Attendances information 2021/22

1 hour ago, Man from the East said:

Absolutely so we both agree that good things off the park are happening and have been for many years.

I don't want to stick on the bit that we somehow disagree on but...if you can tell me when the club acted worse (other than giving me a gig for a few weeks!) than it did over the summer?

Just to be clear, you think that

sacking a manager 

a week before the season starts

having not played a competitive game for 7 months

who is a club legend

former player

responsible for taking the club to the top division

2 promotions

via phone 

whilst on a family holiday

and using the same/similar template words and reason that Berwick Rangers used to post it on twitter! 

is ok? A guy that gave everything and more to the club? You agree with all that! 

You can throw back all the stats back you want and this is nothing i havent said to those doing a great job off the park,  but to agree with the method, timing, reason etc is nothing short of unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Another Edin Doonhamer said:

At Haddington v Deveronvale a very rough count was 610, counting all the wee kids too.

Maybe there will be an official figure in the press as sit was a Scottish Cup tie. 

409 given.

120 Edin Uni

400 Buckie

Waiting on Cumnock and Dalbeattie. With best wishes to Zander at Bo'ness

17 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

409 given.

120 Edin Uni

400 Buckie

Waiting on Cumnock and Dalbeattie. With best wishes to Zander at Bo'ness

Hope you give thought on the Haddington crowd Faceman. Paid attendance was 409, as detailed on twitter. But Hadd also said that with the kids it was over 500. I had a crowd of 525, before the official no. was announced. But if it is ‘head count’ behind the barrier, you should go with the ‘above 500’ crowd. Remember most clubs have kids under 12 / 13 go free with paying adult. There were a good sized number in that category who weren’t part of the youth team involved in the shoot out. 

Just my thoughts - you are the boss 👍

5 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Will look into it mate, I message all the clubs and leave it for them to confirm. 

I will chat on Monday (when they have sobered up) will hold the 409 in and edit if/when required

20210926_002632.jpg

Cheers for that, but if Club gave that figure, no argument from me 👍

20 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Absolutely so we both agree that good things off the park are happening and have been for many years.

I don't want to stick on the bit that we somehow disagree on but...if you can tell me when the club acted worse (other than giving me a gig for a few weeks!) than it did over the summer?

sacking a manager 

who is a club legend

former player

2 promotions

via phone 

and using the same/similar template words and reason that Berwick Rangers used to post it on twitter! 

is ok? A guy that gave everything and more to the club? You agree with all that! 

You can throw back all the stats back you want and this is nothing i havent said to those doing a great job off the park,  but to agree with the method, timing, reason etc is nothing short of unbelievable.

Without prejudice:

Yes FM - you have your own point of view, which is clearly based on your superior inner knowledge, perhaps gained from your very short gig at that club. It seems you've described some of the apparent facts and none of the reasons why those actually happened. 

c'est la vie

7 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Without prejudice:

Yes FM - you have your own point of view, which is clearly based on your superior inner knowledge, perhaps gained from your very short gig at that club. It seems you've described some of the apparent facts and none of the reasons why those actually happened. 

c'est la vie

The reasons given were even worse. 

There is no superior inner knowledge, I would have thought a look at the comments on your Facebook after the event made that clear.

If you genuinely would be happy being sacked from your own work the way your club went about it with Geoff then fair enough. Others would have been going down a unfair dismissal route 

Nothing against any of the management team I wished them well. They may need it. You wouldn't know the way your lot are celebrating being 15 points off the pace with 1/3 of the season gone. Maybe our objectives were too much in my short time there.

1 hour ago, The Faceman said:

The reasons given were even worse. 

There is no superior inner knowledge, I would have thought a look at the comments on your Facebook after the event made that clear.

If you genuinely would be happy being sacked from your own work the way your club went about it with Geoff then fair enough. Others would have been going down a unfair dismissal route 

Nothing against any of the management team I wished them well. They may need it. You wouldn't know the way your lot are celebrating being 15 points off the pace with 1/3 of the season gone. Maybe our objectives were too much in my short time there.

🤣🤣

If I remember correctly, this disagreement started out with Faceman not happy about the way the previous manager was relieved of his position and the somewhat strange but near copying of wording associated with a manager of a Lowland club being involved in the same fate. 

I do not think, but I can be corrected, that Faceman has nothing untoward to speak of, with the new management team. 

If so, disagreement completely confuses me as the way last manager left the club was completely abhorrent and cannot be justified. 

On 25/09/2021 at 11:15, The Faceman said:

sacking a manager 

who is a club legend

former player

2 promotions

via phone 

I wouldn’t agree with that version of events either FM.  However , it that the actual version of events or just one side of a story,  

Geoff is always going to be a DUFC legend.  Boards will come and go, but there is rarely a good timing for these things and pre-season was looking like a continuation of a poor season last year. 

i read their captain saying in he local paper that the new manager had been huge for them in terms of raising morale.  Perhaps GJ had done his time there, as you say a good guy who I’m sure will be a huge success either elsewhere or no doubt back at Dunbar for a third or fourth spell once the committee move on.  

committees good or bad, and  imho to be fair to this one, they seen to have done fairly well on balance , seldom last club legends are always…. Legends.  

Attendances complete for September.

Overall 452/452 games in the East of Scotland Premier, Division 1 A, B & X, The Scottish Cup, The King Cup, The Alex Jack Cup, The East of Scotland Qualifying Cup and The South Challenge Cup

Overall 87/107 games in the Lowland League. Hugely disappointing and far from the 100% set out at the start of the season. 

Totals 539/559. 

Here are the attendances by league and month. Lowland 1st. EOS Prem, then EOS Division 1 A B and X. All the Above cup matches, then the totals.

jaslow.JPG

jasprem.JPG

jasdiv1.JPG

jastot.JPG

Edited by The Faceman