The Warriors v The Binos

Well it’s the first game of the new League season with fans being allowed in and it’s a local Derby as well.[emoji3]

Can the Binos keep up the good form shown in the Premier Sports Cup or will a new look Warrior side come out on top that is the question.?

Think it will be a close game with the Binos leaving with all 3 points.

Prediction Warriors 0 Binos 2 [emoji3]

Looking forward to this. 

Doubt we’ll keep a clean sheet as our defence & goalkeeper are probably not our strengths, and Stenhousemuir have a couple of decent strikers. 

However I fully expect us to score at least once as we looked pretty menacing going forward last weekend. 

Will be a very tough opening game and to be honest while I’m hoping for a win, I’d be ok with a draw. Defeat would be a real setback with Kelty to come the next weekend. We’ve been handed 2 difficult opening games.

Prediction 2-2. Or 1-2. Or 1-1. Or 1-3. Or 2-3. Or 1-7. Definitely one of those. 

I think the Stirling LOLbion fans are going to be brought down to earth with a bang on Saturday. This is the real stuff lads not a pre-season tournament.

I look at both sides and we are better in most departments particularly up front where it matters. It will be those lads that do the damage.

3-0 Wawaz. Tam Orr and Thommo both at the double.

Really looking forward to getting back to Ochilview and for once we seem to have a decent team/squad with lots of options, although I wish some of those options in defence were a little better than they are. Not overly impressed with Jamieson or Coll who both played Saturday. And as for the goalkeepers. Well, no idea who Swift is going to play. Neither are impressive, but given Marshall looks like an outfield player with a keepers jersey, I'd go for Wilson, and pray Smith is back soon with no ill effects.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

I think the Stirling LOLbion 

Absolutely tragic 😂

Anyway defeat on Saturday would not be a big setback. It’s one game against a team fighting for mid-table again that’s able to produce shock results from time to time which could come at our expense sadly. I’ll go for 1-1. We are strong in defence when everyone is fully fit and our midfield is much stronger this season going by the League Cup. Andy Ryan will be a loss but others have stepped up to the plate so far. 

Absolutely tragic [emoji23]
Anyway defeat on Saturday would not be a big setback. It’s one game against a team fighting for mid-table again that’s able to produce shock results from time to time which could come at our expense sadly. I’ll go for 1-1. We are strong in defence when everyone is fully fit and our midfield is much stronger this season going by the League Cup. Andy Ryan will be a loss but others have stepped up to the plate so far. 
Not a bad effort that, not great by any means but certainly not bad

I think this is the strongest Binos squad I have seen for a number of years.They appear to have good depth and anyone could be a starter in the team.I think we can finish top two this season,providing Covid allows it.

Stenny have made a few additions to their squad this season but whether they are an improvement on last season's midtable side remains to be seen.

No doubt it will be a tough game but a think the Albion could win by a couple of goals.

This game is going to be a hell of a lot tighter than some people anticipate it being. I think we have the 2nd best squad in the league with a mid-low table manager so I expect basically every game to be tight. 

I’m glad Kev has switched away from the 3 at the back which clearly wasn’t working last season and I’m glad that we done so well in the league cup, but if we’re being realistic we still conceded 7 goals in 4 games which still isn’t great. 

That being said, I still have that early season optimism so f**k it, 4-0 Stirling. Mon the binos 🔴⚪

15 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Planning to head along. Is the bar in the ground or the warriors bar outside the ground the best bet for a pre match pint? 

Might just go to the station to be fair, I'm there every other bloody weekend. 

Heard the Station has gone right downhill of late. There will be a few Albion fans in the Warriors Club (as was) before the game. 

I think the Stirling LOLbion fans are going to be brought down to earth with a bang on Saturday. This is the real stuff lads not a pre-season tournament.
I look at both sides and we are better in most departments particularly up front where it matters. It will be those lads that do the damage.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We just edged it without being as fluent as we have been in the cup games.

The result is a bit harsh on the Warriors who worked hard but passed up a couple of great chances to score.

We await Neillys views with interest.

Next up, Kelty at home and we'll need to play better. We'll miss Mackins link up play 😟

Very hard fought, physical encounter. Not a lot of attractive football, a lot of balls in the air and a plethora of fouls, but one bit of skill and composure created the chance we scored from. Delighted to start with 3 points from a tough fixture. 

Special thanks to whichever Stenny player was clean through in the first half and decided not to bother shooting. 

On the whole the Warriors have assembled a pretty decent team considering the volume of turnover. Maybe lacking a creative edge but I expect they’ll be in the top half this season. 

Really enjoyed that. Managed to get a scarf, from the Chairman no less. Had a good chat with him about how to run a community club (spoiler alert - Stenny are great at that... County less so. He was very welcoming!). 

Stenny's number 4 was the best player on the park by a mile. What is he doing at this level? Thought he looked really comfy. Game changed when the Binos brought on their number 16, I thought he looked class. Absolutely strolled it when he came on. The Stirling number 11 has a trick in his locker but flattered to deceive with the end product. 

The sending off was coming. Binos players - number 5 in particular - were in the refs face multiple times. Think he got fed up of it to be honest, and the boy has plainly said something to him  Thought he reffed a fair game and got most of the numerous niggly fouls correct, although the Stirling fans near me didnt appear to agree. 

Shame the Stirling player cracked the post, that would have been an excellent goal. Like the poster above I'm also nonplussed by the Stenny stiker being through on goal in the first half and not managing to get a shot away despite having the freedom of Larbert. 

The best bit was the terracing. The terracing! We lost so much at County when we had to put seats in. It was great to be in the terracing with fans from both teams and it was really good natured. It was actually just great to be back at a game. 

Tough game as always but we took our chance and got the goal to edge it at the end. Pity about Mackin’s red card at the end we will miss him next week against Kelty. Still we are off the mark, roll on next week when we face the favourites Kelty, really need a better performance if we are to get anything next week.