Attendances information 2021/22

Hi, my name is Ryan, just to clear up some of the questions that have been posted on the various pages.

As most of you know David has stepped back (hopefully not for too long) and I offered to keep the attendances for the East of Scotland Premier, Div 1 league A, B and X as well as the lowland league, and all the cups in the East.

I have collected the goal scorers for the above leagues in their various names for the last few years and most of you know I am writing a history book about Musselburgh Athletic 

On the attendances: I have tried to be as polite as possible when asking clubs for this info. I realise some clubs have very little time and helpers with all the covid stuff thrown in the last thing they need is an arse phoning them up 2 minutes after the game asking for info.

Having said that, it would be great to get 100% of the attendances. Until tonights (tuesdays) games we had 89 of the 108 games played with confirmed numbers - over 12,000 attending.

Just to answer a few of the points made:

I have been talking to pretty much every club and they try their best to post or text numbers.

There was a post about ignoring responses, as far as I am aware I have answered every tweet or Facebook post that has tagged me and replied with a thank you, if any have been ignored it certainly wasn't intended. I do try to respond to every single post or comment as politely and clearly as I can

The post about the information being published on here or some weekly update that was mentioned on twitter: In order to stay on the right side of the Association and the clubs, I have asked that permission be given/oked at the next EOS and Lowland meeting. A simple 'does anyone have any problem with that' question should be enough. It is just me double checking/being polite rather than finding out 1 or 2 aren't happy. As was posted above quiet a few clubs are posting the info on twitter which shows that clubs are happy and it shouldn't be a problem

The post about the info being top secret or confidential - I think the answer above covers that. Some clubs are posting it. Some aren't. I was just being overly careful not to get on the wrong side of them.

Many of the 77 (i think) clubs send direct messages and I check all their twitter posts, Facebook and websites to check for the info before sending out a tweet with the clubs needed tagged. 

I hope to obviously share the information with you all and also plan to compile a report to present to the clubs and associations on ways to maximise attendances at grounds based on the figures. 

The information is collected on 10 writing pads and after every set of fixtures fed into a basic excel spreadsheet. The pads are back up in case anything happens to the spreadsheet!

I hope that helps with everything. I do intend to hand everything back to David on his return but should also add i welcome anyone who wishes to do headcounts at games be it supporters or club officials. Everyone is shooting towards the same goal of having this info complete and accurate.

Finally, if you have any questions, ideas or just want any info for programmes etc feel free to contact me. I do have a full time job and 2 beautiful kids but always try to respond ASAP. 

Ryan Kelly on Facebook

@ryanmusselburgh on twitter

07541355622 via text.

All the best

Great stuff Ryan.  Yourself and David have, and are providing a great reference for many people.  Football at the 'lower' level has always been of huge interest to many - we now have some numbers that we can match with that interest.

21 minutes ago, MDM said:

Great stuff Ryan.  Yourself and David have, and are providing a great reference for many people.  Football at the 'lower' level has always been of huge interest to many - we now have some numbers that we can match with that interest.

Would imagine it will also help attract sponsors. Last night there was a 500, 400+ 300+ and plenty of 200. 

Yes that might change when the SPFL starts or the colder nights come in but the football and value may tempt a few to remain.

59 minutes ago, Tappy the Toon said:

I've messaged you on Twitter a few times regarding the attendances at the Oakley games,but I see they're still not published.So here they are again:

Lochgelly v Oakley 54

Oakley v Burntisland 110

Oakley v Peebles 64

Hi tappy the toon, 1st thanks for this post with the Oakley info. 

I genuinely can't find the posts on twitter, what is your handle? 

Anyway apologies for that, it was definitely not intended and I appreciate the time taken to repost it tonight. Will add them in the morning 

Kind regards

Ryan

On 28/07/2021 at 01:53, The Faceman said:

Hi, my name is Ryan, just to clear up some of the questions that have been posted on the various pages.

As most of you know David has stepped back (hopefully not for too long) and I offered to keep the attendances for the East of Scotland Premier, Div 1 league A, B and X as well as the lowland league, and all the cups in the East.

I have collected the goal scorers for the above leagues in their various names for the last few years and most of you know I am writing a history book about Musselburgh Athletic 

On the attendances: I have tried to be as polite as possible when asking clubs for this info. I realise some clubs have very little time and helpers with all the covid stuff thrown in the last thing they need is an arse phoning them up 2 minutes after the game asking for info.

Having said that, it would be great to get 100% of the attendances. Until tonights (tuesdays) games we had 89 of the 108 games played with confirmed numbers - over 12,000 attending.

I have been talking to pretty much every club and they try their best to post or text numbers.

There was a post about ignoring responses, as far as I am aware I have answered every tweet or Facebook post that has tagged me and replied with a thank you, if any have been ignored it certainly wasn't intended. I do try to respond to every single post or comment as politely and clearly as I can

The post about the information being published on here or some weekly update that was mentioned on twitter: In order to stay on the right side of the Association and the clubs, I have asked that permission be given/oked at the next EOS and Lowland meeting. A simple 'does anyone have any problem with that' question should be enough. It is just me double checking/being polite rather than finding out 1 or 2 aren't happy. As was posted above quiet a few clubs are posting the info on twitter which shows that clubs are happy and it shouldn't be a problem

The post about the info being top secret or confidential - I think the answer above covers that. Some clubs are posting it. Some aren't. I was just being overly careful not to get on the wrong side of them.

Many of the 77 (i think) clubs send direct messages and I check all their twitter posts, Facebook and websites to check for the info before sending out a tweet with the clubs needed tagged. 

I hope to obviously share the information with you all and also plan to compile a report to present to the clubs and associations on ways to maximise attendances at grounds based on the figures. 

The information is collected on 10 writing pads and after every set of fixtures fed into a basic excel spreadsheet. The pads are back up in case anything happens to the spreadsheet!

I hope that helps with everything. I do intend to hand everything back to David on his return but should also add i welcome anyone who wishes to do headcounts at games be it supporters or club officials. Everyone is shooting towards the same goal of having this info complete and accurate.

Finally, if you have any questions, ideas or just want any info for programmes etc feel free to contact me. I do have a full time job and 2 beautiful kids but always try to respond ASAP. 

Ryan Kelly on Facebook

07541355622 via text.

All the best

On 28/07/2021 at 01:53, The Faceman said:

Ryan Kelly on Facebook

07541355622 via text.

All the best

I like the idea of it very much and raised it a while back. There is a big weakness in it though Faceman and its the accuracy. In the very likely event of a match with 200 bodies in the ground, what is the attendance? is it those who have paid to attend - the paying public. Is it the Committee members and helpers, some of which can run into 25. If both clubs had say a home committee/helpers squad of 25 and a visiting committee of the recommended 10 persons max (AND WE ALL KNOW SEVERAL CLUBS WHO TOTALLY ABUSE THAT RECOMMENDATION) it gives us a total of 35. If there's 10 youngsters in ground then adding them to the 35 gives 45. This is a 22% difference from those in total inside the ground.  Its great to compare apples with apples. If you include some simple guidance, I'm sure that the collated data will be a lot more useful to everyone. Its not a criticism, it's a suggestion. If you specify exactly who is included or excluded from the headcount it can only provide good accurate base data and future management information.

1 hour ago, Malty Guy said:

I like the idea of it very much and raised it a while back. There is a big weakness in it though Faceman and its the accuracy. In the very likely event of a match with 200 bodies in the ground, what is the attendance? is it those who have paid to attend - the paying public. Is it the Committee members and helpers, some of which can run into 25. If both clubs had say a home committee/helpers squad of 25 and a visiting committee of the recommended 10 persons max (AND WE ALL KNOW SEVERAL CLUBS WHO TOTALLY ABUSE THAT RECOMMENDATION) it gives us a total of 35. If there's 10 youngsters in ground then adding them to the 35 gives 45. This is a 22% difference from those in total inside the ground.  Its great to compare apples with apples. If you include some simple guidance, I'm sure that the collated data will be a lot more useful to everyone. Its not a criticism, it's a suggestion. If you specify exactly who is included or excluded from the headcount it can only provide good accurate base data and future management information.

Hi, I think we had a chat on twitter last year or the year before and the parameters were all who were in the ground bar both teams.

On 28/07/2021 at 14:21, The Faceman said:

Not as technically gifted so here is what we have so far.

East of Scotland Premier League. 

Games 29

5,275 attending

Average around 181 

Updated 27/7/21

PREM 1.JPG.jpg

PREM 2.JPG.jpg

Looks fairly gifted to us old timers.  I was at the Tranent game on Saturday there, very good crowd and a nice setup - some great lower league grounds now with all this licensing!