Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

Gormley has to go before it's too late, even if it means players & others follow him out the door!! Although, whoever comes in (I agree with earlier Swift comment) would have a massive job on their hands.

As I've said before, team is nowhere near good enough & that's down to manager

In all the time Chris Strain was manager there wasn't many "doings", it's now a fortnightly occurrence 

6 hours ago, funky monkey said:

We lost a few players during Chris Strain's final months at the club and then Syme and McGowan to Darvel.

There was a core of players who remained at the club yet initially Gormley refused to play them despite many of his own signings failing to perform. Gormley brought in so many players that some came in for a game or two and then left, the revolving door in full swing.

He signed experienced players in Chris Millar, Mark Miller and Kevin Nicholl, none of these players has worked out. I'm assuming that all 3 will be on reasonable money.

Recently Gormley has resorted to relying upon the players who were here when he arrived Lewis, Collins, Stuart, Woods, Gavin Millar, these are our best players.

Of the multiple signings he made, very few have been successful, Mackin, Gordon and McIntyre being the best.

We lost our goalkeeper Craig Gordon to a training ground injury and have had to reply upon our u21 keeper who has had no help from the defending in front of him.

Who knows where the Buffs go from here? We are in a relegation battle, something we've not been used to for a while now.

Is Gormley the man to take us forward? Who knows is the genuine answer. Going forward we are still reasonably good. At the back we are absolutely shambolic. Those running the club will have a view, I wouldn't be surprised if we stuck with Gormley for now. As noted the market for players is expensive and competitive, I wouldn't imagine there is much cash at the club if any.

Cheers for the honest appraisal, can only get so much from the highlights so helps understand. Aye agree that’s a tricky situation, know myself how much confidence can impact on things. Not sure if its loan moves from another club to shore it up a bit? I see a lot of good players sat on different benches every week, could be playing and developing but appreciate  it’s not as easy as I think it should be to set up loans. 

1 hour ago, Peter Culter said:

If true that he applied for another job whilst in his current position then that alone should be enough to see him off.

tbf and no defending anybody or actions but I saw about 200 ‘in the know’ WhatsApp messages linking about every manager in the west to the job, so not sure how accurate that info would be. 

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

tbf and no defending anybody or actions but I saw about 200 ‘in the know’ WhatsApp messages linking about every manager in the west to the job, so not sure how accurate that info would be. 

Aye, Kennedy was definitely going there, strong rumour for days 😂

Don’t understand how anyone can be surprised by this. Most managers wouldn’t survive a performance like Wednesday nights display at Cumnock. This was only the latest in a series of absolute batterings the Buffs have taken under Gormley. The defence is abysmal because quite simply we have no decent central defenders. What is really mystifying is the fact that although this was obvious when the season started we’ve done absolutely nothing about it. He should actually have been sacked at the start of December last year after the capitulation at Clydebank.

6 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Don’t understand how anyone can be surprised by this. Most managers wouldn’t survive a performance like Wednesday nights display at Cumnock. This was only the latest in a series of absolute batterings the Buffs have taken under Gormley. The defence is abysmal because quite simply we have no decent central defenders. What is really mystifying is the fact that although this was obvious when the season started we’ve done absolutely nothing about it. He should actually have been sacked at the start of December last year after the capitulation at Clydebank.

I'm not sure anyone will be surprised. Is it confirmed anywhere yet?

19 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Maxi is a top manager, worked wonders at KRR.

Yeah 100% nice guy as well, made the roy our bogey team for a while there. Actually reminds me to check in on the ground situation. Last I saw they were being contacted individually by the council but was some suggestion broomhill or similar might out bid them