Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

5 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Hedges to Blackburn rumour doing the rounds.

Oof, would be a loss to us if true but better it happens now than at the end of the window.

Already need to bring some others in but would certainly need to reinvest in a replacement.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe you didn't read my full post. I said that Aberdeen are entitled to make their own regulations for entry. 

Just as I'm entitled (at this moment in time) to point out that many of these regulations have no legal or medical basis, and are in fact utter shite. 

You also used the term “an abuse of civil liberties”…

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Bang on. FFS.

Very difficult to see how that team passes the ball well enough to have a serious chance of winning the game. Very, very conservative.

Not sure who your avatar is but it certainly sums up my reaction to that starting XI.

Edited by Granny Danger

12 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yip, I see a low scoring game. On our part anyway.

Fucking boo!

ETA did we not sack Mellon for not playing the youths then hire the analyst to play open, attacking football with the young lads? I dont see any young lads in the starting eleven, I see the team that played last season. Hmm.

The benefit of promoting from within is consistency of selection.

Or something.

So in our 1st league game with our new youth focused coaching set up, against a team that were playing in Europe midweek, we've got only one *academy graduate in the starting line up. And he made his debut 6 years ago.

Looking at the line-up I assume our bold adventurous game plan is to absolutely shitfest it and hope Mulgrew plonks a half-decent set piece onto Shankland or Edwards head.

If we're this unambitious now God knows how bad it'll be with Sevco next week.

8 minutes ago, captainkev said:

So in our 1st league game with our new youth focused coaching set up, against a team that were playing in Europe midweek, we've got only one *academy graduate in the starting line up. And he made his debut 6 years ago.

Looking at the line-up I assume our bold adventurous game plan is to absolutely shitfest it and hope Mulgrew plonks a half-decent set piece onto Shankland or Edwards head.

If we're this unambitious now God knows how bad it'll be with Sevco next week.

Double figures and brackets next week imo.

32 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yip, I see a low scoring game. On our part anyway.

Fucking boo!

ETA did we not sack Mellon for not playing the youths then hire the analyst to play open, attacking football with the young lads? I dont see any young lads in the starting eleven, I see the team that played last season. Hmm.

Did Neilson not start first game of last season? So we’ve replaced him with that young prospect Mulgrew!

How the fuch is Fucks not playing?!

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Did Neilson not start first game of last season? So we’ve replaced him with that young prospect Mulgrew!

Was there not word he was injured? Big loss for us.

ETA probably offset by Hedges who, from watching Dons v Utd games last season, is comfortably their best player ( and could play at a much higher level)

Edited by Alert Mongoose

9 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Ahh but you see, we are but thick fans who know nothing of the mystical world of football.

Mulgrew is clearly young at heart and thus merits a place in the starting 11, as does Reynolds. After all, its about how young you feel.