Ross County vs St Johnstone - 31/07/21

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I struggle to see how County can win this match - they have nothing creative anywhere.

St J should be winning quite comfortably.

They don't have any intention of winning this game. 

You can tell Mackay has effectively been out the game for years. Sit deep, play long, waste time, the three cornerstones of yer old fashioned British manager.

Solid performance, but the lack of attacking signings will continue to kill us until its sorted, which we all knew anyway 

I think that just highlighted how badly we need a Middleton type signing ASAP.

We really should have won that. May and Kane made a big difference when they came on but it was at least ten minutes too late. Even then, you can’t be missing the target with penalties like that when you’re struggling for chances.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Think both teams could have played that all evening without a goal

I dunno, I know that people will say this, but there was enough in that saints performance to see we can create and attack. Should have scored the penalty, hit the post, laidlaw made a terrific save, Devine put one narrowly wide with a deflection. There were a number of cut backs which just didn’t fall and it’s clear on top of all that, we’re not match sharp. 

We all know we need attacking players in the door, that’s been apparent since last season, but get them right and there’s lots to be positive about. Plus not helped by County playing 11 men behind the ball and being allowed to foul and disrupt any flow to the game at all. 

I feel for County if they’ve got to watch that all season, it’s probably not too early to say that you want rid of Mackay for more than his off field reasons. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They don't have any intention of winning this game. 

You can tell Mackay has effectively been out the game for years. Sit deep, play long, waste time, the three cornerstones of yer old fashioned British manager.

Given that squad,  and the fact that our most creative player is Blair Spittal, I’m not sure how else he could have gone about it, to be fair to the rotten racist fatso.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I dunno, I know that people will say this, but there was enough in that saints performance to see we can create and attack. Should have scored the penalty, hit the post, laidlaw made a terrific save, Devine put one narrowly wide with a deflection. There were a number of cut backs which just didn’t fall and it’s clear on top of all that, we’re not match sharp. 

Yeah, and none went in. In the bizarre situation we did play all evening, I'm sure we would continue to create half chances. Just not score any.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Where was the County fans? 

Is there a boycott due to Malky?

Probably a combo of the racist manager & the absolutely insipid offseasons for those who don't care about racism, homophobia or misogyny I'd guess. I'll certainly not give the club a penny until Malky gets the boot.

1 minute ago, forkboy said:

Probably a combo of the racist manager & the absolutely insipid offseasons for those who don't care about racism, homophobia or misogyny I'd guess. I'll certainly not give the club a penny until Malky gets the boot.

Also, they didn’t manage to send out season tickets in time.

We improved in the second half and were really dominant but haven't made Ross Laidlaw work and you can't miss as many penalties as we do. It's not good enough. 

Definitely two points dropped. Not massive at this stage and a point on the road on the opening day isn't a disaster but if you are serious about kicking on, you need to win the games where you are the better side.