Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

11 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

I think it’s decent, no beechwood for me but a cracking venue!! Not sure what the moans are but would imagine some were sad weren’t able to do it with the old mother ground?

'No Beechwood'

Why would it be? It's not a competition. Out of interest, what's better about Beechwood? What do Buffs have to do to get to that level? 

16 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Just stating my preference was all m8

Your preference wouldn't be Buffs Park over Beechwood given you are a Talbot fan. 

Beechwood is a long established old style ground, so benefits from that establishment. 

Buffs Park is a new ground and very much a work in progress. 

Both grounds are up to licenced standards, so lots going for them both. 

11 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Your preference wouldn't be Buffs Park over Beechwood given you are a Talbot fan. 

Beechwood is a long established old style ground, so benefits from that establishment. 

Buffs Park is a new ground and very much a work in progress. 

Both grounds are up to licenced standards, so lots going for them both. 

Indeed it’s great stuff to see, wasn’t meant or intended as a dig. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Not a dig? Reread your original comment. Why mention Beechwood at all? 

“I think it’s decent, no beechwood for me but a cracking venue!! “
As I said a decent cracking venue  🤷‍♂️ You pointed out yourself why that is my preference so not seeing where the dig is

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

As I said a decent cracking venue  🤷‍♂️ You pointed out yourself why that is my preference so not seeing where the dig is

You could have said, "i think it's decent, a cracking venue."

Otherwise, it reads as a comparison, not a preference. 

2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

You could have said, "i think it's decent, a cracking venue."

Otherwise, it reads as a comparison, not a preference. 

angry tv show GIF by CBBC

Ultimately this was a fine win for Buffs but make no mistake this match turned on a first half straight red for a Glens defender. Prior to the red card Glens had scored one, hit the post and made another 3 or 4 good chances. After the dismissal Buffs slowly worked their way into the match. Jordan Stuart squared things up at the start of the second half and with Ramsay working well on the right flank they took control. Three more goals followed with Ben Lewis’s drive from the edge of the box being the pick of the bunch.

2 hours ago, Park the Buffs said:

Ultimately this was a fine win for Buffs but make no mistake this match turned on a first half straight red for a Glens defender. Prior to the red card Glens had scored one, hit the post and made another 3 or 4 good chances. After the dismissal Buffs slowly worked their way into the match. Jordan Stuart squared things up at the start of the second half and with Ramsay working well on the right flank they took control. Three more goals followed with Ben Lewis’s drive from the edge of the box being the pick of the bunch.

Yip , I thought it was a horrendous challenge , the worst I’ve seen at this level for a wee while . I’m just glad the buffs boy didn’t get a bad injury , fisher should hang his head for letting his teammates down 😡

Excellent highlights from KRTV as usual. Glens could have been 5 0 up before the daft sending off. Buffs took advantage of the 10 men second half scoring good goals from Stuart, Hanvey, Lewis and Collins. Benburb or Thorniewood away in the next round.

Buffs new manager David Gormley was in attendance and would have been alarmed at the first half performance, but impressed by the second half. Looks like caretaker Mark Campbell is staying on as Gormleys assistant. 

Darvel away in our final league match up next. Good luck to the Glens in their fight to stay in the top league. 

Edited by funky monkey

Darvel 3 Kilwinning 2

Recreation Park looking in good nick for this one. 

In front of a good crowd it was important for a bare bones Buffs to rise to the occasion and put in a performance. 

Darvel came flying out the traps and made the early running, creating a few chances. 

Just as it seemed as if Buffs had weathered the early storm, Darvel took the lead in 20 minutes with a smart finish from Little. The second wasn't far away as Kirkpatrick headed a cross from the right back across the keeper into the net. 

At this point Buffs started to find their way and playing some passing football created a couple of chances at the other end. A corner kick was cleared and Gardiner struck the ball sweetly from 25 yards to bring the game back to 2 1. 

HT

Darvel started the second half flying again, Buffs allowed Stirling the freedom of Recreation Park and he obliged by firing a good shot home from the edge of the box. 

Darvel seemed happy with that lead and Buffs got more possession. 17 year old Jack McMahon cutting a nice shot from inside the box across the keeper and into the net. Darvel pressed again and had a couple of good chances to close the game out. 

Buffs weren't quite done yet and nearly snatched a late equaliser from a weak header. 

So, FT and Darvel are champions. It'll be interesting to see how they fare in the Lowland League as I expect them to progress through the playoffs. 

Up for Buffs next, away to Thorniewood in the quarter final of the WOS. 

IMG_20220507_134910.jpg

IMG_20220507_154811.jpg

• 2 weeks later...