Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

A very scrappy game yesterday. Think a draw would have been a fairer result as very little between the teams. Disappointing to lose the second goal as the keeper shouldn't be beaten at his near post from that angle. 

Buffs play nice stuff, but sometimes want to walk the ball into the net instead of being a wee bit more direct. Perhaps lack a wee bit of physicality too.  A relatively young team still developing, we will learn and move on. 

Edited by funky monkey

Monti is a top player no doubt, but probably to his strength being the best player in an average team. Season 2012-2013 at Pollok he was the best player in an average at best team. Stood out, best player every week. 

When he came back in 2016 the Pollok squad was much better, no longer the main man and it showed.

Buffs have gotten stronger every season since they signed him. Can see history repeating itself.

Maybe not scoring as many goals, but up until this dispute has been an effective part of the team. He will be missed at Buffs, but maybe his wages will be used to bolster the squad as we are a bit thin in experience and numbers. Let's be honest though, money is still a big part of football at our level. 

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Maybe not scoring as many goals, but up until this dispute has been an effective part of the team. He will be missed at Buffs, but maybe his wages will be used to bolster the squad as we are a bit thin in experience and numbers. Let's be honest though, money is still a big part of football at our level. 

And ever more shall be so pal.

13 hours ago, South_Pride said:

Monti is a top player no doubt, but probably to his strength being the best player in an average team. Season 2012-2013 at Pollok he was the best player in an average at best team. Stood out, best player every week. 

When he came back in 2016 the Pollok squad was much better, no longer the main man and it showed.

Buffs have gotten stronger every season since they signed him. Can see history repeating itself.

He is a talent-trying to remember how many times he signed for us.Maybe 3?!

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Who did monti play for on sat? 

Mon the papers

He didn't play for the Buffs and I didn't see him around the place at all. Maybe if he leaves it will allow Buffs to sign a few more players as squad seems a wee bit light on numbers just now. 

Buffs have been a bit disappointing recently and I wonder what's gone wrong after such a great start? Pressure certainly taking it's toll on Chris Strain and looks like its filtering through to the players too.Maybe time for a fresh face as manager?

1 hour ago, killiemilan said:

He didn't play for the Buffs and I didn't see him around the place at all. Maybe if he leaves it will allow Buffs to sign a few more players as squad seems a wee bit light on numbers just now. 

Buffs have been a bit disappointing recently and I wonder what's gone wrong after such a great start? Pressure certainly taking it's toll on Chris Strain and looks like its filtering through to the players too.Maybe time for a fresh face as manager?

Paper seemed to think drummy Utd we’re offering him some good gold for his services. A guy popped up on social media at the start of the season saying big things were happening there and expect to see their name more often. 

A few of the results recently have been disappointing but it's not like we are losing matches by a huge margin. The ones we are losing are by a single goal. We deserved at least a point against Pollok, should have been out of sight against Glenafton before blowing a 2-goal lead and the same can be said for the 4-4 draw against Rutherglen.

I didn't see the Cumnock match, or St Cadocs so I can't comment on those, but we are sitting 4th, in and amongst some of the strongest teams in the West and 5 points clear of 5th.

Losing Monti is unfortunate as I don't think there is anyone who can replace his creativity at present. Saturday's match against Clydebank is crucial.

On another note, why are the matches not filmed from the media tower opposite the seats?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Hope ur bad run continues till at least after sat. I like strain hes a very passionate guy but decent guy 2 talk 2 after the game aswell.  Big game on sat for both clubs 

Mon the papers