Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

8 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Great result for Buffs tonight. First competitive game under the lights. 

FB_IMG_1628112707698.jpg

It's coming on a treat. I'm guessing that the licence is being worked on as we speak with a view to being in place early in the year and enabling a tilt at promotion if things work out ? 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

It's coming on a treat. I'm guessing that the licence is being worked on as we speak with a view to being in place early in the year and enabling a tilt at promotion if things work out ? 

The aim is to apply for a licence, but not sure if that'll be next year or not? In recent weeks, the social hub has opened, coverings applied to all terraced areas and the uncovered seating has opened {plan to cover next year}. Amazing what's been achieved in a relatively short space of time. Credit to Colin Boyd, Colin Evans, the committee and army of volunteers. 

Just now, funky monkey said:

The aim is to apply for a licence, but not sure if that'll be next year or not? In recent weeks, the social hub has opened, coverings applied to all terraced areas and the uncovered seating has opened {plan to cover next year}. Amazing what's been achieved in a relatively short space of time. Credit to Colin Boyd, Colin Evans, the committee and army of volunteers. 

Absolutely credit to them. WSL seems to have been a catalyst for lots of improvements to grounds and well done all

Absolutely credit to them. WSL seems to have been a catalyst for lots of improvements to grounds and well done all
Totally agree bill some clubs have upgraded there grounds 2 try meet criteria for licencing. Long may it continue and the wsl gets the credit it deserves.

Mon the papers

Buffs huffed and puffed first half tonight, obvious hangover from Saturdays 4 4 draw at Glencairn. 

Second half we got on top and once the second goal went in the swagger and attacking intent returned. 

Rossvale and Cumbernauld up next. Onwards and upwards. 

A struggle for Buffs at Rossvale today. Rossvale didn't play like a team that had shipped 30 goals in 8 games. Despite attacking from the off, first blood went to the home side with a quick move on the counter and a nice finish. Syme equalised for Buffs from the spot after McColm had been fouled. Expectations were high that Buffs would step it up second half, despite the majority of possession little clear cut chances arrived. Indeed Rossvale could have won it near the end with another breakaway that saw a shot rebound off the bar. A tough game for Buffs but a spirited performance from Rossvale. Jordan Stuart and Ben Lewis best for Buffs on the day. Cumbernauld United up next. 

On 14/08/2021 at 18:39, funky monkey said:

A struggle for Buffs at Rossvale today. Rossvale didn't play like a team that had shipped 30 goals in 8 games. Despite attacking from the off, first blood went to the home side with a quick move on the counter and a nice finish. Syme equalised for Buffs from the spot after McColm had been fouled. Expectations were high that Buffs would step it up second half, despite the majority of possession little clear cut chances arrived. Indeed Rossvale could have won it near the end with another breakaway that saw a shot rebound off the bar. A tough game for Buffs but a spirited performance from Rossvale. Jordan Stuart and Ben Lewis best for Buffs on the day. Cumbernauld United up next. 

Amother tough game for Buffs tonight against a very well organised Cumbernauld side. Buffs pressed forward for the whole of the first half, but showed little invention to break the away side down. Second half started much the same, Buffs starting to penetrate a stubborn defence. Buffs got a penalty midway through the half, the keepers legs keeping out Symes effort down the middle. The breakthrough wasn't long in coming though as a decent move saw a Coutts header past the keeper for the only goal of the game. Buffs had one or two near things and Cumbernauld tried to hit on the break, but 1 0 to the home side it finished. Best for Buffs were wide men Millar and Kemp. 

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Congratulations to all involved in getting the ground up to a decent standard, couldn't imagine that when I last visited. Hopefully floodlights will see more midweek games for fans to enjoy, back up in Oct

Yep, lights make an amazing difference to the atmosphere in the ground. I'd imagine moving games to a Friday night might be commercially beneficial in terms of the social hub, I hope we see more midweek or Friday night games under the lights. 

56 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Yep, lights make an amazing difference to the atmosphere in the ground. I'd imagine moving games to a Friday night might be commercially beneficial in terms of the social hub, I hope we see more midweek or Friday night games under the lights. 

Have use not got a 20s team who play friday nights in the development league? Echo the changes at ur park just going by the videos ive seen looks like use been busy and cant wait 2 return. Well done all 

Mon the papers

10 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Have use not got a 20s team who play friday nights in the development league? Echo the changes at ur park just going by the videos ive seen looks like use been busy and cant wait 2 return. Well done all 

Mon the papers

Yes, 20s play on a Friday night. Be good when Clydebank come visiting, always a good crowd and generally plenty of goals. 

Yes, 20s play on a Friday night. Be good when Clydebank come visiting, always a good crowd and generally plenty of goals. 
Yes 2 young attacking teams going for it. Usually good games and if both teams still near the top then crowd will be decent

Mon the papers

Any news as to when the pre-order strips will be available? I'm assuming there was a hold up in the order due to wider circumstances. I tried to buy a kids Killie strip a couple of weeks ago and the shorts weren't going to arrive from the far East until September or so. I imagine a lot of clubs will have the same issue.

In front of a decent crowd at Townhead Cumnock and Buffs served up some decent fayre. Nock were the better side first half and former player Frye finished off a good move to take the lead. Second half Buffs upped their game and Nock hit on the break. Despite having the majority of the ball and throwing many dangerous crosses into the box, Buffs couldn't find a clear cut chance and some excellent defending saw Nock hold on for the win. Tactically Cumnock edged it today. Buffs unbeaten start to the season comes to an end, lessons will be learnt as we move on to Largs next Saturday at Buffs Park. Best for Buffs today were McGowan and Coutts. Special mention to the Cumnock pie stall, plenty of choice and some of the cheapest prices in the league. 

Edited by funky monkey

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't think it was offside either, but then the assistant referee had a better view than me.

I thought we deserved a point today - I didn't think there was much between the teams. Pollok were the better team for the first 20 minutes then the rest of the first half was fairly even. The goal just before halftime was so sloppy and completely preventable. It was probably Pollok's first proper attempt on goal.

Second half we started playing some football and deservedly drew level. But then we started being a bit passive and handed the initiative to Pollok. Having said that, we didn't really create much and it was pretty scrappy throughout.

I do get the fear every time a cross comes into the Buffs box though. Barclay almost never comes for a cross and isn't commanding at all. I've noticed it before but today I was watching through my fingers every time the ball was swung in. It's a major weakness at the moment.