Jump to content

Attendances information 2021/22


Recommended Posts

The state of play with 2 games to play over the weekend in the King and EOS League Cup

 

Waiting on 2 attendances from Celtic B v Rangers B and Tweedmouth v Thornton from last night

2020202020.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 31/05/2022 at 08:25, FairWeatherFan said:

For some reason I cant see these figures, image is not showing? And chance they could be posted again as I find these really interesting...thanks in advance!

Image

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

First, thanks and congrats to whoever compiled those figures.

They seem to prove that the most successful teams get the biggest crowds. Who'd have thunk it?

I suppose. After a certain point the difference in attendances can be quite marginal. An extra 50 folk through the gate every other week is great but can be easily mitigated by a committee/club finding other sources of revenue and ultimately a manager can have a transformative impact.

Premier the title went about as expected. Dunbar & Nitten though underperfomed greatly into the relegation spots and Jeanfield & Crossgates continue to defy some expectations.

image.png.3aeb64d63f7a7751359b92a50606a307.png

Conference A & B Value in the Uni sides who might not attract many fans but tends to attract a solid calibre of player to compete.

Kinnoull & Luncarty, like Jeanfield tap into the Tayside market which seems to give them an edge while everyone else is focused on Fife & Lothians.

Leith & Kennoway came about as mergers with ams/youth clubs which tend to give a solid foundation behind the scenes but not a traditional support built over the years. 

image.png.7f444fdf3a3ba3a2c611d43c133c37db.png

image.png.c3227bdf401d2cd1d51d32a3f4a9c6fe.png

Conference X too little in it, but Armadale would be disappointed.

image.png.d9839effdd9dbc4054831f7bcee22985.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/07/2022 at 18:44, Stag Nation said:

First, thanks and congrats to whoever compiled those figures.

They seem to prove that the most successful teams get the biggest crowds. Who'd have thunk it?

Mr Blackburn statsman started off this great service to guys like me and in last couple of years The Faceman took over the work. Both should be congratulated on the huge effort and time commitments keeping 60, or so club attendances up to day each season. 

The stats do hid some facts from what you say about most successful clubs getting biggest support. Just concentrating on Premier League, Linlithgow has always been up there as most supported club at our level, and it will take some effort from another club to overtake that in EoS. Tranent went very close, but with winning the league, that should have been a given anyway. 

If I was a committee member at Penicuik, I’d have been envious of Linlithgow and Tranent’s crowds. Up until the bitter end, Penicuik had every chance of winning league, yet had average lower attendances of around 150-160 per week against the two teams. 

Musselburgh buck the trend, having finished 7th/8th (?) in league but 4th in attendance figures. But compared to pre-COVID season, think they have taken quite a dip in attendances for home matches. 

Jeanfield had a down/up season, but having huge potential I am surprised that their average attendances are less than 150. Only 12th out of 18 teams, yet, for me, (apart from Bonnyrigg), have been the best EoS team over the piece. 

Edited by Casey Jones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/07/2022 at 13:06, Casey Jones said:

Mr Blackburn statsman started off this great service to guys like me and in last couple of years The Faceman took over the work. Both should be congratulated on the huge effort and time commitments keeping 60, or so club attendances up to day each season. 

The stats do hid some facts from what you say about most successful clubs getting biggest support. Just concentrating on Premier League, Linlithgow has always been up there as most supported club at our level, and it will take some effort from another club to overtake that in EoS. Tranent went very close, but with winning the league, that should have been a given anyway. 

If I was a committee member at Penicuik, I’d have been envious of Linlithgow and Tranent’s crowds. Up until the bitter end, Penicuik had every chance of winning league, yet had average lower attendances of around 150-160 per week against the two teams. 

Musselburgh buck the trend, having finished 7th/8th (?) in league but 4th in attendance figures. But compared to pre-COVID season, think they have taken quite a dip in attendances for home matches. 

Jeanfield had a down/up season, but having huge potential I am surprised that their average attendances are less than 150. Only 12th out of 18 teams, yet, for me, (apart from Bonnyrigg), have been the best EoS team over the piece. 

You make some good points as usual.

What the stats don't tell is the other games on in the area. 

Penicuik I believe have been effected by 2 things. Bonnyriggs success and their media is so bloody good.

Tranent and to a point Musselburgh have been unlucky that the fixtures seem to have 5 East lothian teams at home every second week. With Tranent Preston Haddington doing so well it means the neutral supporter of which there many are picking the best game and that is watering down the crowds. Credit to Tranent for changing 1 game to a Friday but there needs to be more working together to help each other out.

Hibs and Hearts no matter what folk say do have an impact on their local sides.

6 nations kick off times for Scotland have also not been ideal.

Jeanfield I understand from a few visits this season need St Johnstone to be away to add a few on the gate as well. 

Musselburgh the other team you mentioned have a similar problem to Penicuik. Great media but (no matter what folk say) £8 to get into league games last season was in my view too expensive. Bonnyrigg was £7! Credit to them for cutting it to 5 or 6 for the league Cup games but that together with a collapse in form 3 wins in 20 or something has seen some move to Preston and Haddington 

Looking ahead the disappointing news that most clubs have joined Musselburgh at the £8 mark will again in my view have some picking their games.

Finally I can't believe after Tranent were criticised for charging £5 for a friendly last season that the same people haven't been knocking on other clubs doors this preseason. 5, 6 7, 8 and £10 i have seen so far. Have to ballance the point out with those doing donations but really surprised that clubs are charging such prices for bang average games.

My own view of course hopefully all the clubs have a good attendance season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Jeanfield I understand from a few visits this season need St Johnstone to be away to add a few on the gate as well.

St Johnstone on top, a decent amateur scene below, and Kinnoull & Letham these days in the middle.

It's not like they're from a small town to themselves or a clear big team/little team divide.

Planning to repeat the effort in getting the stats this season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

You make some good points as usual.

What the stats don't tell is the other games on in the area. 

Penicuik I believe have been effected by 2 things. Bonnyriggs success and their media is so bloody good.

Tranent and to a point Musselburgh have been unlucky that the fixtures seem to have 5 East lothian teams at home every second week. With Tranent Preston Haddington doing so well it means the neutral supporter of which there many are picking the best game and that is watering down the crowds. Credit to Tranent for changing 1 game to a Friday but there needs to be more working together to help each other out.

Hibs and Hearts no matter what folk say do have an impact on their local sides.

6 nations kick off times for Scotland have also not been ideal.

Jeanfield I understand from a few visits this season need St Johnstone to be away to add a few on the gate as well. 

Musselburgh the other team you mentioned have a similar problem to Penicuik. Great media but (no matter what folk say) £8 to get into league games last season was in my view too expensive. Bonnyrigg was £7! Credit to them for cutting it to 5 or 6 for the league Cup games but that together with a collapse in form 3 wins in 20 or something has seen some move to Preston and Haddington 

Looking ahead the disappointing news that most clubs have joined Musselburgh at the £8 mark will again in my view have some picking their games.

Finally I can't believe after Tranent were criticised for charging £5 for a friendly last season that the same people haven't been knocking on other clubs doors this preseason. 5, 6 7, 8 and £10 i have seen so far. Have to ballance the point out with those doing donations but really surprised that clubs are charging such prices for bang average games.

My own view of course hopefully all the clubs have a good attendance season

My own thoughts registered here too. I always think I can back up any argument I make on Social media, but maybe it’s the way I tell them, that a couple of idiots red dot me, on here, even if I just say hello.

However, my thoughts are, perhaps as I am old / old-fashioned, is that for friendlies, no charges should be set at all for friendlies and it should be by donation only. Then if you don’t want to pay, th team should accept, in the hope that if supporters enjoy the match, it may encourage them and more o come in regular season. I know I am in the minority as more and more clubs are charging now in friendlies, regardless of the opposition. 

I agree with pricing. I still think matches should be £6-£7 at most. Again, not on any committee so not privy to what discussions happen at committee level when deciding on match day prices. Yes I agree that it is up to clubs to set their match day and season ticket costs. Great if the team excel and fans flock through the gates, but if the delivery on the park is sub-standard, then expect either crowds to dissipate or fans to become a bit restless. 

I live in my own wee bubble, but whether St Johnstone, Hibs,  Hearts, Or local EoS / Amateur teams are on your door it should matter. I moved to Musselburgh in 2001 and bought into them from first few matches I attended.  I wouldn’t then care if Hibs, Hearts or any other team were at home. As all I wanted was to watch Musselburgh. Crowds have dipped and I hope that perhaps it is a one-off season. With COVID hopefully not as restricting as before and the team on the rise this season, perhaps some of the missing crowds can return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, the touchline man said:

Black Boy Reaction GIF🤦‍♂️😂👍

Rather than being a pain with your childish dots/GIFs, if you agree or disagree with my comments or anyone else’s, just put your comments in like all others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/07/2022 at 11:01, FairWeatherFan said:

St Johnstone on top, a decent amateur scene below, and Kinnoull & Letham these days in the middle.

It's not like they're from a small town to themselves or a clear big team/little team divide.

Planning to repeat the effort in getting the stats this season?

I really don't think there is an appetite from most of the clubs.

I also feel the association needs to either

give someone a volunteer job to collect the info or add a line on the referees report to include attendance to give it more relevance.

The truth is that it doesn't really bother me if clubs want or don't want to pass on either scorer or attendance info that's up to them, I just think that in 10, 20, 30, 40 years time it would be good to have a record for the clubs history books 

I can only speak for the effort I put in for my local club to give them something to look back on and use for supporters. Its fair to say that none of what they have would have been possible if 2 people hadn't spent the time collecting and recording the info at the time. That is where I fear most of our clubs are missing out on now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/07/2022 at 13:58, Casey Jones said:

My own thoughts registered here too. I always think I can back up any argument I make on Social media, but maybe it’s the way I tell them, that a couple of idiots red dot me, on here, even if I just say hello.

However, my thoughts are, perhaps as I am old / old-fashioned, is that for friendlies, no charges should be set at all for friendlies and it should be by donation only. Then if you don’t want to pay, th team should accept, in the hope that if supporters enjoy the match, it may encourage them and more o come in regular season. I know I am in the minority as more and more clubs are charging now in friendlies, regardless of the opposition. 

I agree with pricing. I still think matches should be £6-£7 at most. Again, not on any committee so not privy to what discussions happen at committee level when deciding on match day prices. Yes I agree that it is up to clubs to set their match day and season ticket costs. Great if the team excel and fans flock through the gates, but if the delivery on the park is sub-standard, then expect either crowds to dissipate or fans to become a bit restless. 

I live in my own wee bubble, but whether St Johnstone, Hibs,  Hearts, Or local EoS / Amateur teams are on your door it should matter. I moved to Musselburgh in 2001 and bought into them from first few matches I attended.  I wouldn’t then care if Hibs, Hearts or any other team were at home. As all I wanted was to watch Musselburgh. Crowds have dipped and I hope that perhaps it is a one-off season. With COVID hopefully not as restricting as before and the team on the rise this season, perhaps some of the missing crowds can return.

CJ, you mention no charges should be made for friendlies?

Do you think that clubs don't have major outlays during the close season?

How do they pay for rental of facility, work on the playing surface, replacement of kit, the list goes on.

Personally I think that the 99% of supporters don't mind paying for entry into a friendly, they all appreciate that without this income most grounds would be sh*t holes, without investment life stands still. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, beachboy said:

CJ, you mention no charges should be made for friendlies?

Do you think that clubs don't have major outlays during the close season?

How do they pay for rental of facility, work on the playing surface, replacement of kit, the list goes on.

Personally I think that the 99% of supporters don't mind paying for entry into a friendly, they all appreciate that without this income most grounds would be sh*t holes, without investment life stands still. 

I think if you read more of my post you are doing a mis-service to me as I countered by saying it should be by donation only. Friendlies at start of season are in effect glorified training sessions, confirmed by making 6-11 subs at half time in some matches. This is only a recent occurence In seasons gone by it was donation or pay in the bucket.

I dont buy the rental agreement either. Teams often train on the same pitch pre-season and dont have fixed oncome then, so why ask people to pay for a different 11 players training on another night.

This week, in Mid and East Lothian at 3 different venues we have seen £5/£3 gate money; entry by donation and free entry. As said my original post is my thought only.

Obviously you think fixed costs should be charged and so do majority of clubs. Good that we all don't agree all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...