great and the enthusiasm of the poster definitely tells you he will be back, even with pals to watch another game and have similar experience.  I wish many more fans of bigger clubs take a we day out if they can and go and watch their local smaller club,  there's a good chance you will enjoy the experience and the football

The set up at Buffs Park is excellent. For me, the overall match day experience and value for money at WoSFL Premier League level trumps that of the the senior professional game in Scotland. I've a season ticket for an SPFL club and will often choose to go to Buffs Park when the SPFL club are at home.

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Great to read that you enjoyed your day out at Buffs Park. Who is your League One team, Bully Wee, Clyde?🤔

Yep unfortunately Clyde. We've been god awful on and off the park recently. 

56 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeh will definitely be back. Always watched non league games when Clyde have been away long distances such as Elgin or Peterhead. 

Tbf last week we were at home and I went to watch Irvine Vics instead as I fully expected a spanking off Dunfermline.

27 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The set up at Buffs Park is excellent. For me, the overall match day experience and value for money at WoSFL Premier League level trumps that of the the senior professional game in Scotland. I've a season ticket for an SPFL club and will often choose to go to Buffs Park when the SPFL club are at home.

Fantastic set up and to name a few it's better than at rhw senior level is Albion Rovers, Annan and although now in the LL its much better than Cowdenbeath 🤢

28 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Who's yer big team, FM?

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Who's yer big team, FM?

I'm a long suffering Kilmarnock season ticket holder. I generally choose where I'm going on a game by game these days depending upon the fixture.

Difference is SPFL football tends to take supporters for granted, whereas WoSFL games are generally more competitive and clubs look after supporters better.

17 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

This is fantastic to read. The fans and committee have put so much in to make Buffs Park a home. 

Next time your coming your first pint is on me; just ping me a DM the Friday before and I'll get it sorted for you.