Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

Hurlford deserved that. We never got going and their second goal was a total gift. Kemp and Coutts should be ashamed of themselves for the reds. Kemp should know better than to go in for a straight legged challenge and give the referee the option of a red. Coutts' red (two yellows for dissent) was just total stupidity.

Decent crowd but a largely terrible game.

Hurlford thoroughly deserved the win last night, indeed if it wasn't for good goalkeeping, the score could have been more. Henderson has an experienced team with Mckenzie and Robertson still strolling it. Mixed with ex Killie youth like Morrison and Graham, they are a good side. 

As for Buffs, missing 3 of our back 4, both first choice strikers missing and Ben Lewis going off injured, we were down to the bare bones. 

The referee sent 2 Buffs players off last night. It was a truly bizarre refereeing performance. Calvin Kemp was shown a first half straight red for a challenge that didn't look a foul to me, it was right in front of me. There was no protest from the Hurlford players. It was a decision that took the competition out of the game and wasted it as a spectacle for the paying punters. A really poor decision. During the second half the referee took to consulting with his near side linesman and the players proceeded to play the game for a full 30 seconds before the referee interrupted his deep conversation with the lino to notice. In 40 years of watching football, it was a baffling incident. 

New Buffs Park looked great under the lights and the Claire Hub was buzzing before and after the game. 

On to Benburb next week and hoping we can get some bodies off the treatment table and back out onto the pitch. 

IMG_20211112_203415.jpg

Edited by funky monkey

13 hours ago, energyzone said:

Hurlford deserved that. We never got going and their second goal was a total gift. Kemp and Coutts should be ashamed of themselves for the reds. Kemp should know better than to go in for a straight legged challenge and give the referee the option of a red. Coutts' red (two yellows for dissent) was just total stupidity.

Decent crowd but a largely terrible game.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the Kemp red. Overall though, the Buffs just never got going, not a good night for us. 

Good turnout and something that should be looked at all levels facilities permitting and providing the two teams are local-ish (ie not Glenafton heading to Cumberland on Friday night.)

And the pies are smashing as well, proper things as opposed to the mass produced mystery meat concoctions  you get in the at certain top flight grounds and the chips are nice as well.

whilst i am at it i'd like to compliment Kilwinning on their attractive barmaids

Strange one,Strain is saying in the local paper that they are really short of players,injuries and suspensions,then they transfer Tony Coutts to Broomhill,I know he would be suspended for tomorrow,after getting sent off last week,but it’s a good quality player away 

Coutts has been decent for the Buffs. Think he got sent off for verbals last week, so maybe some repercussions from that, who knows? Players come, players go. Be interesting to see what the team looks like tomorrow with so many players missing. 

Edited by funky monkey

3 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Coutts has been decent for the Buffs. Think he got sent off for verbals last week, so maybe some repercussions from that, who knows? Players come, players go. Be interesting to see what the team looks like tomorrow with so many players missing. 

When he broke through at Pollok he looked a decent footballer. Why did he move on from them so quick to Kilwinning? 

Impressed with the growing set up, add some cover over the seats- maybe some terracing under the covers in the future ? Benburb fully deserved the 02 score, should have been more except for some good saves, especially in the first half.The Buffs seldom threatened, unable to get numbers forward or retain the ball for long enough.Some older heads may knit the side together better, and give some leadership,can see why goals are hard to come by. Easy for the visitors to just sit back at times.

17 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Impressed with the growing set up, add some cover over the seats- maybe some terracing under the covers in the future ? Benburb fully deserved the 02 score, should have been more except for some good saves, especially in the first half.The Buffs seldom threatened, unable to get numbers forward or retain the ball for long enough.Some older heads may knit the side together better, and give some leadership,can see why goals are hard to come by. Easy for the visitors to just sit back at times.

You enjoyed your week, Andy?

No excuses from me, but just thinking about the first pick players we had missing yesterday. Monti, Collins and McColm up front, Kemp and Lewis in midfield, Smith and Woods at the back. There's not many teams that could sustain that injury list and continue to perform. Not sure if it's just bad luck or otherwise, but certainly goes some way to explaining the drop of in performances.