Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

16 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I've never ever understood why anyone can go from being so involved with one club ( chairman being the highest you can get to ) to then go to another club and switch allegiances?? 

It's very strange and I really don't get it at all. 

I didn’t make the switch as you put it.

I resigned as the Buffs chairman due to lack of support on an issue from the committee.

I was asked to help with some projects at Darvel around ground improvements, something I enjoy doing, so I’m doing that.

I’m glad I’m still in your thoughts ;)

5 hours ago, parkcircus said:

I didn’t make the switch as you put it.

I resigned as the Buffs chairman due to lack of support on an issue from the committee.

I was asked to help with some projects at Darvel around ground improvements, something I enjoy doing, so I’m doing that.

I’m glad I’m still in your thoughts ;)

Surely as chairman if the committee don't give the chairman support the chairman then takes the issue to the supporters to gain support at the agm or even call a egm to gain support not resign without airing the issue to the supporters who may or may not give the chairman the backing.. 

35 minutes ago, Crfc1990 said:

Surely as chairman if the committee don't give the chairman support the chairman then takes the issue to the supporters to gain support at the agm or even call a egm to gain support not resign without airing the issue to the supporters who may or may not give the chairman the backing.. 

if you could be bothered, aye I suppose 

Not going to mince my words, but off the back of poor results against Talbot and Clydebank, that's a sore one for all Buffs fans tonight.

The league table certainly doesn't lie.

That could have been 10 tonight quite easily, our defending is nowhere near the required standard for this league.

Some soul searching required at Buffs. I've always said that we don't necessarily have the financial backing to win this league, but we should always be competitive in every game.

FB_IMG_1673648306542.jpg

How long is this going to go on?

Six goals conceded at home (again!), five a few weeks ago which surely tells the management where the problems lie.

Both centre-halfs poor with Kevin Nicoll shading being the worst on the park. I honestly don’t think he knows what he’s doing with the ball the majority of the time. So clumsy and reckless.

This needs to be sorted quickly.

Agree with you about our defence it's been poor all season and tonight was no different . But got to be honest I've watched darvel on a few occasions when we never had a game this season and tonight I thought that's was darvel at their very best not one weak link throughout the whole team including the subs and speaking to a few darvel guys after the game they thought the same it's hard to be on the end of a defeat like that but got to be realistic we cannot compete with a team with the financial muscle that they have.

16 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Agree with you about our defence it's been poor all season and tonight was no different . But got to be honest I've watched darvel on a few occasions when we never had a game this season and tonight I thought that's was darvel at their very best not one weak link throughout the whole team including the subs and speaking to a few darvel guys after the game they thought the same it's hard to be on the end of a defeat like that but got to be realistic we cannot compete with a team with the financial muscle that they have.

We can't compete over the course of a season, but we should always be competitive in games against them. We've beaten them on more than one occasion in recent seasons.

Defending across the whole team is the first thing that needs fixed. We are not going to win big games shipping multiple goals.

At the moment we just aren't giving ourselves a chance. 

Have we got the players? I'm not so sure.

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

We can't compete over the course of a season, but we should always be competitive in games against them. We've beaten them on more than one occasion in recent seasons.

Defending across the whole team is the first thing that needs fixed. We are not going to win big games shipping multiple goals.

At the moment we just aren't giving ourselves a chance. 

Have we got the players? I'm not so sure.

We also need consistency.

I don’t think the Manager has played the same team twice yet!

Aside from the ridiculous defending I really didn’t understand what system was attempted this evening. Collins at Left Back?

I’m worried about Wednesday already.

I watched Kilwinning v pollock months ago and thought Kilwinning were ok 

Big man upfront has tones of ability doesn’t waste a ball & has little service around him. Left back had a mare of a game but I expected a bit more from them. 

Darvel looked like they could score when they wanted & probs a 3 goal margin actually made it look tighter if it had been 10-3 I’m no sure anyone could have moaned . 

9 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

We also need consistency.

I don’t think the Manager has played the same team twice yet!

Aside from the ridiculous defending I really didn’t understand what system was attempted this evening. Collins at Left Back?

I’m worried about Wednesday already.

Collins was our best defender. Says all you need to know about last night's performance. Must do better and quickly as we are in a precarious position in the league. Some folk think we are in a false position, but the league table doesn't lie.

Edited by funky monkey

4 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Jobs for the boys regards Gormley and his squad? Surely Kilwinning are under achieving after him being backed by the board.

This time last season we were in the top 4 or 5. Albeit we've played far less games this season, we are way behind where we were last season.

I get that Gormley elected to clear our the club and build a new team, but the quality we've had in recent seasons has definitely dropped.

We can't compete with the top teams in terms of winning the league, but as a club we should be competitive in ever game we play. That's 6 we lost to Talbot, 5 to Clydebank and now 6 to Darvel. I don't think that's good enough for Kilwinning Rangers, the committee and the fans.

1 hour ago, AM-1 said:

Jobs for the boys regards Gormley and his squad? Surely Kilwinning are under achieving after him being backed by the board.

It does look that way in some instances.

Sticking by players when the are obviously not good enough.

Very rarely does he get stuck into the more senior players when things go wrong but let’s loose at the youngsters.

45 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

It does look that way in some instances.

Sticking by players when the are obviously not good enough.

Very rarely does he get stuck into the more senior players when things go wrong but let’s loose at the youngsters.

I'm sure Gormley is a great guy and is bursting for the Buffs to do well, but very few of the players he's signed are good enough.

The best players at the club are the ones that were there when he arrived, Ben Lewis, Jordan Stuart, Thomas Collins and Kieran Woods. Dylan Mackin and Craig Gordon are the best of this seasons signings.

Too much tinkering, 5 changes last night that's not unusual and a formation that was unfathomable to players and fans.

Results against lower opposition in cup ties has been papering over the cracks. Saying that we did put on an excellent performance against Tranent in the senior Scottish, needing to get back to that level of performance if we can, doesn't look like it at present.

23 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'm sure Gormley is a great guy and is bursting for the Buffs to do well, but very few of the players he's signed are good enough.

The best players at the club are the ones that were there when he arrived, Ben Lewis, Jordan Stuart, Thomas Collins and Kieran Woods. Dylan Mackin and Craig Gordon are the best of this seasons signings.

Too much tinkering, 5 changes last night that's not unusual and a formation that was unfathomable to players and fans.

Results against lower opposition in cup ties has been papering over the cracks. Saying that we did put on an excellent performance against Tranent in the senior Scottish, needing to get back to that level of performance if we can, doesn't look like it at present.

Absolutely spot on.

Broadly agree with your list FM. Although I think Mark Miller and Blair McIntyre have been excellent. Also big Nicol, Robbie Torrance and Dom Bolland have been good at times. Throw in young Jack up front and Euan as the back up goalie you’ve got a decent basis for a squad. What you haven’t got is a top quality central defender who can organise the others and who has the physicality to win those defensive headers at set pieces. Until this is addressed we’ll remain at the wrong end of the table.