Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

1 minute ago, Sgc said:

Should be a decent league this year if teams don’t jack it in half way through the season 

Should be it was unfortunate this season our 20s never went to plan but we have planned it better and should be competitive. I don t know much about youth football only going from what I'm told about it.

17 hours ago, wow-wee said:

Should be it was unfortunate this season our 20s never went to plan but we have planned it better and should be competitive. I don t know much about youth football only going from what I'm told about it.

Kilwinning under 19s we’re decent in league last year , finished 2nd or 3rd 

Catching up on the reasons behind Darvel's withdrawal from the West semi final. Whilst I agree that it's not ideal for the season to be running into June, I really can't agree with Darvel's reasoning for not playing the semi final. Would another game or two games really make that much difference to the players? Surely, the opportunity to win another cup/medal is what it's about for players? Darvel's fans and indeed opposition clubs who've been knocked out by Darvel are being short changed by their decision. It's long been presumed that Darvel have one of the biggest playing squads in the league, so I'd imagine that they could put out a team if they really wanted to. This is a unique season because of the 38 game league, things should get better next season I'd imagine.

As it is I know that Hurlford are struggling to get 11 players for Saturday, but have done their best to comply with their obligations to get the game on. Pollok I believe have few problems. Buffs will manage to put out a team for the final, but we are down to the bare bones too. Not ideal by any manner of means, but it's important that clubs meet their obligations to complete the season. The close season will probably be a bit shorter, but I'm sure clubs and players will manage the rest period dependent upon their needs, ready to go again for the new season.

On 01/06/2022 at 14:44, funky monkey said:

Catching up on the reasons behind Darvel's withdrawal from the West semi final. Whilst I agree that it's not ideal for the season to be running into June, I really can't agree with Darvel's reasoning for not playing the semi final. Would another game or two games really make that much difference to the players? Surely, the opportunity to win another cup/medal is what it's about for players? Darvel's fans and indeed opposition clubs who've been knocked out by Darvel are being short changed by their decision. It's long been presumed that Darvel have one of the biggest playing squads in the league, so I'd imagine that they could put out a team if they really wanted to. This is a unique season because of the 38 game league, things should get better next season I'd imagine.

As it is I know that Hurlford are struggling to get 11 players for Saturday, but have done their best to comply with their obligations to get the game on. Pollok I believe have few problems. Buffs will manage to put out a team for the final, but we are down to the bare bones too. Not ideal by any manner of means, but it's important that clubs meet their obligations to complete the season. The close season will probably be a bit shorter, but I'm sure clubs and players will manage the rest period dependent upon their needs, ready to go again for the new season.

Mate, you're right in what you're saying but for the Darvel situation, you're over thinking it. Quite simply, they assumed they'd be in the LL and wanted more time to recuperate and prepare. When Tranent gubbed them, it was then too late to retract the withdrawal. They didn't even have the sense to wait until after the play off game to withdraw. Their situation and attitude are not in line with any other club.

ETA- Congratulations on the licensing btw. Seems that a lot of people have worked hard there to make it happen.

Edited by jimbaxters

Well done to Harry Broun, he had an excellent game yesterday. The Kilmarnock loanee has improved leaps and bounds during his short time at the Buffs. There is no doubt that competitive games brings young players on and clubs at our level can play a big part in developing the players of the future. I believe he has been freed by Kilmarnock and has some trials lined up down South. Best of luck for the future Harry, hopefully you'll get a good club. 

I was glad to hear the manager say we had signed a few players for next season. Gormley always seemed to be a popular player so hopefully he can make a difference when players are deciding where to go next season.

The squad was so thin yesterday but the players who turned up did well, battled hard and played some nice football at times. We missed Thomas Collins and were a makeshift team so losing was disappointing but not the end of the world. We have been asset-stripped throughout the season and haven't seemed to sign anyone else for reasons which have never really been made clear. Hopefully next season is a lot more stable.

42 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I was glad to hear the manager say we had signed a few players for next season. Gormley always seemed to be a popular player so hopefully he can make a difference when players are deciding where to go next season.

The squad was so thin yesterday but the players who turned up did well, battled hard and played some nice football at times. We missed Thomas Collins and were a makeshift team so losing was disappointing but not the end of the world. We have been asset-stripped throughout the season and haven't seemed to sign anyone else for reasons which have never really been made clear. Hopefully next season is a lot more stable.

It's been one weird season, particularly since the turn of the year. With our best players leaving on an almost weekly basis at one point and then the manager getting sacked it's been torturous at times. Couldn't fault the guys that turned out yesterday, it was always going to be a tough ask against a very experienced and streetwise Hurlford side. Whilst disappointing to lose, it just felt like the whole occasion had been completely undermined by the seasons events, playing a cup final in June really pretty bizarre. 

It does sound like Gormley is looking for an almost complete overhaul of the squad, a fresh start. Exciting times ahead hopefully and a more sustained challenge for all of the trophies up for grabs. 

• funky monkey changed the title to Kilwinning Rangers 22/23