Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

It was quite easy to find the correct information though and every other club had to do likewise. Buffs should have done this themselves. Shouldn't be up to an admin person at SFA to tell hundreds of clubs who has been suspended from last season as they won't know every clubs transfer dealings.

Buffs only asked if any of their current players suspended so likely they only looked at Kilwinning Rangers players and didn't look at all of their new signings. Not up to admin person to do this up to Buffs to do their research. WOSFL were unduly influenced by Colin Boyd on the committee in my opinion.

Contact your club chairman I shared all the information with him

I can only wish I had the influence to overcome an SFA suspension, unfortunately it was an admin error on the club admin system which isn’t great and hasn’t been the first time, this also happened last season with another team, exact same situation, and it’ll probably happen again.

Good luck with your season 

20 hours ago, Shannon said:

Why incorrect? SFA had him as suspended but WOSFL board overruled this cause it was the Buffs and they allegedly asked someone emoji23.png If Meadow played David Ramsay we would have been deducted 3 points. Buffs can do what they want with no repercussions. We should all just play suspended players then.

100% agree with you that it should be Buffs end to check but they contacted the SFA and they SFA replied through proper channels thus its the SFA who sent the wrong information, call it what you want, Admin, Clerical error etc...  So the Buffs cannot be punished. Hearing so many different information hearing that there are two lists. Did the Buffs look at the wrong list to check and didn't see his name ?, thus they contacted the SFA. All in all, the Buffs cannot be blamed for this

Not sure how the system is working/works as I'm hearing two list or different list for tier 1 to 4 or to 5 and list for tier 5 or 6 to 10.  It should be one compete list, every club under SFA ruling, all clubs told to look at the one list and check.  Obviously they can contact the SFA if they disagree with the list details and ask for clarification but that's all.

It happened last year and this year, so in realty the SFA have to get it right, its a simple modification

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Colin Boyd has this morning indicated that he is stepping down from his role at The Buffs.

He's achieved a lot relocating the club to KSC and creating an infrastructure that will serve the club and the community for years to come. I'm sure every Buffs supporter will want to thank Colin for all of the time and hard work he has given the club and wish him well for the future.

COYB. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by funky monkey

I hope that it is only in his capacity as Chairman that he is stepping down.   He is in fact the very essence of the Buffs revival and his vision and direction and energy and ability to marshall resources has brought the Buffs so far along the way from where we were a few years ago.   In many ways he is irreplaceable and any that think they are able to continue where he has left off should let us all know how they intend to do it.  I am worried, again, and fear for the future of the Buffs.

47 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

I hope that it is only in his capacity as Chairman that he is stepping down.   He is in fact the very essence of the Buffs revival and his vision and direction and energy and ability to marshall resources has brought the Buffs so far along the way from where we were a few years ago.   In many ways he is irreplaceable and any that think they are able to continue where he has left off should let us all know how they intend to do it.  I am worried, again, and fear for the future of the Buffs.

I agree with you. However, I think those close to the club won't be surprised at Colin's decision. He's left a legacy at the club that is self sustainable if managed correctly. The pressing question clearly is who will The Buffs get to replace him? He's been a big presence in terms of his visibility and integral to the move to KSC and securing various sources of funding and sponsorship to get us where we are now.

I'm not worried about the future of the club as everything is in place to be successful, but whoever comes in has very big shoes to fill no doubt about it.

On 14/08/2022 at 09:34, Bestsinceslicebread said:

100% agree with you that it should be Buffs end to check but they contacted the SFA and they SFA replied through proper channels thus its the SFA who sent the wrong information, call it what you want, Admin, Clerical error etc...  So the Buffs cannot be punished. Hearing so many different information hearing that there are two lists. Did the Buffs look at the wrong list to check and didn't see his name ?, thus they contacted the SFA. All in all, the Buffs cannot be blamed for this

Not sure how the system is working/works as I'm hearing two list or different list for tier 1 to 4 or to 5 and list for tier 5 or 6 to 10.  It should be one compete list, every club under SFA ruling, all clubs told to look at the one list and check.  Obviously they can contact the SFA if they disagree with the list details and ask for clarification but that's all.

It happened last year and this year, so in realty the SFA have to get it right, its a simple modification

Every club is given the updated suspension list on Thursday/Friday before games, he was in that list for that weekend as being suspended.

8 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Every club is given the updated suspension list on Thursday/Friday before games, he was in that list for that weekend as being suspended.

Pyramid, yip i get that and 100% agree with you that this is how it should be

I'm only going by what I've read and seen and heard officially and non officially

I listened to the official catchup podcast today and it went in detail about the Kilwinning incident and the guy saying, too many ill informed people saying stuff on sites like this and haven't a clue.

He said, the secretary did do due diligence and contacted the SFA to find out who is banned and said player in question was given all clear. They have it in email from the SFA and this is why they have been cleared.   

He also stated if they had played a banned player they would receive £100 fine and 3 points deduction no matter what the score against the Meadow would have been.  This was voted in by all clubs, i think in June when originally the fine was £500 and Royal Albert where hit with the fine the previous season, so this was the reason why it went form £500 to £100.  At the meeting in June it was said that all clubs should contact the SFA direct regarding player suspensions as the list wasn't out yet.  This is supposed to have bene said at the meeting which all clubs attended, so it looks like Kilwinning were just looking for conformation as they were unsure.

What i do find funny is he said they were worried after the Meadow game and did not play the player against Troon but he's still not banned so in realty they coudl have played him and at this moment in time they have received no such correspondence that this has changed but said they are waiting on a email from SFA to say his ban starts Now

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pyramid, yip i get that and 100% agree with you that this is how it should be

I'm only going by what I've read and seen and heard officially and non officially

I listened to the official catchup podcast today and it went in detail about the Kilwinning incident and the guy saying, too many ill informed people saying stuff on sites like this and haven't a clue.

He said, the secretary did do due diligence and contacted the SFA to find out who is banned and said player in question was given all clear. They have it in email from the SFA and this is why they have been cleared.   

He also stated if they had played a banned player they would receive £100 fine and 3 points deduction no matter what the score against the Meadow would have been.  This was voted in by all clubs, i think in June when originally the fine was £500 and Royal Albert where hit with the fine the previous season, so this was the reason why it went form £500 to £100.  At the meeting in June it was said that all clubs should contact the SFA direct regarding player suspensions as the list wasn't out yet.  This is supposed to have bene said at the meeting which all clubs attended, so it looks like Kilwinning were just looking for conformation as they were unsure.

What i do find funny is he said they were worried after the Meadow game and did not play the player against Troon but he's still not banned so in realty they coudl have played him and at this moment in time they have received no such correspondence that this has changed but said they are waiting on a email from SFA to say his ban starts Now

Fs might have let others listen to it rather than rehash everything that was said eh!

12 hours ago, Marlowe said:

He’s left you in a very strong position with a good committee. Maybe he just wants to spend more time with friends and family?

9 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

He’s left you in a very strong position with a good committee. Maybe he just wants to spend more time with friends and family?

I don’t know anything about the man but he has left a fantastic legacy at your club. I remember all the gnashing of teeth on here a few years ago and he rose above it and got on with the job. Good luck to you moving forward. 

2 hours ago, Lurcer said:

I don’t know anything about the man but he has left a fantastic legacy at your club. I remember all the gnashing of teeth on here a few years ago and he rose above it and got on with the job. Good luck to you moving forward. 

Aye he took alot if stick off buffs fans but no 1 can say hes not done a good job. Heard hes keeping his wosl job so hope he can sort that mess out next 

Mon the papers

To be fair, anybody with ideas of moving a club from it's long established home is going to attract flack and that's what happened at Buffs.

It was a calculated gamble that's paid off as evidenced by the facilities at Buffs Park.

Some people have cut off their nose to spite their face and haven't followed the club to the new ground. That's just the way of it, because it's their loss giving up on the club that some of them followed home and away for a long time.

It's my opinion that you can't be the chairman of a club for forever. Outside of the hard work and time required, there is an element of flack that never goes away, you have to be thick skinned. The various social media formats make it easy to snipe from afar in relative anonymity.

Colin has done his turn and more, 5 years of constant change and scrutiny is enough for most folk to reasonably take. Personal circumstances move on too and priorities change.

As I posted yesterday, Colin leaves behind big shoes to fill, but also a club on a sound and sustainable footing if managed correctly.

Onwards and upwards COYB 

Edited by funky monkey

I see our manager having a spat with Spence on Twitter, we need to get our own house in order, before we have a go at other clubs, we've won one game V the worst Medda team i've seen in many a long year.

I'm still not sure we have enough to compete this year, the 3 points V Medda may be huge come end of season, keep us up and put them down.

1 hour ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

I see our manager having a spat with Spence on Twitter, we need to get our own house in order, before we have a go at other clubs, we've won one game V the worst Medda team i've seen in many a long year.

I'm still not sure we have enough to compete this year, the 3 points V Medda may be huge come end of season, keep us up and put them down.

Yes, we need get ourselves in order, I tend to agree. It's been a slow start to the season for us, a new team but plenty work required to get us up to speed. Focus should be 110% on getting the defence sorted and some points on the board. Whilst it is funny to see the obvious seethe from Spence et al, we've a chairman to replace and more pressing matters requiring attention.