Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

I know one team had to lose and Meadow have been playing well recently but today is a hard one to take, especially as the draw opens up in the next round and we could have been playing some top teams (and new clubs) from the Lowland League and east of the country.

Realistically the league is gone unless something remarkable happens, so this competition could have been something to get the town going if we'd drawn a big club and/or got to the latter stages.

We need a bit of experience in the starting line up but the management team will be well aware of our deficiencies and where we need to strengthen.

4 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I know one team had to lose and Meadow have been playing well recently but today is a hard one to take, especially as the draw opens up in the next round and we could have been playing some top teams (and new clubs) from the Lowland League and east of the country.

Realistically the league is gone unless something remarkable happens, so this competition could have been something to get the town going if we'd drawn a big club and/or got to the latter stages.

We need a bit of experience in the starting line up but the management team will be well aware of our deficiencies and where we need to strengthen.

Aye, agree with that. I suspect 4th or 5th in the league is where we are likely to finish this season. We've a fairly thin squad where if everyone is available we'll take on any team. A few injuries and we start to struggle. Could have done with a bit of experience in defence today and a wee bit more physicality across the park. Spence has installed a wee bit of streetwise in the Medda similar to what he had himself. However, without the influence of their No 11, I think Buffs would have seen the game out, the wee guy made all of the difference. 

13 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Aye you could be right. When you were doing well we were making our way back, when we hit the top again you got relegated, so fair enough. 

Number 11 a good wee player, old fashioned dribbler, caused us a lot of problems on the counter. 

As for Buffs, injuries are hampering us particularly in defence. Monti is a miss, but have to move on from that now. Actually thought we played well going forward, created loads of chances. Medda targeted Gavin every time he got the ball. Ref was too lenient, lost control, probably responsible for Ben Lewis injury. 

Has Monti moved on?  No mention that he’s signed for anyone else.

IMG_8738.thumb.jpg.505a637a32bb056eb32412c69405b417.jpg

No they didn’t win the word cup but they
pumped Pennyburn Buffs

This only works when the place a club have moved to is no longer in their town (eg Falkirk being Grangemouth FC). Pennyburn is still part of Kilwinning, so it's hoaching patter.

10 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Very gracious from the gaffer. Spence should take note. 

Very gracious,who are you trying to kid,the referee didn’t have a good game,for either team,it’s your own fault if you’re struggling for players,some out on loan,why,and maybe if you paid their wages,then they might stay 

54 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

Very gracious,who are you trying to kid,the referee didn’t have a good game,for either team,it’s your own fault if you’re struggling for players,some out on loan,why,and maybe if you paid their wages,then they might stay 

The ref had a good game for the Medda. Gifted you the first goal and let umpteen fouls go unpunished. 

Players out on loan? Wages not getting paid? Tell us more..... 

46 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The ref had a good game for the Medda. Gifted you the first goal and let umpteen fouls go unpunished. 

Players out on loan? Wages not getting paid? Tell us more..... 

The buffs players went down to easy,as if there was a sniper in the stand,you conned the referee all game. From a good source in the buffs camp,Monti hadn’t been paid in 3 months,that’s why he walked 

43 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

The buffs players went down to easy,as if there was a sniper in the stand,you conned the referee all game. From a good source in the buffs camp,Monti hadn’t been paid in 3 months,that’s why he walked 

Medda set out to play a physical game, Spence admitted as much after the match. A couple of our players were obviously targeted for continuous hits. Refs usually nip in the bud early on, but the ref yesterday let illegal challenges go and lost control of the game, probably resulting in Ben Lewis injury. No surprise that Spence sets out his team like that as that's how he played himself. 

As for Monti. As far as I am aware, the issue was specifically around a signing on fee he thought he was due from a couple of seasons ago and nothing to do with wages. Player and club will move on, disputes happen in football. 

I was there yesterday and I think it’s fair to say the ref was poor all game. He went through spells where one team seemed to be given the benefit then it changed to the other. Both penalties looked soft, Kilwinning’s in particular I can comment on as it happened literally right in front of me, and I thought the ball hit the buffs defenders back. Neither team was shy when it came to putting or leaving the boot in but both played some nice football at times. Overall I thought Meadow deserved the result as even with ten men they were the better side but hats off to the buff’s third goal scorer. Goal of the game that would be lauded at any level of football. An excellent afternoon’s viewing.

59 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

I was there yesterday and I think it’s fair to say the ref was poor all game. He went through spells where one team seemed to be given the benefit then it changed to the other. Both penalties looked soft, Kilwinning’s in particular I can comment on as it happened literally right in front of me, and I thought the ball hit the buffs defenders back. Neither team was shy when it came to putting or leaving the boot in but both played some nice football at times. Overall I thought Meadow deserved the result as even with ten men they were the better side but hats off to the buff’s third goal scorer. Goal of the game that would be lauded at any level of football. An excellent afternoon’s viewing.

Were you there as a neutral?