Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

6 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

As I said on another thread that not always but someone screenshot the SFA suspension list with him on it and it will have transferred with him so he was suspended on Saturday. It hurts more as it is likely that you will lose the result and be fined and the player will still miss the next 2 games. 

Massive optimism at The Buffs this season with the new manager coming in and what looks like a decent playing squad. It'll be really disappointing if this all comes to pass.

28 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Massive optimism at The Buffs this season with the new manager coming in and what looks like a decent playing squad. It'll be really disappointing if this all comes to pass.

Clydebank manager talks about Larry McMahon carrying over a suspension from last season at Beith near the end.

35 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Clydebank manager talks about Larry McMahon carrying over a suspension from last season at Beith near the end.

From Buffs perspective, hoping that a phone call has been made and the error is on the administrators side. Otherwise, there's an ominous feeling about this.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

I'm not so sure we will be in the running for the league, i've seen far better Buffs sides over the last few years, plus i thought Meadow were very very average at best.

17 minutes ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

I'm not so sure we will be in the running for the league, i've seen far better Buffs sides over the last few years, plus i thought Meadow were very very average at best.

It's almost a completely brand new team, so won't be able to judge how good we are until a few weeks into the season.

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

It's almost a completely brand new team, so won't be able to judge how good we are until a few weeks into the season.

I thought yous played well on Saturday,you like to get the ball down and play football,we were very average but we still missed quite a few chances,it would be a pity if your committee cost you the 3 points,but we’ll take them,because I’m quite sure you would have done the same 

23 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

I thought yous played well on Saturday,you like to get the ball down and play football,we were very average but we still missed quite a few chances,it would be a pity if your committee cost you the 3 points,but we’ll take them,because I’m quite sure you would have done the same 

I don't think it works that way. I think offending clubs get three points deducted (and possibly fined) but I'm sure the original result stands. Or at last under last years (intended) rules - there was a problem with the rules though hence the like of Largs having the three points returned to them. But that was the intention.

59 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I don't think it works that way. I think offending clubs get three points deducted (and possibly fined) but I'm sure the original result stands. Or at last under last years (intended) rules - there was a problem with the rules though hence the like of Largs having the three points returned to them. But that was the intention.

This has already happened twice this season in the premier league cup and both offending teams were docked of any points gained and the opposition awarded a 3-0 win. As we are now all under the same SPFL banner the same rules should apply. (if he was actually supposed to be suspended, he was sent off in Clyde's last game of the season so he had not served any suspension when our league started on Saturday as that was the first competitive fixture) 

The WoSFL is not part of the SPFL, and will have its own rules which may be different to the SPFL's rules.
Which was the problem last year when teams were docked points, but subsequently won them back on appeal as the WOSFL constitution didn't allow for that punishment.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
3 hours ago, craigkillie said:
The WoSFL is not part of the SPFL, and will have its own rules which may be different to the SPFL's rules.

Which was the problem last year when teams were docked points, but subsequently won them back on appeal as the WOSFL constitution didn't allow for that punishment.

So what do we do,scrap suspensions,because if a club knows that playing a suspended player means nothing, they lose the points then on appeal gets them back again,it’s got to change because the disciplinary procedure will be abused by some unscrupulous clubs 

21 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

So what do we do,scrap suspensions,because if a club knows that playing a suspended player means nothing, they lose the points then on appeal gets them back again,it’s got to change because the disciplinary procedure will be abused by some unscrupulous clubs 

Jesus Christ dry your eyes. You're just desperate for those three points cos your defence is awful and it's another relegation dog fight on the way. 

13 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Defence is awful, seriously? give me Gow and Wharton any day

Two games ive seen medda play. The left back is a great addition. The two CBS can only defend high balls. I saw them both fall over their feet multiple times when people ran at them. It was actually embarrassing at times how poor and scared they looked. I can't say they've upgraded at all this season, bar the left back as I mentioned. 

Edited by WestLoyal

1 hour ago, WestLoyal said:

Two games ive seen medda play. The left back is a great addition. The two CBS can only defend high balls. I saw them both fall over their feet multiple times when people ran at them. It was actually embarrassing at times how poor and scared they looked. I can't say they've upgraded at all this season, bar the left back as I mentioned. 

You’d think you’d be away watching your own team.

cheers for your £8 though