Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves - GAMER edition.

SANTAN

People commenting on videos of/replying to tweets about certain games (Warzone atm) saying how shite it is and how they don't believe that anyone still plays it. If it's so shite why are you watching a fucking video about it. Some amount of people geniuenly seem to think they're a better person cause they play BF or Fortnite.

Warzone has a really bad community in general. Not so much people being dicks but the content that's written about it is abysmal. I find even trying to Google something as simple as "how much range does a UAV have?" leads to multiple clickbait articles which have 5-6 paragraphs explaining in turn: The Call of Duty series, Warzone, battle royales, what a UAV is and how I buy one without telling me what I want to know. I don't want to watch a 10 minute video either. Just explain it to me in a bit of text.

Is there a Warzone wiki I'm missing?

The Mako

Drive it off a cliff? Not a scratch on it.

Couple of hits from that bug thing? It's fucked.

Really Mass Effect? Really? The Mako can cope with falling off a mountain but can't deal with a space centipede?

And the Liara sex scene isnt nearly as good as pumping Triss in Witcher 3.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

6 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

And the Liara sex scene isnt nearly as good as pumping Triss in Witcher 3.

Bear in mind they were seriously accused of creating a sex simulator with full homosexual penetration back in 2007, all because there's a brief glimpse of blue alien arse. America, lol.

The Witcher games were censored over there too. The copious amounts of gore and blood were fine, of course, but the tits had to be taken out.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Bear in mind they were seriously accused of creating a sex simulator with full homosexual penetration back in 2007, all because there's a brief glimpse of blue alien arse. America, lol.

The Witcher games were censored over there too. The copious amounts of gore and blood were fine, of course, but the tits had to be taken out.

And then you've got South Park - Stick of Truth where your character (a child) gets anally probed by aliens and you also get to give Randy an abortion... iif you're playing n the US that is because for whatever censorship reasons the scenes are cut in the EU and you get a jokey message explaining what is happening. 

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

People in Rocket League who spam Take the Shot! Take the Shot! Take the Shot! when the most easy and obvious shot ever is on. Usually happens in doubles and usually makes me miss the shot because I get distracted. 

"What a save" after scoring. 

2 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

"What a save" after scoring. 

Nah there's a difference between outright toxicity and/or winding people up and trying to direct your teammates via the chat when you're at Diamond level and the play is easy and obvious.

Now people who vote to forfeit in 2v2 when you're 2-0 up and concede a goal, they can get straight to f**k. I just do it in that situation. You want to be a dick? I don't care about my rating, m8.

Things that make me have heated gamer moments:

DRM. Great laugh when pirated versions of games run/function better with DRM removed.

Single player games requiring being online either all the time or occasionally for 'authentication'.

Games requiring an account with another service external to the one you bought in from. Reason why I don't touch anything EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar or Microsoft. For Bethesda stuff it requires workarounds that whilst easy to are an inconvenience.

That time Bethesda slapped a Bethesda account requirement on the OG Doom games. Yes the OG Doom games that have been open source since the late 90's. Source ports are better anyway.

The practice in the 'retro' era of making western versions of games harder. This was done for arcade games to get more money into arcade machines & for console games to combat the rental market.

Beat em ups that don't have health bars for at least the bosses. Even more frustrating when it's games that came out after Final Fight, looking at you Konami.

The concept of season passes.

Flying enemies in beat em ups. Jetpack assholes as someone once so eloquently put it.

Physical games on PC not being a thing anymore. Blame that on Blu Ray drives never really taking off on pcs  due to cost & anything using CD's requiring an obnoxious amount of discs due to game size. GTA V physical on PC is 7 discs. Amiga users probably having flashbacks to disc swapping & the RSI it caused.

Nintendo's hard on for dishing out DMCA's on everything from fan made game content to repair & modding guides. File Take Two under the former as well.

The first revision of the OG XBOX controller. Shout out to the 12 people who unironically like the Duke.

FPS games without flushing toilets.

Naff PC Ports.

The N64 controller.

Most puzzles in FPS games. I just wanna make things go dead with big gun.

EA's long list of studios they buy only to kill off.

Online games that get shutdown by developers & aren't handed off the community in order to keep the game alive for the playerbase.

Games that don't allow changing FOV either outright or keeping it behind a console command/ini setting.

Motion blur.

The AAA industry being a complete dumpster fire.

Games stuck in a confusing & complicated web of who owns the rights & IP meaning they can't be re-released on modern platforms or re-mastered. Blame this on mergers & acquisitions being a convoluted mess given enough time.

Hi this has been my TED talk. Like share & subscribe.

Edited by GNU_Linux

DRM. Great laugh when pirated versions of games run/function better with DRM removed.

Single player games requiring being online either all the time or occasionally for 'authentication'.

Games requiring an account with another service external to the one you bought in from. Reason why I don't touch anything EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar or Microsoft. For Bethesda stuff it requires workarounds that whilst easy to are an inconvenience.

That time Bethesda slapped a Bethesda account requirement on the OG Doom games. Yes the OG Doom games that have been open source since the late 90's. Source ports are better anyway.

The practice in the 'retro' era of making western versions of games harder. This was done for arcade games to get more money into arcade machines & for console games to combat the rental market.

Beat em ups that don't have health bars for at least the bosses. Even more frustrating when it's games that came out after Final Fight, looking at you Konami.

Flying enemies in beat em ups. Jetpack assholes as someone once so eloquently put it.

Physical games on PC not being a thing anymore. Blame that on Blu Ray drives never really taking off on pcs  due to cost & anything using CD's requiring an obnoxious amount of discs due to game size. GTA V physical on PC is 7 discs. Amiga users probably having flashbacks to disc swapping & the RSI it caused.

Nintendo's hard on for dishing out DMCA's on everything from fan made game content to repair & modding guides. File Take Two under the former as well.

The first revision of the OG XBOX controller. Shout out to the 12 people who unironically like the Duke.

Naff PC Ports.

The N64 controller.

Online games that get shutdown by developers & aren't handed off the community in order to keep the game alive for the playerbase.

Games that don't allow changing FOV either outright or keeping it behind a console command/ini setting.

Motion blur.

Games stuck in a confusing & complicated web of who owns the rights & IP meaning they can't be re-released on modern platforms or re-mastered. Blame this on mergers & acquisitions being a convoluted mess given enough time.

I'm with you on everything but I'm not having the N64 controller.

14 hours ago, Mr X said:
14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Naff PC Ports.

The N64 controller.

Motion blur.

I'm with you on everything but I'm not having the N64 controller.

Exactly what I was about to say. Everything else on his list is fine but the N64 controller is an all time classic.

PS5 controller has speakers on it and you can't just turn it off casually, if you want to do so you need to do it on the menus which is long... everytime I play certain multiplayer games guaranteed to have audio of someone's screaming kids in the background or someone's shite music.