Attendances information 2021/22

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Many followers with an interest in the Juniors and now Seniors, will have memories of big crowds (without the data) and I'd guess most non league clubs have kept their crowds, maybe adding a few along the way. It's just good to have the current stats with attendances etc, excellent work. I can remember the bigger Junior games with 1,000+ and now both the East and West have a great support numbers. Good news all round.

I think it will be returning to even bigger crowds with so many clubs making improvements off the park. You could argue that there is a huge amount for some clubs to do in terms of promoting themselves 

I remember going to a game with 8 fans at it. I knew 7 of their names. Changed days, the last 15 years have seen so many clubs move forward. Hope it continues 

On 05/09/2021 at 20:53, LongTimeLurker said:

In reality I was one of the first posters on here that posted in favour of clubs defecting en masse to the EoS from the east region and was doing so back when Burnieman was still arguing that Kelty Hearts should stay in the east region and work for change through the SJFA.

Rent free lol

I think one or even just zero decimal places will suffice for the average ;)

And shouldn't the average just be counting the games which you have attendances listed in the spreadsheet, rather than including closed doors or missing numbers? Edinburgh College is surely 120/2=60 with their two CD games, same with some clubs in the LL table.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Were you counting all the miserable buggers having a free view from the balcony overlooking the Swifts' pitch too..? :lol:

Not sure about a way to stop that other than a fence on the path! From what i witnessed when i was there you can only get 5 or 6 folk up there, most just passing by and stop for a few mins. Tynecastle is another example with a cafe behind the goals. 

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I think one or even just zero decimal places will suffice for the average ;)

And shouldn't the average just be counting the games which you have attendances listed in the spreadsheet, rather than including closed doors or missing numbers? Edinburgh College is surely 120/2=60 with their two CD games, same with some clubs in the LL table.

Yes to the decimal place 'point'.. !

The closed doors, I am in 2 minds. I will put a * next to Edinburgh College and take your point. I want the games played to match up though, as its linked to a few other spreadsheets 

Doing the same for missing attendances in the Lowland league for me its a no. I want to get 100% of the attendances across all the leagues and cups, my own view is by including the missing attendances will hopefully encourage the 2 or 3 teams to send the info in. 

99 times out of 100 the clubs have the info or a rough idea. If they don't want to share it of course or they don't like me well thats entirely up to them. If I was from Mrs Track and Mr Trace especially for the 1st month I am sure numbers would be found.

Still confident that like the 4 Eos divisions, Alex Jack, Eos Qualifying, South Challenge and Scottish Cup, we will get to 100% with the Lowland and will solve this issue.

Well Faceman, your tables will take a bit of a spike tomorrow. Penicuik v TJFC must knock the average attendance well out. Great to see a big crowd turn out for the event. Great to to have as much interest in the match. 

Its odds on that the above fixture will draw a larger attendance than many clubs may do over the entire season.

Stats, standard deviation, means and confidence limits - I'm glad I'm not compiling that data. 

I'm looking forward to seeing attendance figures.

Keep up the guid work

On 16/09/2021 at 04:22, The Faceman said:

Not sure about a way to stop that other than a fence on the path! From what i witnessed when i was there you can only get 5 or 6 folk up there, most just passing by and stop for a few mins. Tynecastle is another example with a cafe behind the goals. 

The closed doors, I am in 2 minds. I will put a * next to Edinburgh College and take your point. I want the games played to match up though, as its linked to a few other spreadsheets 

Doing the same for missing attendances in the Lowland league for me its a no. I want to get 100% of the attendances across all the leagues and cups, my own view is by including the missing attendances will hopefully encourage the 2 or 3 teams to send the info in. 

99 times out of 100 the clubs have the info or a rough idea. If they don't want to share it of course or they don't like me well thats entirely up to them. If I was from Mrs Track and Mr Trace especially for the 1st month I am sure numbers would be found.

Still confident that like the 4 Eos divisions, Alex Jack, Eos Qualifying, South Challenge and Scottish Cup, we will get to 100% with the Lowland and will solve this issue.

I'd say that if the game is included, then the attendance is included.  If it was being done for auditable purposes the extreme flyers - both high and low would be excluded to give a true mean. 

1 hour ago, EUCFC said:

With respect you seem to have some kind of ocd or something. It's a decent idea trying to get crowds but really it's all a bit pointless and clubs don't owe you or any anoraks anything , fancy graphics and tables really are ott.

Get stuffed. Only a few moaning minnies lot you around on this issue and thank goodness for that. With respect, if you have nothing positive to say on the stats or how to make them better, just stay away and let the vast majority enough the stats that the guy is doing.

The graphics on here were as a result of what a couple of posters suggested previously and if Faceman wants to spend his own time collecting the stats and keeping us informed, he should be applauded for his actions.

On 15/09/2021 at 22:47, tamthebam said:

Were you counting all the miserable buggers having a free view from the balcony overlooking the Swifts' pitch too..? :lol:

In fairness, you get a great view from up there, much better than if you actually pay!

4 hours ago, EUCFC said:

With respect you seem to have some kind of ocd or something. It's a decent idea trying to get crowds but really it's all a bit pointless and clubs don't owe you or any anoraks anything , fancy graphics and tables really are ott.

You know what else is pointless?

Football.

Sorry for the constant edits!

Few wee updates for those not on twitter.

EOS Premier League - Linlithgow v Broxburn game was 475 & the Musselburgh v Dundonald match was 171

EOS Division 1 Conference X waiting on the only game played at Bathgate v Armadale

EOS Division 1 A and B are in the graphic included. A on the left and B on the right. 

The Alex Jack will be posted after with all 1/4 finals played. 1,473 have attended the 21 games played in this comp

The King Cup Waiting on Craigroyston v Heriot Watt and there was 86 at Tweedmouth v Edinburgh South.

Scottish Cup: Will be posted under as well. 10/41 attendances still to get, the Brechin v Vale of Leithen just came in 261, and Tynecastle was 160

All in top scorers chart will be last. 

ab.JPG

alexjack.JPG

scocup.JPG

Edited by The Faceman

3 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Sorry for the constant edits!

Few wee updates for those not on twitter.

EOS Premier League - Linlithgow v Broxburn game was 475 & the Musselburgh v Dundonald match was 171

EOS Division 1 Conference X waiting on the only game played at Bathgate v Armadale

EOS Division 1 A and B are in the graphic included. A on the left and B on the right. 

The Alex Jack will be posted after with all 1/4 finals played. 1,473 have attended the 21 games played in this comp

The King Cup Waiting on Craigroyston v Heriot Watt and there was 86 at Tweedmouth v Edinburgh South.

Scottish Cup: Will be posted under as well. 10/41 attendances still to get, the Brechin v Vale of Leithen just came in 261, and Tynecastle was 160

All in top scorers chart will be last. 

ab.JPG

alexjack.JPG

scocup.JPG

3 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Had a few more come in for the Scottish so here is another update! 8,912 crowd with 9 games to get

scocup.JPG

Interesting numbers Faceman;

The increase from the current average league attendance is very dramatic and is around the following number

Blackburn          +240%

Dunbar               +194%

LTHV                     +56% 

Newtongrange  +93%

Penicuik               +196%

Tynecastle         +63%

A very stunning increase for every club. 

The attraction of the Cup certainly draws in the fans. 

Obviously the novelty of playing in the Scottish has to be factored in for the new guys playing in the tournament, but its still a significant increase any way you look at it.

Well done Blackburn for such an increase - if even half these people could be retained - it would be incredible.

DUFC had an a very health 500+ in the ground, again, even retaining 25% would lift the normal gate by 100. 

It demonstrates the potential exists to increase gates.

The data faceman is collecting which will allow people - Committees/Authorities/ Sponsors to see the potential in the game, identify the areas that need improved and the future benefits that can then be accrued. 

Happy days.

I'm just wondering what the effect of a live broadcast from Shielfield Park will be on tonights crowd. Hopefully the fans turnout in similar increases to the above. 

Edited by Man from the East