Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not going to lie, audio only might be the best way to watch this game to protect everyone's eyes

Don't know, hearing "Reynolds launches it at Shankland who is unable to control the scud missile as it flies 60 feet above his tremendous forehead" might be just as bad.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Don't know, hearing "Reynolds launches it at Shankland who is unable to control the scud missile as it flies 60 feet above his tremendous forehead" might be just as bad.

I've seen that movie before though, I don't need to see it again

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

More likely “A brilliant piece of play by the ex-Aberdeen man Pawlett who is causing all sort of problems for his former club”.   Short pause “. Just kidding, he’s still pish”.

Edited by Granny Danger

Just done my LFT too - hopefully that's the last of that, but worth a few second of discomfort to see the reds.

Prediction 2-2 draw.   United to raise their game, and the new look dandies still a bit distracted by all the Euro stuff - a goal would be nice for starters against this lot, but Siegriest and Shankland are good keepers. 

Edited by tarapoa

Guest Bob Mahelp
51 minutes ago, resk said:

"An abuse of civil liberties"?  That seems a bit melodramatic to me TBQHWY.  

They're making us wear face masks. Outdoors. When there's absolutely no legal or medical reason for it. 

They're making us share our medical records with complete, unqualified strangers who have no business looking at anything on my phone, never mind my medical history. 

We're required to show 'photo ID' before getting into the ground. I didn't realise that was now the law in Scotland. 

Now, I realise that we're not being held in cells and waterboarded, but as far as 21st century Scotland goes that's pretty damn much an abuse of my civil liberties. 

I also realise that these rules are set not by the club, but by the most useless district council in the western world.  I also get ti that Aberdeen FC as a private business are entitled to set their own standards for entry. 

But I'm pretty stunned at how many people are unquestioningly going along with this prejudicial nonsense. I'm interested to see what will happen after 9th August when 'restrictions are lifted (hahaha)' but individual councils and clubs decide to keep on applying them anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

They're making us wear face masks. Outdoors. When there's absolutely no legal or medical reason for it. 

They're making us share our medical records with complete, unqualified strangers who have no business looking at anything on my phone, never mind my medical history. 

We're required to show 'photo ID' before getting into the ground. I didn't realise that was now the law in Scotland. 

Now, I realise that we're not being held in cells and waterboarded, but as far as 21st century Scotland goes that's pretty damn much an abuse of my civil liberties. 

I also realise that these rules are set not by the club, but by the most useless district council in the western world.  I also get ti that Aberdeen FC as a private business are entitled to set their own standards for entry. 

But I'm pretty stunned at how many people are unquestioningly going along with this prejudicial nonsense. I'm interested to see what will happen after 9th August when 'restrictions are lifted (hahaha)' but individual councils and clubs decide to keep on applying them anyway. 

They’re not making you go to the game.  If you choose to do so you need to comply with the regulations they are setting down for admission.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They’re not making you go to the game.  If you choose to do so you need to comply with the regulations they are setting down for admission.

Maybe you didn't read my full post. I said that Aberdeen are entitled to make their own regulations for entry. 

Just as I'm entitled (at this moment in time) to point out that many of these regulations have no legal or medical basis, and are in fact utter shite. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A few months ago folk were saying they were willing to do pretty much anything short of murder to go to a game 🤷🏻‍♂️

We're not sharing medical records, are we? We're just confirming that there's a high chance we don't have the virus. 

Shame about Hedges. Interesting that Glass is sticking with McCrorie at centre-back with Gallagher on the bench - maybe thinks having him there helps us with playing out from the back. Not hugely surprised to see Brown starting - think he will play pretty much every game he is physically able to this season. 

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist
Smith Edwards Reynolds Mulgrew  Robson
Harkes Butcher
Pawlett

Clark Shankland

(I was told Sporle was in the starting 11 drills yesterday, so either he’s in for Robson or it’s duff info) 

Yup, spot on.

E7tNnKaWQAQ2LQT.jpeg.thumb.jpg.dd3823a3379d7e4c36a23aa04d260f37.jpg

ETA: Grim.

Edited by captainkev

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist
Smith Edwards Reynolds Mulgrew  Robson
Harkes Butcher
Pawlett

Clark Shankland

(I was told Sporle was in the starting 11 drills yesterday, so either he’s in for Robson or it’s duff info) 

Bang on. FFS.

Very difficult to see how that team passes the ball well enough to have a serious chance of winning the game. Very, very conservative.

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Shame about Hedges. Interesting that Glass is sticking with McCrorie at centre-back with Gallagher on the bench - maybe thinks having him there helps us with playing out from the back. Not hugely surprised to see Brown starting - think he will play pretty much every game he is physically able to this season. 

Will be a mistake if Brown plays every game.

Kennedy must be away.

14 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Yup, spot on.

E7tNnKaWQAQ2LQT.jpeg.thumb.jpg.dd3823a3379d7e4c36a23aa04d260f37.jpg

Yip, I see a low scoring game. On our part anyway.

Fucking boo!

ETA did we not sack Mellon for not playing the youths then hire the analyst to play open, attacking football with the young lads? I dont see any young lads in the starting eleven, I see the team that played last season. Hmm.

Edited by mishtergrolsch