Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

58 minutes ago, Hawf time pie said:

U20`s play on a Friday night so as to have players available for first team squads. The U19`s play on a Sunday afternoon so no reason for a player to miss out unless they are rested for a starting place on the Saturday afternoon.

I know Pollock Clydebank, Troon, Benburb, Beith, Rob Roy, Blantyre and Bonnyton have all played U19 or U20`s players in the league this season. With others having them on the bench, so no excuse for only having 3 subs including a GK and the manager. 

You’ll not have watched Chris’s post match interview explaining the reason behind not having the youth players in the squad then…

Buffs 0 Medda 1

As low key a derby as I can remember. 

A tale of two penalties. With a minute to go, Buffs were awarded a penalty for a clear handball in the box. Despite striking the ball well! Hanvey could only watch in anguish as his kick came back off the post to safety. 

Medda went straight up the park and a clumsy challenge from Buffs young goalie at the edge of the box led to another penalty. The Medda player made no mistake from the spot. 

Buffs can consider themselves unlucky, despite a bare bones squad, including a trialist number 9, we were definitely the better team with the better chances on the day. 

After a tumultuous week for the club it was good to get back to on the field matters. 

A blank Saturday next week, away to Glenafton in the WOS the following Saturday. 

COYB 

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey ibenji,  what was the reasons he gave for not using any

The 18s were involved in a match of their own on Saturday and he chose to protect the 19s and not risk them getting injured in a dead rubber in the WoSFL. Coupled with 2 suspensions 1 long term injury plus another player unavailable to person reasons. 

How are The Buffs getting on with their quest for a new manager? Seems you are fairly close to the situation.

4 hours ago, ibenji said:

The 18s were involved in a match of their own on Saturday and he chose to protect the 19s and not risk them getting injured in a dead rubber in the WoSFL. Coupled with 2 suspensions 1 long term injury plus another player unavailable to person reasons. 

How are The Buffs getting on with their quest for a new manager? Seems you are fairly close to the situation.

I'm a bit lost with the situation with the academy boys.

The U20s are all signed first team players, so anyone can come in and play for the first team. Obviously it bores down to the relationship of the first team manager and committee with the U20s coaching staff. If you mean by the U18s and U19s, I take it they are independent youth teams, if this is so then the Kilwinning manager has or had NO jurisdiction on those team or players, they are sperate entities which are part of the academy and then the academy and youth team managers have to have discussions with the first team committee and managers and that's without the rules and regulations of youth players being allowed on the bench when they have signed contract with the youth team. Only the Kilwinning secretary is in the position to know the ins and outs of who is allowed and not allowed to be with the team under SFA rules as I'm sure the manager or most managers don't know the finer details as its quite vast. 

The thing about the youth players not on the bench I suppose can only be one matter, there must of been a few as I believe the manager was at the helm for many years, could it not be that he has just run his course ?

I'm not close to the situation I just know there are down to two coaches who are the main preferred ones and I was informed of such directly and both those managers know that the other is in for the job.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The U20s are all signed first team players, so anyone can come in and play for the first team. Obviously it bores down to the relationship of the first team manager and committee with the U20s coaching staff. If you mean by the U18s and U19s, I take it they are independent youth teams, if this is so then the Kilwinning manager has or had NO jurisdiction on those team or players, they are sperate entities which are part of the academy and then the academy and youth team managers have to have discussions with the first team committee and managers and that's without the rules and regulations of youth players being allowed on the bench when they have signed contract with the youth team. Only the Kilwinning secretary is in the position to know the ins and outs of who is allowed and not allowed to be with the team under SFA rules as I'm sure the manager or most managers don't know the finer details as its quite vast. 

The thing about the youth players not on the bench I suppose can only be one matter, there must of been a few as I believe the manager was at the helm for many years, could it not be that he has just run his course ?

I'm not close to the situation I just know there are down to two coaches who are the main preferred ones and I was informed of such directly and both those managers know that the other is in for the job.

Sounds like they are down to their final 2 for sure 🤦🏻

On 18/04/2022 at 12:33, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The Buffs 20`s folded last year less than a 1/3 of the way into the season

16 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Good managerial appointment 👍 also a touch of class announcing the goalkeeper will be leaving. Sure to help him get a club and should be done all over imo 

Jamie is a great guy and been a great keeper. Deserves the respect imo! Really excited to see how David gets on at The Buffs, keeping Broomhill up and getting to a cup final win a limited squad and knowing he won't be there is impressive.