Ross County vs St Johnstone - 31/07/21

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Not confident today. Think we will struggle to score

But our defence is honking!

I think we'll start with the same lineup as last Saturday.

Laidlaw

Donaldson Watson Iacovitti

Spittal Tillson Robertson Callachan Vokins

White Samuel

I'd be delighted if Harry Paton & RCC were available but seen as they were just out at the Gold Cup with Canada & Grenada, I'd be surprised.

I think one of the problems is, it’s now well documented the way we play and set up. Now it doesn’t affect the better team as they’ve got better players., but we need to find ways to mitigate the inevitable matching up or tactics against us. Now that’s not me saying other teams are simply going to set up to stop us, far from it, more the fact that the other teams know where our threats lie in this formation and we’re going to need others to step up to allow us to mix it up. 

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

But our defence is honking!

I think we'll start with the same lineup as last Saturday.

Laidlaw

Donaldson Watson Iacovitti

Spittal Tillson Robertson Callachan Vokins

White Samuel

I'd be delighted if Harry Paton & RCC were available but seen as they were just out at the Gold Cup with Canada & Grenada, I'd be surprised.

RCC at left wingback according to the BBC. No Vokins at all. 

Very light in creative, attacking options off the bench.  Squad is still shy of Middleton & Conway replacements.  Hopefully that happens soon.  You'd imagine Kane will probably start on Thursday so another reason not to risk him here.  Not beaten County in what seems like seasons.  COYS.  

As others have said, this is the opportunity that Hendry and O'Halloran would have wanted, Devine as well. 

Devine will get time but the other two need to impact the game. For Hendry that means leading the line in the way that Kane would and for O'Halloran, it means showing some sort of grasp of what is being asked of him.

Callachan with 4 fouls in 20 minutes, gotta say it’s always impressive how many he manages for whatever team he’s playing for. 😂

I'd honestly be swapping the front two at half time, I don't care how fit May/Kane are/aren't.

It's infuriating watching Hendry and MOH f**k up every attack that goes near them.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd honestly be swapping the front two at half time, I don't care how fit May/Kane are/aren't.

It's infuriating watching Hendry and MOH f**k up every attack that goes near them.

I don’t see much mind O’Halloran’s play today when he’s out wide he’s causing issues. It just isn’t going to work for Hendry at saints though, he’s not got what it takes for the top flight any more.