Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Siegrist 

Butcher  Edwards  Mulgrew

Freeman     Fuchs     Mochrie     Robson

Chalmers                 

Shankland        Clark

3-0 Aberdeen at a complete canter. Scott Brown absolutely bossing the entire show with one hand tied behind his back and the other hand smashing people in the face and going unpunished.

Shankland to not bother coming out in the second half and Mochrie to look like a lost wee boy.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Siegrist 

Butcher  Edwards  Mulgrew

Freeman     Fuchs     Mochrie     Robson

Chalmers                 

Shankland        Clark

3-0 Aberdeen at a complete canter. Scott Brown absolutely bossing the entire show with one hand tied behind his back and the other hand smashing people in the face and going unpunished.

Shankland to not bother coming out in the second half and Mochrie to look like a lost wee boy.

That’s probably the best line up and formation we could go with.  Instead we will be as defensive as hell inviting Aberdeenon to us.

Small sample size obviously, but if Utd come out of the blocks quickly then I can see them causing us real problems early doors. Once we grow in to it I'd expect us to boss the possession but look susceptible to the counter.

I think the worse thing Utd could do is sit back and invite us on to them.

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Small sample size obviously, but if Utd come out of the blocks quickly then I can see them causing us real problems early doors. Once we grow in to it I'd expect us to boss the possession but look susceptible to the counter.

279979628_tenor(5).gif.37c0f8328b6a01fc865b6aaef51b0fc1.gif

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The team were ragged and all over the place against Häcken in the first 10/15 of both legs.  Hopefully there isn't a lingering problem getting started in games, given the first goal tends to be important (or in this case of this fixture, any goal would be pleasant change!).

United got us immediately after the Sociedad efforts, Kairat away and the Livi/Celtic matches earlier this year - the only time the team handled it well was after coming all the way back from the match 100 miles from the Chinese border.  The others were ugly outcomes, as was the Motherwell game right after Stavanger last year - hopefully none of that tired $hite this time, but they hardly gave themselves a relaxing stroll last night.

28 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The team were ragged and all over the place against Häcken in the first 10/15 of both legs.  Hopefully there isn't a lingering problem getting started in games, given the first goal tends to be important (or in this case of this fixture, any goal would be pleasant change!).

United got us immediately after the Sociedad efforts, Kairat away and the Livi/Celtic matches earlier this year - the only time the team handled it well was after coming all the way back from the match 100 miles from the Chinese border.  The others were ugly outcomes, as was the Motherwell game right after Stavanger last year - hopefully none of that tired $hite this time, but they hardly gave themselves a relaxing stroll last night.

Yeah, how we started both games is a concern.

We absolutely stole that win v Utd with a ridiculous fluke goal.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The team playing the first 15 minutes on Sunday like they'd actually met each other before would be handy. 

As pointed out, if I was the Yinited boss I'd be chucking players forward from the off. 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not enjoying the pessimism from the Arabs 

Stop it 

The manager has no experience at this level, we’re letting players go and bringing far fewer in and some of our players could not play extra tIme in an evening cup game because it would take them past their bed time.

Why should we be pessimistic?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

The manager has no experience at this level, we’re letting players go and bringing far fewer in and some of our players could not play extra tIme in an evening cup game because it would take them past their bed time.

Why should we be pessimistic?

Some of the players aren't allowed to start evening games because its past their bed times.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Some of the players aren't allowed to start evening games because its past their bed times.

That’s an exaggeration and you know it!

If the season doesn’t turn out as shit as I think it will then that will no make me happy but it will make me relieved.  I genuinely fear the worst.

On 30/07/2021 at 08:32, Jacksgranda said:

I hope Glass has learned from the Scottish Cup debacle last season, but I get the feeling he has a bit of tunnel vision.

It's more 'chuckle vision' vibes I get when I see Stephen Glass, tbh. 

I think it would be understandable if Glass shuffled his pack a little for this one, not exactly prioritising Thursday but with a line up on Sunday with Thursday in mind.

The Breidablik match will be worth a lot of coin to the club under normal circumstances but could potentially earn a lot more money if we're successful in Q3 and the draw for the PO falls a certain way.

Therefore, I'd be keen to allow Brown to focus his playing energies for Thursday. We have cover in his position and I think we should utilise that on Sunday. Perhaps give McGeouch an opportunity to impress or, if he's moving out of the club by the end of August, then we could have Ojo, Campbell or McCrorie sitting in.

I'd like to see McGinn  get a run on Sunday, see how he links up with Ramirez and then look to replace Ramirez with JET later on in the game if the latter was fit. Ramirez doesn't look quite ready for the full 90 minutes yet.

I would certainly be keen to ensure JET was 100% fit for Thursday so if that meant Michael Ruth (if he's still with us still and not at Falkirk yet?) replacing Ramirez then I wouldn't have an issue with that.

Gallagher should, and I think, will come in for the full match and has to start on Thursday too. That probably means McCrorie taking over the Ojo role that he's played reasonably successfully against Hacken (a couple of sitters in each game aside). if McCrorie takes Brown's role then I'd like to see Jenks play from the start to see what he can do, although he struggled to influence the match when he came on in Sweden.

I'd have Hayes starting on the subs bench and MacKenzie starting in his place on Sunday too. And start with Ramsey but with the intention of giving Gurr 30 minutes. Gurr looks like a handy addition to the squad.

Hopefully Darren Mowbray is busy identifying a centre-half and another striker as a priority because we really require options in both positions. The third striker in particular needs addressed ASAP.

We could put out a fully rotated team that wouldn't be completely hopeless if Devlin is fit/exists. 

Woods

Gurr.   Devlin. Gallagher.    McKenzie

Kennedy Campbell Mcgeough McGinn 

Jenks

McLennan 

Could put Virtanen in for Campbell if he's still injured and still have Ngwenya, Ruth and Duncan. 

Obviously not suggesting that we should do this. Does emphasise that we're short at centre back and striker though.