Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

2 hours ago, Meadowman said:

Just wondering since Pollok have a crowd limit of 900 and it’s a bigger park than Kilwinning 

We have multi exit points. Ie Buffs can empty the “park” in minutes onto other pitches if there’s an incident like fans letting off fireworks etc and something goes wrong 

Superb cup tie at Buffs Park today in front of a decent crowd.

Tranent went 2 0 up with a free kick and a penalty. 

A Mark Lamont flick and Dylan Mackin penalty got Buffs back into the game, 2 2 at halftime.

Tranent made 3 changes at halftime.

Buffs started the second half well and a neat training ground move saw the excellent Kieran Woods put Buffs 3 2 in front.

Better was to follow from Buffs when the referee awarded another penalty after Woods was fouled in the area. Dylan Mackin stepped up again to score his second penalty putting the Buffs 4 2 in front.

The Buffs saw the second half out comfortably and into the second round.

Hopefully the Tranent boy who was stretchered off near the end hasn't suffered a serious injury.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵⚪🔵⚪

FB_IMG_1663434064640.jpg

3 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Superb cup tie at Buffs Park today in front of a decent crowd.

Tranent went 2 0 up with a free kick and a penalty. 

A Mark Lamont flick and Dylan Mackin penalty got Buffs back into the game, 2 2 at halftime.

Tranent made 3 changes at halftime.

Buffs started the second half well and a neat training ground move saw the excellent Kieran Woods put Buffs 3 2 in front.

Better was to follow from Buffs when the referee awarded another penalty after Woods was fouled in the area. Dylan Mackin stepped up again to score his second penalty putting the Buffs 4 2 in front.

The Buffs saw the second half out comfortably and into the second round.

Hopefully the Tranent boy who was stretchered off near the end hasn't suffered a serious injury.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵⚪🔵⚪

FB_IMG_1663434064640.jpg

Right good result that! Well done on getting through.

I thought Tranent looked good for the first 20 minutes, well organised and comfortable on the ball, and when they scored their second I thought it was going to be a case of how many.

After that though they were just out-fought for everything and never really came back into the game.

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

I thought Tranent looked good for the first 20 minutes, well organised and comfortable on the ball, and when they scored their second I thought it was going to be a case of how many.

After that though they were just out-fought for everything and never really came back into the game.

Agree with that assessment. A key aspect was Tranent making 3 subs at half time, it completely undermined them. No disrespect to Buffs performance though, we grew into the game and won very comfortably in the end. Hopefully we are beginning to see a settled side and this result kick starts out season.

On 19/09/2022 at 10:30, funky monkey said:

Buffs next match is a league fixture against Cambuslang Rangers this Friday 23rd 1930 kick off at Buffs Park.

Get yerselves along for some cracking scran, bevvy and entertainment. Buffs Park is the place to be.

Onwards and upwards COYB 

Excellent 

That would set up my Friday night just nicely.

Cheapest night out around these Friday night games.

Admission, raffle/programme, bit of catering.

Probably spend around £20 odd quid.

Total cost for me with transport £30.

Bargain for a neutral like me plus i get to watch another game on Saturday.

Take in Morton v Ayr Utd on Thursday and the whole weekend is sorted.

Happy days.

13 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Excellent 

That would set up my Friday night just nicely.

Cheapest night out around these Friday night games.

Admission, raffle/programme, bit of catering.

Probably spend around £20 odd quid.

Total cost for me with transport £30.

Bargain for a neutral like me plus i get to watch another game on Saturday.

Take in Morton v Ayr Utd on Thursday and the whole weekend is sorted.

Happy days.

Good stuff. Enjoy your trip to Buffs Park 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Up next, Pollok at Buffs Park. Always a cracking fixture and should attract a good crowd.

Get yerself along to Buffs Park and enjoy great scran at the Pitchside Takeaway, bevvy at the Claire Hub and live fitba (better than the TV).

May be an image of text that says 'JBS JOINERS.LTD NEXT MATCH CORNER HOUSE PDM BUILDBASE WOSFL WEST OF SCOTLAND FOOTBALL LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION TLUMTINING RANCE $ ® V THE BUFFS POLLOK F.் FOOTBALL CLUB SATURDAY 8th of October KICK OFF:2PM Buffs Park, Kilwinning CORNER HOUSE JBS JOINERS.LTD'

Agree that the referee was absolutely hopeless and nearly spoiled the game for us. 

Buffs had more than enough chances to take all 3 points second half in what was an entertaining game of football.

The midfield was more mobile once Gavin Millar came on.

A draw probably no use to both sides.

Glasgow Perthshire, then Forfar Athletic up for Buffs next.

Onwards and upwards COYB