Attendances information 2021/22

2 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Looks fairly gifted to us old timers.  I was at the Tranent game on Saturday there, very good crowd and a nice setup - some great lower league grounds now with all this licensing! 

Great set up there. Loads of ground work all over the place to be fair.

Just a quick thanks to all who have sent on info

Just need 4 EOS attendances have contacted but as yet awaiting reply

21/7 Stirling University v Peebles

24/7 Stirling University v Burntisland 

28/7 lochgelly v Easthouses 

27/7 Fauldhouse v Syngenta 

Just waiting on a few from Saturday any help with numbers from...

Lothian Th HV v Hillfield

Ormiston v Kennoway 

Rosyth v Leith

Easthouses v Luncarty

Edinburgh South v Burntisland 

Newburgh v Hawick

Peebles v Heriot Watt

Stirling Uni v Lochgelly

Bathgate v West Calder

Edinburgh College v Fauldhouse 

Here are July attendance numbers for Conference X

25 Games

Total Attendance: 2,885

Average per game 115 (125 if you take out the closed door games)

There were 104 goals scored

Average goals per game 4.16

Big thank you to the Conference League X teams for sending the info and the fans for going to games!

XJULY1.JPG

XJULY2.JPG

On 03/08/2021 at 09:01, The Faceman said:

Here are July attendance numbers for Conference X

25 Games

Total Attendance: 2,885

Average per game 115 (125 if you take out the closed door games)

There were 104 goals scored

Average goals per game 4.16

Big thank you to the Conference League X teams for sending the info and the fans for going to games!

XJULY1.JPG

XJULY2.JPG

Armadale seem to have a decent home crowd compared to others in the league, and other leagues even at a quick glance, and ay way way bigger than "bigger" neighbours Bathgate  :)

On 28/07/2021 at 01:53, The Faceman said:

As most of you know David has stepped back (hopefully not for too long) and I offered to keep the attendances for the East of Scotland Premier, Div 1 league A, B and X as well as the lowland league, and all the cups in the East.

On the attendances: I have tried to be as polite as possible when asking clubs for this info. I realise some clubs have very little time and helpers with all the covid stuff thrown in the last thing they need is an arse phoning them up 2 minutes after the game asking for info.

The post about the information being published on here or some weekly update that was mentioned on twitter: In order to stay on the right side of the Association and the clubs, I have asked that permission be given/oked at the next EOS and Lowland meeting. A simple 'does anyone have any problem with that' question should be enough. It is just me double checking/being polite rather than finding out 1 or 2 aren't happy. As was posted above quiet a few clubs are posting the info on twitter which shows that clubs are happy and it shouldn't be a problem

Many of the 77 (i think) clubs send direct messages and I check all their twitter posts, Facebook and websites to check for the info before sending out a tweet with the clubs needed tagged. 

I hope to obviously share the information with you all and also plan to compile a report to present to the clubs and associations on ways to maximise attendances at grounds based on the figures. 

I hope that helps with everything. I do intend to hand everything back to David on his return but should also add i welcome anyone who wishes to do headcounts at games be it supporters or club officials. Everyone is shooting towards the same goal of having this info complete and accurate.

Hi, appreciate the work you're putting into this. Great that you've now got 100% so far with all the clubs involved - was just a bit concerned that you were going for perfection at the expense of actually publishing them! Good that you're on here as well so hopefully spectators can fill in any missing headcounts from clubs. :)

I noticed you'd replied to the Oakley guy on Twitter so that's sorted. Maybe check your Twitter notification settings as some replies might be hidden by the "quality filter". 

Might also be worth changing the background colour of cells in your date column to a light grey, to indicate midweek dates? 

On 30/07/2021 at 20:49, Malty Guy said:

There is a big weakness in it though Faceman and its the accuracy. In the very likely event of a match with 200 bodies in the ground, what is the attendance? is it those who have paid to attend - the paying public. Is it the Committee members and helpers, some of which can run into 25. If both clubs had say a home committee/helpers squad of 25 and a visiting committee of the recommended 10 persons max (AND WE ALL KNOW SEVERAL CLUBS WHO TOTALLY ABUSE THAT RECOMMENDATION) it gives us a total of 35. If there's 10 youngsters in ground then adding them to the 35 gives 45. This is a 22% difference from those in total inside the ground.  Its great to compare apples with apples. If you include some simple guidance, I'm sure that the collated data will be a lot more useful to everyone. Its not a criticism, it's a suggestion. If you specify exactly who is included or excluded from the headcount it can only provide good accurate base data and future management information.

I've quoted David's recommendations below. Makes sense because if you are headcounting as a normal punter then you might not know who is committee etc. to exclude from the count. And it keeps things consistent if a club doesn't send one in. I counted on the first game of this season and was 5-10 short of the club's figure, most clubs seem to be accurate.

On 05/02/2020 at 21:22, Burnieclub78 said:

Most of " these " headcount figures are around or under 100. Most figures given will be there or thereabouts. This exercise is not official attendance with ticket count only or counting through the gate only. Everyone on spectators side of barriers should be counted as a spectator.  A physical count around the ground with a clicker of heads will give a more accurate fig and may well surprise many with how many spectators are in ground. Yes there may well be some inflated figures given but they will be the minority. When they are they usually do get called out. This is still early days with this but I believe with a bit more time and more clubs help the figures will become more and more accurate as we go on. 

On 06/02/2020 at 22:42, Burnieclub78 said:

I totally understand where you are coming from regarding gate numbers. My personal opinion regarding attendance figures is they should include all on spectators side of barriers. This imo gives a more accurate figure of spectators. Take the Darvel / Petetshill game. 305 I believe was paying gate? I may be wrong? Add on two committees, helpers, kids etc and can be quite easily another 80+. Spectators. All are seeing advertising / sponsorship / club adverts / buying food & drinks etc and almost certainly watching the game.

Regarding cup games I can understand if gate is split but if figures are given as paying between clubs, and then a total including free, kids, committee etc then I'm sure that could work when announcing total att.  Still need all clubs to help with getting most accurate figures possible. 

On 04/08/2021 at 08:45, The Faceman said:

In all just over 22,000 have attended

and

league and the 2 cup games so far this season. Hard to imagine this a few months ago.

They have seen: 178 games

656 goals

326 at home 330 away

72 home wins

25 draws

81 away wins

wonder how many out of the 22,000 have actually paid.  if nobody can say definitively then what?

for the games that everyone knows will have the 200/250 gross attendance , the 15% will be in as guests/committee/match day persons.

for the games with lower attendace figures of around 60,,, the same 20/30 guests/ committee/ match day persons then equates to 40 or 50% of the attendance.

i think definition and clarity has to be debated, otherwise the data is flawed and information reduced and the accuracy isnt worth too much.

Edited by YoungSouthcroft

7 hours ago, YoungSouthcroft said:

wonder how many out of the 22,000 have actually paid.  if nobody can say definitively then what?

for the games that everyone knows will have the 200/250 gross attendance , the 15% will be in as guests/committee/match day persons.

for the games with lower attendace figures of around 60,,, the same 20/30 guests/ committee/ match day persons then equates to 40 or 50% of the attendance.

i think definition and clarity has to be debated, otherwise the data is flawed and information reduced and the accuracy isnt worth too much.

Does it matter? We're not collecting financial data here, we're recording how many are there to watch the game. The committee members and volunteers may not be paying an admission fee but most of them certainly would be if they weren't giving in other ways. Lots of committee members and volunteers - the vast majority, most likely - are out of pocket in their support for the clubs anyway. They're all fans.

If someone is at the game and isn't being paid to be there, then they're supporting the clubs. I couldn't care less if they paid to get in or they get free entry because they serve a more important role.

I suspect that clubs at the highest levels count the number of bums on seats in their attendance figures, which probably includes complimentaries, competition winners, sponsors' freebies and God-knows-what.

Whenever I do headcounts I include everyone outside the perimeter fence unless they clearly shouldn't be counted, like a sub or physio standing near the dug-out. I think that's definitely the way to go. 

On 06/08/2021 at 21:48, YoungSouthcroft said:
On 04/08/2021 at 08:45, The Faceman said:

Have a read of my post above which quotes Burnieclub78 who started gathering the headcounts - do those contain a good enough definition?

You are hard work are you not?

Phenomenal piece of work done previously by handyman that most fans + clubs supported. Has taken time out and to his credit, Faceman has taken up the role, and doing it exactly as was done before. Sure Faceman will be delighted to hand this collection of stats when handyman feels the time is right to comeback. 

Please just appreciate the time and effort both guys are putting in, all free of course.

It's an indication of how many people were watching the game inside the ground. Nothing more, nothing less, and it's appreciated by a lot of people.

Just to quickly clarify what has been said further down in response to your post.

Attendances are being counted to the best of my knowledge as people who are present at the game (not including coaching, players and the officials)

The points you make above would be valid if we were collecting the £££s clubs were bringing in, which isn't the case and doing that would be extremely difficult and open to the inaccuracies you state above.

I sadly am a prime example. I have a season ticket  for a club but have yet to go to that clubs home games. Having paid the club could add me into their Attendances despite me paying into another teams game.

I know there are arguments to not count committee, again that's not what this is about. Some committees years ago had to pay to get in to their games so not counting them would again lead to false numbers. I am sure that there are a few clubs still doing that.

Best answer is what Casey said and to continue to do whats been happening over the last few years with Davids system and not change a winning formula. 

Agreeing with Casey also that as soon as David returns everything will be handed over. An offer of help will be made as it is a time consuming task. Only 5 of the weekend Attendances were sent or put up on social media  so there is still plenty to be done.