Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

On 18/08/2022 at 14:19, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

I see our manager having a spat with Spence on Twitter, we need to get our own house in order, before we have a go at other clubs, we've won one game V the worst Medda team i've seen in many a long year.

I'm still not sure we have enough to compete this year, the 3 points V Medda may be huge come end of season, keep us up and put them down.

Do you ever post anything positive about the team you support 🤣

3 hours ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

Yes when there is something positive to post, like others have said, with the back 4 and keeper we have we will struggle.

I’d take your keeper,always liked Craig Gordon,was with us at the same time as Sean Newman,his only failing was his kickouts,which he seems to have rectified 

1 hour ago, Meadowman said:

I’d take your keeper,always liked Craig Gordon,was with us at the same time as Sean Newman,his only failing was his kickouts,which he seems to have rectified 

He's an excellent shot stopper. Small for a keeper though.

5 hours ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

Yes when there is something positive to post, like others have said, with the back 4 and keeper we have we will struggle.

I'm a big fan of the keeper. Arguably a better goalie than you had last season despite his stature. Voted best keeper in the league after Leishman on the Junior Puffers Twitter poll; but sadly had to play behind a v. Poor rossvale defence. 

Two first half goals from Dylan Mackin put Buffs on easy Street.

Buffs went down to 10 men early in the second half, and despite a spirited fightback from Glencairn after they pulled a goal back, Buffs held on and now face Tranent in the first round proper.

FB_IMG_1662288099727.jpg

Edited by funky monkey

From a comfortable situation we made it extremely hard for ourselves during the second half.

Absolute stupidity from Boland to firstly head the ball out of the Glencairn players hands when already on a booking and 2-0 up (for which he escaped another yellow card) and then sticking his arm out to be given his marching orders.

A cynic may say he already had plans in a fortnight as he seemed desperate to miss the next match!

A much improved performance will be needed to progress in the competition.

Any news on some players who seem to have totally disappeared? Crawford, Gardiner and Leitch?

5 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

From a comfortable situation we made it extremely hard for ourselves during the second half.

Absolute stupidity from Boland to firstly head the ball out of the Glencairn players hands when already on a booking and 2-0 up (for which he escaped another yellow card) and then sticking his arm out to be given his marching orders.

A cynic may say he already had plans in a fortnight as he seemed desperate to miss the next match!

A much improved performance will be needed to progress in the competition.

Any news on some players who seem to have totally disappeared? Crawford, Gardiner and Leitch?

I think Gardiner has retired from football to concentrate on other things.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

Huge game at Buffs Park on Saturday. Buffs fans get yourselves, families and friends along. This is history in the making right on our doorsteps.

Onwards and upwards COYB 

FB_IMG_1663230414218.jpg

Hope you get the result, good luck. Think you might need it, mind.