Attendances information 2021/22

On 24/11/2021 at 17:14, The Faceman said:

2411prem.JPG

2411eosa.JPG

2411eosb.JPG

2411eosx.JPG

Bit of a random observation but why was the crowd so big for the Dalkeith vs Tweedmouth game? Dalkeith not getting more than 100 all season then 310 all of a sudden. By the looks of it too, Tweedmouth don't really seem to get crowds that would suggest a big following?

Great stuff this though. Really interesting seeing how well supported some of these teams are, particularly in East and West Lothian. Pretty surprised that the aforementioned Dalkeith Thistle don't get bigger crowds than they do though.

3 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Bit of a random observation but why was the crowd so big for the Dalkeith vs Tweedmouth game? Dalkeith not getting more than 100 all season then 310 all of a sudden. By the looks of it too, Tweedmouth don't really seem to get crowds that would suggest a big following?

Great stuff this though. Really interesting seeing how well supported some of these teams are, particularly in East and West Lothian. Pretty surprised that the aforementioned Dalkeith Thistle don't get bigger crowds than they do though.

It was part of the Groundhop weekend.

This also shows how beneficial games on Friday night can be. I went to Burntisland v Lochore Welfare on a Friday night, so was part of the 211 crowd. Excluding that game, their average is only 83. That means their attendance that night was over 2.5 times their average excluding that game, that's a massive increase.

Edited by Marten

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are some outliers in the Tranent figures that I don't think stack up.  I was at their three highest attended games, Linlithgow (636), Jeanfield (1270) and Penicuik (1235).  While these were their three closest league rivals and you would expect higher than average attendances, there appeared, to me, similar numbers at each of the three games. The extent to which the Jeanfield and Penicuik games are significantly higher than the average is very odd.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

There are some outliers in the Tranent figures that I don't think stack up.  I was at their three highest attended games, Linlithgow (636), Jeanfield (1270) and Penicuik (1235).  While these were their three closest league rivals and you would expect higher than average attendances, there appeared, to me, similar numbers at each of the three games. The extent to which the Jeanfield and Penicuik games are significantly higher than the average is very odd.

I've no idea the actual attendances but there definitely seemed more at the Penicuik game than Jeanfield. Linlithgow is a more understandable dip with it being a weeknight.

Edited by Omnishambles

And to complete the set. Thanks to @The Facemanfor putting up all together. I think it bodes quite well that since this approach was started in 2018-19 by @Burnieclub78there's almost complete figures for the LL and EoS divisions. The only outstanding figure would appear to be the Celtic B v. Rangers B game in the Lowland League.

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

On the 3 games you have picked out I can add the following bits of info.

Penicuik: I was present. 2 people did a walk round. 1234 and 1236 were the numbers given. 

For this game

- there was no Hibs, Hearts, Rangers or Celtic 

- the club were on all the above clubs chats telling folk to come on down

- the social media (which I ran at the time) were posting to all the clubs not playing, national and local papers

- we also did 3 radio interviews and were putting out posters through doors at my own expense.

The number was also backed up with the gate takings.

Both Tranent and to their credit Penicuik put well above average work into that game in the hope it would kick on.

The Linlithgow game again I was at. I got 650 but went with the number the club sent.

Jeanfield was another game the club put lots into. A huge amount of people arrived around kick off for that game and again the club sent that number. I didn't have a chance to go round as I was filming as usual during the game and busy at half time.

Fully confident in those three games in the same way I'm confident that the 160 and other lower attendances are correct.

18 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I just wish clubs would be 100% honest with the figures they submit, otherwise it undermines the point of it.

I would hope that clubs are being honest.

I have taken in over 100 games this season and on most occasions have been within 5 - 10 of what the club have sent. 

I have seen clickers at Armadale, walk rounds at Whitburn and tickets at other venues. 

I am confident the numbers above are +-10 and I thank all the clubs, officials and contacts who have taken the time to collect the info.

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

On the 3 games you have picked out I can add the following bits of info.

Penicuik: I was present. 2 people did a walk round. 1234 and 1236 were the numbers given. 

For this game

- there was no Hibs, Hearts, Rangers or Celtic 

- the club were on all the above clubs chats telling folk to come on down

- the social media (which I ran at the time) were posting to all the clubs not playing, national and local papers

- we also did 3 radio interviews and were putting out posters through doors at my own expense.

The number was also backed up with the gate takings.

Both Tranent and to their credit Penicuik put well above average work into that game in the hope it would kick on.

The Linlithgow game again I was at. I got 650 but went with the number the club sent.

Jeanfield was another game the club put lots into. A huge amount of people arrived around kick off for that game and again the club sent that number. I didn't have a chance to go round as I was filming as usual during the game and busy at half time.

Fully confident in those three games in the same way I'm confident that the 160 and other lower attendances are correct.

I have taken in over 100 games this season and on most occasions have been within 5 - 10 of what the club have sent. 

I have seen clickers at Armadale, walk rounds at Whitburn and tickets at other venues. 

I am confident the numbers above are +-10 and I thank all the clubs, officials and contacts who have taken the time to collect the info.

On the subject of crowds, I know you only done league games,well done by the way.must be a fair bit time consuming but there was a bumper crowd at Rosewell last night. 

Probably Whitehill s biggest of the season. I would find it hard to count all the bodies wi a crowd like that unless as you have pointed out there is somebody at the gate with a clicker. 

27 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

On the subject of crowds, I know you only done league games,well done by the way.must be a fair bit time consuming but there was a bumper crowd at Rosewell last night. 

Probably Whitehill s biggest of the season. I would find it hard to count all the bodies wi a crowd like that unless as you have pointed out there is somebody at the gate with a clicker. 

In total

Lowland League

EOS Premier 

EOS Division 1 (A, B & X)

Lowland League Cup

EOS league Cup 

Scottish Cup

King Cup

Alex Jack Cup

South Challenge Cup 

EOS Qualifying Cup

Lowland league play offs.

Re last night. 3 people at the game were counting, I hope they didn't count the others supporters.....lol

Good crowd. 

3 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Sadly for a number of Blackburn away games, the recorded crowd did not accurately reflect how many were there, some by a considerable margin.  I won't name the clubs as it's not my place, I just hope they realise having a laugh and inflating figures is just pointless.

13 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Sadly for a number of Blackburn away games, the recorded crowd did not accurately reflect how many were there, some by a considerable margin.  I won't name the clubs as it's not my place, I just hope they realise having a laugh and inflating figures is just pointless.

Not sure i understand the posting of inaccurate numbers.

If you under cut then sponsors will be more harder to attract 

If you over do it then players can ask for more wages or expenses plus will surely be a discrepancy in the accounts 

I can only comment on the many games I've been to and I've been close enough to trust the number. Disappointing 

Just now, The Faceman said:

Not sure i understand the posting of inaccurate numbers.

If you under cut then sponsors will be more harder to attract 

If you over do it then players can ask for more wages or expenses plus will surely be a discrepancy in the accounts 

I can only comment on the many games I've been to and I've been close enough to trust the number. Disappointing 

It's over inflating figures, chucking on an extra 30 or 40 to make it look a bit healthier, even Burnieclub78 mentioned it to me when he was doing this.

You can't do anything about it, just report what clubs give you and hope they're accurate.

Well done on keeping this going.

Absolutely brilliant attendance figures for Haddington and well worth the numbers having attended a couple games this season.

They'd be in the top of 5 of the EoS premier next season already and top 6 in the Lowland league (from rough count on the other thread). They'll probably get better next season.

Hopefully they keep on progressing.