Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Oh they have. 1 of the directors recently pulled the plug on his 50k share of a 100k signing because Ashgar refused to give up his 50% share of the transfer if and when the player gets sold on. Good times. 

Im gonna stick that in the pile of 'things that never happened'

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A very good, controlled performance without being spectacular. The lack of hedges probably prevented us from creating more. 

^This.

A  lovely relaxing Sunday afternoon; another 90 mins in the tank ,clean sheet and no new injuries to speak of before heading to Iceland.

Utd :

LS2.png.8c7244545323562800ff3facf5518dbd.png

40 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Hes like a character from W1A, a blue sky thinker.

He should be cast into the Business / Corporate Speak thread imo. 

It’s like he’s studied Brendan Rodgers, discarded the good bits like the football brain, the coaching ability, the tactical astuteness and concentrated instead on emulating his propensity for David Brent-esque business speak bullshit. Like he uses big words and technical language to make himself sound intelligent, which only succeeds in making him sound thick. 

26 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

That muppet of a Dundee Utd manager reckons Dundee Utd “hemmed Aberdeen in for the last 30 minutes”.

Delusional.

Gone by November. .

The thing is he won’t be.

Maybe more of a discussion for the main United thread, but whereas in the past I would have been confident of a really shit manager being binned I don’t think that will happen with Courts.  For it to happen Ashgar will need to admit he has fucked up and he won’t.

That was awful. Aberdeen looked no better today than they were last season. We, meanwhile, looked like a Micky Mellon team but without the hard work and fight. 

Harsh to call for the manager's head after one defeat but I just can't see what he brings to the club. No experience as a player, no experience as a manager at a serious level, nothing novel about the set up of his team and nothing interesting to say for himself. It's just bizarre.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

That muppet of a Dundee Utd manager reckons Dundee Utd “hemmed Aberdeen in for the last 30 minutes”.

Delusional.

Gone by November. .

Looks like he's a puppet for those In charge. Why else would you give the job to someone with no real experience. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
45 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That was awful. Aberdeen looked no better today than they were last season. We, meanwhile, looked like a Micky Mellon team but without the hard work and fight. 

Harsh to call for the manager's head after one defeat but I just can't see what he brings to the club. No experience as a player, no experience as a manager at a serious level, nothing novel about the set up of his team and nothing interesting to say for himself. It's just bizarre.

That's obviously not true. We weren't exceptional but we were light years away from the dross of last season. 

12 months ago that would have been the 0-0 that United were desperate for. Today we didn't even have to get out of 2nd gear and yet we won at an absolute canter.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

“We are a very fluid club in terms of how communication flows, so I have a very good understanding of the signing targets and their profiles.

Tam Courts said that a few weeks back. I mean, who the f**k talks like that?

th?id=OIP.rJJHI-BDpg5orWkZIkPUKAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=321&h=181

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's obviously not true. We weren't exceptional but we were light years away from the dross of last season. 

12 months ago that would have been the 0-0 that United were desperate for. Today we didn't even have to get out of 2nd gear and yet we won at an absolute canter.

Nah. Aberdeen were blunt and predictable, just like last season. Unlike last season we didn't have any dig whatsoever. That was the difference.

You can only beat what's in front of you though. Maybe Aberdeen were content to win without playing well. I certainly wouldn't worry about it.