Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

12 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Must have been down to a particular incident? Otherwise why not just mutually agree to part at the end of the season which isn't too far away?

Perhaps his reluctance to play younger players yesterday and play himself despite his good intentions?

A conflict between the main side and the U19?

Personally I wasn't surprised when I heard the news.

I asked the question a few weeks ago after the Cumnock defeat and fair dues to the Buffs fans who came out and said they were happy enough with him.

Yes, he's done a good job there but personally I thought he had took them as far as he can and it's time for someone to come on with a view to that challenge to win the WOSL and get into the Lowland League where the Buffs are certainly capable of reaching and competing at.

Who comes in well that's going to be an interesting decision and I'm sure Chris Strain probably won't be short of an offer or two to take over somewhere.

Strange decision. Buffs wouldn’t have set a target for strain to win the league and as the fans keep saying, they’re spending all their money on the ground so finishing 4th or 5th in a competitive league and still in contention for the WOS cup would be seen as a success

17 hours ago, Crfc1990 said:
17 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:
I think that's a really bad move by kilwinning, Strainy will not be out of a job for too long 

Strain has run his course with the buffs hopefully a more constructive person takes over to get the club to the next level ...

Who would this more constructive person be in your opinion?

17 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Perhaps his reluctance to play younger players yesterday and play himself despite his good intentions?

That's an interesting comment and one to came to mind for me. 3 players on our bench on Saturday inclusive of the manager and a goalkeeper. The pathway is a crucial element of the strategy of the club. Indeed a young fullback played at Cumbernauld the previous week. Conflict of interests, possibly, the senior team should always be priority. However, risking injury to a young player in a meaningless rubber when there's a Scottish Cup Final to play? 

17 hours ago, Crfc1990 said:
18 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:
I think that's a really bad move by kilwinning, Strainy will not be out of a job for too long 

Strain has run his course with the buffs hopefully a more constructive person takes over to get the club to the next level ...

In what way had he ran his course? Genuinely interested in that POV. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

That's an interesting comment and one to came to mind for me. 3 players on our bench on Saturday inclusive of the manager and a goalkeeper. The pathway is a crucial element of the strategy of the club. Indeed a young fullback played at Cumbernauld the previous week. Conflict of interests, possibly, the senior team should always be priority. However, risking injury to a young player in a meaningless rubber when there's a Scottish Cup Final to play? 

Yeah, I can see both sides to that argument.

Being on the outside we can only speculate.

On 10/04/2022 at 15:48, Peter Culter said:

U19s have nothing to do with the first team in respect of the club. Its the u20s that are organized and run by the club, or should be.
If the committee or management were not happy with the U20s coach then they are entitled to move them on
Think Chris moving on is because of a number of factors during his tenure but I'm surprised at this as any.
Kilwinning have already sounded out a couple of managers today regarding the post

37 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Kilwinning have already sounded out a couple of managers today regarding the post

It’s a cracking opportunity and I don’t think they will be short on applications.