Tonight's scores- 28th July

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I thought it wouldn't be long till u popped up oh well with Talbot winning after 18 months out u winning still playing let's see what happens when u play us that's if ur a Darvel supporter by then

6 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
9 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I thought it wouldn't be long till u popped up oh well with Talbot winning after 18 months out u winning still playing let's see what happens when u play us that's if ur a Darvel supporter by then

Mate I have been for 56 years so cannae see it changing anytime soon , good luck in season ahead 

Clydebank 2( Little 14 & 23 mins)

Cumnock 1 ( Veitch ) FT

3 hard earned points for The Bankies - excellent first half saw them 2-0 up after a double from Nicky Little the first of which is as good a strike as I’ve seen for a long time 

Cumnock had a chance from the spot to pull one back but Jamie Donnelly made an excellent double save from Osalador’s spot kick and rebound.

The visitors were much improved after the break and pulled one back with a header from Veitch and missed several good chances to equalise. Lee Gallacher nearly sealed it with a shot that cracked off the post before Bankies withstood a late onslaught to hold on to all 3 points 

Nicky Little won the MOTM but special mention to Kevin Green who was outstanding at the heart of Bankies defence

Looked another decent crowd at Holm Park tonight - maybe around 350/400? 

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Great 3 points away from home for Talbot!

4 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Good performance tonight Talbot, thought kilbirnie had a few half chances but Talbot were the better side , thought shankland played good especially in first half , good to see G Wilson getting a goal great finish as well, good player kilbirnie No10

That was the best showing of the season so far from Talbot I'd say. Kilbirnie had the odd chance but Talbot were  more than comfortable winners. 

the far milder weather and a bit of rain on the pitch helped the play as well.

Clydebank 2( Little 14 & 23 mins)
Cumnock 1 ( Veitch ) FT
3 hard earned points for The Bankies - excellent first half saw them 2-0 up after a double from Nicky Little the first of which is as good a strike as I’ve seen for a long time 
Cumnock had a chance from the spot to pull one back but Jamie Donnelly made an excellent double save from Osalador’s spot kick and rebound.
The visitors were much improved after the break and pulled one back with a header from Veitch and missed several good chances to equalise. Lee Gallacher nearly sealed it with a shot that cracked off the post before Bankies withstood a late onslaught to hold on to all 3 points 
Nicky Little won the MOTM but special mention to Kevin Green who was outstanding at the heart of Bankies defence
Looked another decent crowd at Holm Park tonight - maybe around 350/400? 
Fair assessment. Clydebank could and should have been out of sight in the first half. It looked like two sides from entirely different leagues. Cumnock were absolutely clueless and could have pulled it back to 2-1 if Osalador didn't take such an awful penalty. Perfect height and pace for the GK and his second attempt was absolutely laughable. He was better in the second half but I can't believe that was the same player who torn Queens apart a few years ago.

The second half was almost the complete opposite. Cumnock battered Clydebank and really should have got at least a point in the end. I think Clydebank hitting the post was their only real chance in the 2nd half.

A cracking game again at Junior level and well worth the £7.

2 hours ago, Yogi said:

Pollok won Frazer sent off after missing a penalty off the ball incident apparently

Handbags after a scramble around the goal line. The linesman apparently seen it but is the case it was a first as he was absolutely shocking all night long. Penalty smashed off the bar but the wee guy who took it played very well until sent off in what was a bog standard Pollok performance it has to be said.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fair assessment. Clydebank could and should have been out of sight in the first half. It looked like two sides from entirely different leagues. Cumnock were absolutely clueless and could have pulled it back to 2-1 if Osalador didn't take such an awful penalty. Perfect height and pace for the GK and his second attempt was absolutely laughable. He was better in the second half but I can't believe that was the same player who torn Queens apart a few years ago.

The second half was almost the complete opposite. Cumnock battered Clydebank and really should have got at least a point in the end. I think Clydebank hitting the post was their only real chance in the 2nd half.

This chap (a supporter of a higher league team) went to the trouble of writing out a decent match report of a game as he, or indeed she, viewed it. Then somebody gave a red downvote without explaining the reason for the reddie. Poor form, really.

Anyhoo...don't be put off chum...Come watch another game and get good value for yer money instead of...well...you know.

8 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Handbags after a scramble around the goal line. The linesman apparently seen it but is the case it was a first as he was absolutely shocking all night long. Penalty smashed off the bar but the wee guy who took it played very well until sent off in what was a bog standard Pollok performance it has to be said.

Aye, sent off on the linos say-so but totally wrong and there is no way the lino could see what was happening once the 2 players landed in the goal.

10 hours ago, nicotina said:

glencairn 1  lok 2   ht 0-0

forde gallacher

fraser missed pen then sent off

glens no4 booked in ist half then commits another yellow card offence

and ref books someone else

unbelievable   glens then take him off

He said it was for kicking the ball away although he should have booked the no4 as well for the foul. It was only a split second between the ref blowing his whistle and the glens player clearing the ball anyway they only usually book the player for kicking the ball away  if they are leading so it would be for wasting time or maybe doing it in anger and this was neither so yeh defo got it wrong.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're a brave man!

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

This chap (a supporter of a higher league team) went to the trouble of writing out a decent match report of a game as he, or indeed she, viewed it. Then somebody gave a red downvote without explaining the reason for the reddie. Poor form, really.

Anyhoo...don't be put off chum...Come watch another game and get good value for yer money instead of...well...you know.

It'll have been for the Junior reference. 

You're a brave man!

Apologies. The Juniors part in Cumnock's name is what made me say it [emoji38]

FWIW, I rarely keep track of division changes. I referred to the Championship as Division 1 for a good while after it changed.
It'll have been for the Junior reference. 
There doesn't need to be a reference...

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apologies. The Juniors part in Cumnock's name is what made me say it emoji38.png

FWIW, I rarely keep track of division changes. I referred to the Championship as Division 1 for a good while after it changed.
There doesn't need to be a reference...

Don’t worry about it pal. There are some vigilantes on this thread that hate it. Do it at every opportunity to wind them up please.