Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

oh then my mate has lied to me then or unless your on the committee and they don't tell you stuff lololol

if you really are on the committee then this is really embarrassing for you

Oh it's yer mate ! No you just been caught talking nonsense .

19 minutes ago, The craw said:

wee baz has bn approached already am hearing . match made in heaven albeit its now pennyburn and nae killwinnin rangers now

Who's see Baz when he's at hame and I suppose yer mate told you that one too.

I can 100% assure you the club haven’t spoken to anyone.
Why not wait till the end of the season and replace him?
I wasn't surprised after your post yesterday which you later deleted

Once the decision was made by the committee we informed the manager straight away.

I think it would have been disrespectful to Chris for him to find out from someone else while waiting to get to the end of the season. He’s a massive part of our club and history and we’ve always been pretty straight with each other. 

For me it’s all about the first team squad. We started the season with a small but talented squad. Pitches and weather were good which suited our style of play and no injuries or suspensions. Result - as good a start as anybody with a good win over Darvel being the stand out result. Over the Autumn/Winter the squad got smaller and smaller with constant departures and injuries and suspensions further depleting the team. We never really addressed our ever decreasing numbers and eventually we arrive at Blantyre last Saturday. 
For me to operate at this level we need a squad of 18/19 players. That’s 18/19 guys at the the level of Collins/McGowan/Syme. Not a dozen plus 4 guys making up the numbers and three more from the youth teams sitting on the bench. 

46 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

For me it’s all about the first team squad. We started the season with a small but talented squad. Pitches and weather were good which suited our style of play and no injuries or suspensions. Result - as good a start as anybody with a good win over Darvel being the stand out result. Over the Autumn/Winter the squad got smaller and smaller with constant departures and injuries and suspensions further depleting the team. We never really addressed our ever decreasing numbers and eventually we arrive at Blantyre last Saturday. 
For me to operate at this level we need a squad of 18/19 players. That’s 18/19 guys at the the level of Collins/McGowan/Syme. Not a dozen plus 4 guys making up the numbers and three more from the youth teams sitting on the bench. 

Good post. Frustrating that players left during the season. Suppose the big questions are why did that happen and who was responsible? Clearly, the committee have decided that it's the manager. 

The other question is around the short term ambition of the club and what expectations were set for this season? 

The only point I'd disagree with is 2 or 3 young players on the bench. In my mind if you are physically and mentally capable, then you are old enough if you are good enough. The young left back that played at Cumbernauld was one of our better players on the day. 

Still perplexed as to the reasons and timing of this decision. It'll all come out in the wash though, it always does. 

I'm not convinced the results were the only reason for the manager's departure, as the club statement says. And if the decision has been made in part due to Strain fielding himself on Saturday then it's either been an instinctive decision or a golden opportunity to do something that the board have wanted to do for a while. Strain has had youth players on the bench before so it's not as if he's averse to giving them the opportunity. It's not too long ago that Tommy Sloan was featuring for Talbot in end of season fixtures and nobody seemed to bat an eyelid. Although it helps if you've won multiple trophies I suppose.

Some of the results and performances have been great, and others have been disappointing, but you could say the same about most of the other teams around us this season. I don't think it's been a bad season, cup competitions aside, and I was quite optimistic about the future under Strain.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

I'm not convinced the results were the only reason for the manager's departure, as the club statement says. And if the decision has been made in part due to Strain fielding himself on Saturday then it's either been an instinctive decision or a golden opportunity to do something that the board have wanted to do for a while. Strain has had youth players on the bench before so it's not as if he's averse to giving them the opportunity. It's not too long ago that Tommy Sloan was featuring for Talbot in end of season fixtures and nobody seemed to bat an eyelid. Although it helps if you've won multiple trophies I suppose.

Some of the results and performances have been great, and others have been disappointing, but you could say the same about most of the other teams around us this season. I don't think it's been a bad season, cup competitions aside, and I was quite optimistic about the future under Strain.

I agree with all of that. I too was happy with this season and optimistic to see what Strain would do with an increased player budget over the next couple of seasons. 

Strain certainly had an eye for a player, only issue at times was holding onto some of these players, relationships fragile at times. Suppose some of that comes from modern players caring less for the club than the manager, seems to be a common trait these days, money talks as they say. 

We started the season well but as the months progressed we lost our best players and on Saturday Chris had to play himself for the last 25 minutes. Can't deny that doesn't rings alarm bells. The fact that there has been a steady loss of our best players over the course of the season could perhaps lie with Chris. I am purely speculating as I am too far removed from the gossip circles to truly know the reasons.

Carlo Monti in particular is as good as any player at this level and for his Buffs career to come to weekends spent on the bench and long spells not involved at all is disappointing. You've got to keep your most experienced players happy, especially in a time when you are relying on youth to make up a large percentage of the squad.

Chris was a great servant to the club and lead us through a transformation period, lets hope that whoever comes in can continue the upward trajectory our club has been on.

I’ve got no problem with young players playing for Buffs FM. However I agree with Chris here - what’s the point of missing out on a game with say the U18s to sit on the bench for 85 minutes watching the first team. If we do have guys with the talent to step up from the youth ranks then that’s great but I doubt we have. The jump is massive from youth football to where we are and I’m guessing out best kids will probably need to go out on loan for a couple of seasons at  say a Dalry or an Ardeer to make the transition.

1 hour ago, Park the Buffs said:

I’ve got no problem with young players playing for Buffs FM. However I agree with Chris here - what’s the point of missing out on a game with say the U18s to sit on the bench for 85 minutes watching the first team. If we do have guys with the talent to step up from the youth ranks then that’s great but I doubt we have. The jump is massive from youth football to where we are and I’m guessing out best kids will probably need to go out on loan for a couple of seasons at  say a Dalry or an Ardeer to make the transition.

Any update on a permanent manager?

21 hours ago, Park the Buffs said:

U20`s play on a Friday night so as to have players available for first team squads. The U19`s play on a Sunday afternoon so no reason for a player to miss out unless they are rested for a starting place on the Saturday afternoon.

I know Pollock Clydebank, Troon, Benburb, Beith, Rob Roy, Blantyre and Bonnyton have all played U19 or U20`s players in the league this season. With others having them on the bench, so no excuse for only having 3 subs including a GK and the manager.