Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Know what, that may well be his last game if we're close to, of not, cut adrift at the bottom and then get pumped in the Derby. Might almost he worth it for the long term future of United tbh.

Get this buzzword chump tae f**k. Id literally take Yogi or Elvis instead of him. Christ, id even have Jobby McCall over him.

I understand some things can be said in the heat of the moment, but this sort of shit (I see what I did there) should see you fired into the sun with Tam and Fat Tony.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's your opinion bud, and I have mine. 

I don't like these regulations for various reasons. The main one (outside the fact that I hate showing some nobody details on my phone and photo ID) is that they're completely arbitrary, and have little or no legal or medical basis.

Secondly, the rules being applied are not consistent. There were no masks at any other ground aside from Pittodrie, and little social distancing anywhere else. I'm not sure about the LFT tests or photo ID, but I haven't heard that apply anywhere else. If you're going to have specific rules that apply only to football games, make them consistent country-wide, or forget about them completely. 

I'll go along with it to watch my team, but unlike you I'm not 'comfortable' with it. That's all. 

I totally agree that the rules should be the same throughout, but unfortunately these regulations are controlled by local councils and all have different views. Aberdeen could have had 2000 fans in with no, or very little, rules governing the fans in the ground. But to get the maximum number of fans into the ground as possible, which most people would see as “a good thing”, they had to kowtow to what the council wanted to put in place. This will not continue.

31 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I understand some things can be said in the heat of the moment, but this sort of shit (I see what I did there) should see you fired into the sun with Tam and Fat Tony.

As unpalatable as it would be, if it was a straightforward choice between McCall and Courts I reckon the former would be a better option; marginally.

I think that is an indication of how bad things are.

44 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Calvin Ramsay is receiving the plaudits and rightly so, particularly for his assist for the Ramirez goal but I think Jack McKenzie has the potential to be an excellent left-back.

Hopefully, Hayes can be utilised mostly now in an attacking sense as I think he's far more effective in this role. He might've been fine for Celtic at left-back but he would have had less work to do defensively there...

We looked a lot more solid with MacKenzie at the back. 

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We looked a lot more solid with MacKenzie at the back. 

Absolutely. I'm constantly amazed by how little importance some managers place in good full backs. Defences always look for more solid and balanced with two good full backs.

Even McInnes was like this to a degree (not nearly to the extent of McGhee though).

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Absolutely. I'm constantly amazed by how little importance some managers place in good full backs. Defences always look for more solid and balanced with two good full backs.

Even McInnes was like this to a degree (not nearly to the extent of McGhee though).

Aye. MacKenzie is a bit of a throwback too. He's like the classic fullback. Ramsay is the modern attacking version.

You can see how far youth coaching is coming along. Brown and Mulgrew aside, the players most comfortable receiving the ball under pressure were early twenties or younger.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. MacKenzie is a bit of a throwback too. He's like the classic fullback. Ramsay is the modern attacking version.

You can see how far youth coaching is coming along. Brown and Mulgrew aside, the players most comfortable receiving the ball under pressure were early twenties or younger.

Aye, and I liked how MacKenzie recognised that going forward is the part of his game he needs to work on. Both have bags of talent, and seem to have their heads screwed on. Both have just signed new deals, but personally I'd be getting both tied down to longer deals.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's really heartening to see two such young and talented players in a red shirt.  Makes it feel a bit like good old days.

It's an added bonus that they're in positions that we really needed to fill, and as pointed out above the full back position is very important these days. 

Get them signed up to Jim McLean-type 'commit your life to us' deals. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's really heartening to see two such young and talented players in a red shirt.  Makes it feel a bit like good old days.

It's an added bonus that they're in positions that we really needed to fill, and as pointed out above the full back position is very important these days. 

Get them signed up to Jim McLean-type 'commit your life to us' deals. 

Otherwise it will be end of contract Bosman transfers to Ibrox, as AFC seem to be developing more sevconians than Murray Park.

35 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Otherwise it will be end of contract Bosman transfers to Ibrox, as AFC seem to be developing more sevconians than Murray Park.

If Calvin's old man has anything to do with it, he will not be heading to Rangers, ever.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

The confidence Ramsay projects on the pitch for someone so young has the hallmarks of someone that's going to have an exciting career ahead.

MacKenzie and Ramsay have taken less than ten first team games to look like seasoned pros.

8 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I hope thats for Dandies-related reasons and not Celtic-related reasons...

100% Dandies reasons. His old man bleeds, well red! Haha. Ramsay senior was a decent Junior player, and old friend of mine. A nice family.

Just now, johnnydun said:

100% Dandies reasons. His old man bleeds, well red! Haha. Ramsay senior was a decent Junior player, and old friend of mine. A nice family.

👍 good man. hope his wee man is similarly inclined. Certainly gives Deano Campbell extra credit with some supporters!