Ross County vs St Johnstone - 31/07/21

Nobody wanting to start this thread? Suppose I’ll take the lead then. 

Be an interesting one for sure, County whilst maybe not signing the players they wanted have played 3 competitive games. Saints haven’t lost anyone (yet) not really added in an attacking sense (yet) but haven’t played a competitive game yet. Think we tend to do quite well in Dingwall in early season encounters, but for some reason County have had the hex sign over us for the last few seasons, no matter how badly they play we couldn’t beat them. 

How aggressively are the covid rules enforced at County? 

Travelling up with others so hoping were not forced to sit 2m apart... As that would be pointless after traveling from Perth together etc.

Looking forward to it. 

No idea what to expect from County like most pre seasons! 

Hopefully a good number in attendance.

Failed to secure briefs for this game so I’ll tuning in via the radio up a munro instead providing the weather is okay.

Expecting a SJFC win if I’m being honest. County have had their covid issues to deal with and I don’t think they’re quite ready to handle a big fat Perth shlong. 4-1 SJFC

Wife's birthday so I might not be watching this, which means we'll put in our performance of the season and win 7-0.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Failed to secure briefs for this game so I’ll tuning in via the radio up a munro instead providing the weather is okay.

Expecting a SJFC win if I’m being honest. County have had their covid issues to deal with and I don’t think they’re quite ready to handle a big fat Perth shlong. 4-1 SJFC

From here on in I'll refer to you as "the ticketless twat".

Edit: I'll obviously be in attendance and may or may not try to put a rubber cock in someone's ear.

Edited by tree house tam

36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

From here on in I'll refer to you as "the ticketless twat".

Edit: I'll obviously be in attendance and may or may not try to put a rubber cock in someone's ear.

I really hope the social distancing is enforced now.

Can't see anything other than a comfortable saints win. Our backline hasn't improved at all from last season, in fact getting rid of Naismith has actually made us worse there. If we are to get anything out of this it'll be through our midfield, which seems to be the best part of our team on paper.

8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

If we are to get anything out of this it'll be through our midfield, which seems to be the best part of our team on paper.

Be interesting to see who's used to combat Murray Davidson, if he plays. Can run riot if theres nobody to match him and Draper was just about one of the last I can think of who could.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interesting to see who's used to combat Murray Davidson, if he plays. Can run riot if theres nobody to match him and Draper was just about one of the last I can think of who could.

It might end up being one of Tilson or Cancola depending on which one starts. Callachan and Robertson aren't the battling type it seems so won't be them. I will say though we are handy from set pieces these days so if we do score I can see it coming from a corner.

County 0-2 St Johnstone

Our backline is the same as last season, with no Naismith. Iacovitti, Waton and Donaldson all are capable of multiple screw ups a game. Fully expect a penalty to be conceded and a sloppy lack of concentration from a set piece leading to the second goal.

Can't see anything other than a comfortable saints win. Our backline hasn't improved at all from last season, in fact getting rid of Naismith has actually made us worse there. If we are to get anything out of this it'll be through our midfield, which seems to be the best part of our team on paper.
If a midfield containing Ross Callachan is the strongest part of your team, you're absolutely fucked. Deservedly so for employing Malky the racist.

13 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Will those of us without briefs be able to watch?

Yesterday's supporter update ahead of the game said:

The club can confirm that tomorrow (28th July 2021) we will be issuing all the information for Season Ticket Holders and PPV viewers on how to access Saturday’s match via RCFCTV.

No word on PPV details as yet though. It's only 17:40, tbf.

3 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Will those of us without briefs be able to watch?

As long as you pay for the stream you can wear whatever you want, tbf.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

1-1, typical opening day draw.  Our failure to finish keeping County in it. Callachan guaranteed to score for them.

I’d bite your hand off for that.  And for our manager to not racially abuse any of your players. 

I'd forgotten how ridiculous our record against County is in the last couple of years. That 1-0 defeat last season where Vigurs scored straight from the free kick out wide still brings me out in a cold sweat.

We've only won one of the last nine encounters. I'd wager we've shot ourselves in the foot in at least half of the ones we failed to win.

I have a ticket and can't wait to be back watching competitive action.

Sounds like Booth is missing this?

No idea what the fitness of any of our strikers is like too, MOH and Hendry the only ones who seem to have played regularly in pre-season.

Suspect it'll be...

Clark

Kerr - Gordon - McCart

Rooney - McCann - Davidson - Devine

MOH - Kane - Wotherspoon