Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

6 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Buffs have two midfielders playing central defence. We don't seem to have a centre back of note. That's maybe okay against the weaker teams, but against the top teams we are always going to get found out. Solid foundations from the back, absolutely essential in the premier league.

We have a centre back…loaned out to Glenafton.

I'm not wondering but are you not wondering why these center half's or any player for that matter are out on loan.
Do you have any idea why they are out on loan?

There some reasons listed below why any player is loaned out

For example
1. The players are not considered good enough so they loan them out hoping they will make the move permanent.
2. Players needing game time as they are not ready for the first team so Managment think they will be after being loaned out.
3. Players who are young inexperienced players so loaned out to get more experience as they are expected to claim a first team place when they come back stronger.

I'm sure there are many other reason

Some poster said the center half hasn't had a sniff.  How does he know, has he been to every training session and see what's been happening.  Most of us aint privy to what's going through the minds of any management or coaching staff or if the staff work on each player before making a decision on them.  

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Excellent cup tie at Buffs Park as two evenly matched teams squared up.

Buffs struck first with a Mackin penalty.

Musselburgh equalised with a smart lob over the keeper.

Buffs went back in front on the stroke of half time, a Millar free kick from fully 30 yards as good as anything you'll see at any level of football.

Ben Lewis swept the ball home around the hour mark to put Buffs in control.

David Gormley took the opportunity to put on a couple of young subs in an attempt to see the game out.

One of the young subs was sent off, straight red, shortly afterwards. In my opinion the referee got the call wrong, but his decision was made as just about all of the Musselburgh players put pressure on him for the card. Sadly, this is becoming more common in modern football.

Musselburgh piled the pressure on 10 man Buffs and scored a second with a smartly taken reverse shot into the corner.

Musselburgh sensed an equaliser and, despite the ref adding on 7 minutes of injury time it never came.

A cracking cup tie all in all, Buffs into the next round.

20221119_155333.jpg

Edited by funky monkey

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

One of the young subs was sent off, straight red, shortly afterwards. In my opinion the referee got the call wrong, but his decision was made as just about all of the Musselburgh players put pressure on him for the card. Sadly, this is becoming more common in modern football.

I usually agree with everything you say on your posts, not all but most lol and love the videos when they go up but here what you said that I've put in Bold, has been going for a long, long time at this type of level of football, probably before but definitely since the first game I watched in 1980 and then playing I remember being a victim of it and did it, yellow cards for me right enough for games with Auchinleck, Pollok, Arthulie, Kilwinning etc...   So been going a long, long time

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

15 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I usually agree with everything you say on your posts, not all but most lol and love the videos when they go up but here what you said that I've put in Bold, has been going for a long, long time at this type of level of football, probably before but definitely since the first game I watched in 1980 and then playing I remember being a victim of it and did it, yellow cards for me right enough for games with Auchinleck, Pollok, Arthulie, Kilwinning etc...   So been going a long, long time

It has been going on for a while, but I generally don't notice it. Today was different as it was right in front of the seated area where I was. I think the Musselburgh boys were frustrated that they didn't get anything from the previous incident, so piled in on the referee when Buffs young sub clashed with their player. To me, the sound of the incident was worse than the incident itself. It was worthy of a yellow card at best, but a straight red was produced purely based upon protestations and the referee bought it. Hopefully, the young Buffs player doesn't take it too badly. I appreciate teams will do whatever they can to gain an advantage, but for me, hounding the ref as Musselburgh did is bordering on cheating, I just don't like it.

Despite us being vocal about the incident, the Musselburgh fans in front of us were very gracious at the final whistle and we left shaking hands and wishing each other all the best, the way it should be.

Edited by funky monkey

Our goalkeeper kept the score down today. 5 defeats in 9 league games simply isn't good enough.

Our problems are obvious, yet we get the same players playing in the wrong positions week after week.

Some soul searching to be done at Buffs Park after this comprehensive defeat.

FB_IMG_1670087787546.jpg

1 hour ago, Peter Culter said:

A wee dig at the supporters in his post-match interview?

The manager was getting it tight second half from a sizeable number of the Buffs fans in attendance, probably for the first time since he arrived.

Going by the post match interview, I along with other Buffs fans were at a different game from the manager.

Sometimes, a manager will command more respect if they hold their hands up and admit that they got it wrong. Acknowledge the things that are wrong and promise to work hard to fix them.

No manager ever survives a tussle with the people at the club who go along every week putting their money in and supporting the club.

Edited by funky monkey