Rangers vs Livingston

So the 21/22 SPFL Premiership season starts with Livingston visiting The Champions. A 13:30 kick off to be played in front of 23,000 fans.

I'd imagine our starting line up against Real Madrid will give us a clue as to how we will start on Saturday with maybe a couple of tweaks. I'd go for something like:

McGregor

Tavernier            Goldson            Helander           Barisic

Lundstram         Davis           Kamara

Wright                  Sakala                  Kent

It sounds like Roofe and Aribo may have a Covid isolation period but the club haven't confirmed either way so they may come into contention. We may see Arfield/Hagi in for one of the midfield 3 to give us a bit more presence when attacking but Lundstram does seem like he can get forward well too.

We also have Itten and Defoe who may come in for Sakala as he might be saved for our match away to Malmo on Wednesday. I'm hopeful of a strong start to the season: 2-0 Rangers my prediction.

Idly perusing the Racing & Football Outlook televised match previews over a pack of Tunnock's caramel wafers and a bottle of Irn Bru. The 250-word preview of the weekend's first TV game ends with an unoriginal recommendation of backing The Famous to win to nil, which is 8/11 with Bet365.

...the same section - and same tipster, Aaron Ashley - goes for a Hearts/draw double chance investment at Tynecastle.

Can see us going 433 as well

Stryjek

Devlin          Obileye         Parkes         Longridge

Sibbald          Holt         Lewis

Mullin                 Anderson                 Montano

Fairly strong lineup but Parkes gives me the fear having to get up to the speed required for this game. If we keep it below 3 I'll be happy. Can't see us getting anything out the game while Rangers are raring to go

Edited by ATLIS

Longridge and Shinnie picked up knocks against Cowdenbeath and Devlin, Mullin and Forrest haven't had 90 minutes, so I would be shocked to see any of them start.

I reckon this will be the lineup

Stryjek

McMillan          Obileye         Parkes         Penrice

Pittman     Holt        Lewis

Sibbald        Anderson       Montano

I also reckon if we don't get horsed, then it's a good game for us

Guess this will be the reality of how our defence is doing, although it looked shaky we only conceded 3 goals in 8 games during pre season and the cup group stages (6 clean sheets), another clean sheet last night in a bounce game against Edin City too. However we wont get away with mistakes at the back against Sevco, they'll punish us every time, so will be interesting to see how we hold up.

Obv we had injuries, covid isolations,  and another virus going through the team, so not an ideal preparation to our league campaign, i think we'll get well gubbed here but should improves with each game now that players are all back getting their fitness up, and becoming better acquainted with new signing gelling.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 hours ago, spiggle said:

I reckon this will be the lineup

Stryjek

McMillan          Obileye         Parkes         Penrice

Pittman     Holt        Lewis

Sibbald        Anderson       Montano

God help us.

Reckon this is will either be a 5-0 pumping or a well-fought 0-0. Can't see anything in between.

Have to say, I’m really not looking forward to this one! Felt relatively confident if we fought hard, we could get at least a point out of both Celtic and Rangers last season. The way pre-season and cup games have went, I’ll be happy if we don’t concede more than 3. 

7 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Does anyone know if this a 1.30 kick off because there's nothing else on, or is this going to be a regular thing this season?

Bit of a pain as I'll barely see the first half before heading to the Clyde game.

Once the English leagues start I doubt we will see these kickoff times again.

8 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Does anyone know if this a 1.30 kick off because there's nothing else on, or is this going to be a regular thing this season?

Bit of a pain as I'll barely see the first half before heading to the Clyde game.

Is Livi your big team then, and you just have to watch us playing before heading to your wee local game?