Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Guest Bob Mahelp

The cup game aside which was an abberation,  the biggest problem we had with Yinited last season was that they figured out our Plan A very quickly....about an hour before the game started....and we had absolutely no Plan B. 

I suppose that wasn't unique to Arab games last season. 

This is the first real test of Glass's side, given that Hacken stood back and watched us last Thursday. Glass obviously wants to play a high tempo game....it remains to be seen how we'll handle things when we don't score quickly or we concede first. 

After we absolutely battered them 0-0 for 45 minutes at Tannadice the games against United last season were horrible affairs. 

I don’t quite trust that the hacken performance will translate to domestic football yet so if we can put in a performance here I might get a little excited about our season. 

Siegrist 

K.Smith   Edwards    Mulgrew

L.Smith      Fuchs.     Butcher.     Robson

Chalmers                 Clark

Shankland

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Siegrist 

Shankland

Probably about right, but expect Pawlett will start in front of Chalmers 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

After we absolutely battered them 0-0 for 45 minutes at Tannadice the games against United last season were horrible affairs. 

I don’t quite trust that the hacken performance will translate to domestic football yet so if we can put in a performance here I might get a little excited about our season. 

Aye. 0-0 and the United chance at the end papered over the fact we should have had that win sealed in the first half. the Shankland handball on the line still annoys me tbh.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Aye. 0-0 and the United chance at the end papered over the fact we should have had that win sealed in the first half. the Shankland handball on the line still annoys me tbh.

Should’ve known when that pen wasn’t given that we’d never score against the c***s again tbh. 

Think the wee injury prone *** missed a couple of sitters too. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Should’ve known when that pen wasn’t given that we’d never score against the c***s again tbh. 

Think the wee injury prone *** missed a couple of sitters too. 

Hahaha.

The handball was annoying as it's like most of these 'new' rules. Refs stick to them rigidly for a few months then they are just ignored. We got away with one against Motherwell after Christmas which was much more of a penalty than the one given to them in the first game. The one we didn't get against St Mirren would have been given in the first couple of months too.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Siegrist 

Shankland

That shows Clark being played out of position I don’t think that… oh, wait…

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Siegrist 

Shankland

Prediction or the team you'd go with?

I think that's pretty close to how we'll line up. I'd have Freeman in for Smith and Mochrie in for Butcher (or Pawlett in for Butcher and Mochrie in for Clark). Butcher and Fuchs together doesn't work in the middle and if we're going to try to pass the ball then we need guys who are comfortable on the ball. In the longer I'd be hoping to have both Mochrie and another creative player in there. Maybe Meekison alongside Fuchs and Mochrie in the front three.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Prediction or the team you'd go with?

I think that's pretty close to how we'll line up. I'd have Freeman in for Smith and Mochrie in for Butcher (or Pawlett in for Butcher and Mochrie in for Clark). Butcher and Fuchs together doesn't work in the middle and if we're going to try to pass the ball then we need guys who are comfortable on the ball. In the longer I'd be hoping to have both Mochrie and another creative player in there. Maybe Meekison alongside Fuchs and Mochrie in the front three.

Semi informed prediction. Don't disagree with your points at all. I'm fairly convinced that Courts will prefer Butcher at CH. Probably give K.Smith an hour and drop Butcher back and bring Mochrie on. 

8 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Siegrist 

Shankland

Freeman deserves a start ahead of Liam Smith and wouldn’t be shocked if Butcher is right sided central defender with the invisible Ian Harkes in midfield. With Appere and Sporle still injured we will be very light on attacking options from the bench unless the club shock us with a double signing on admin Friday. 

Now that European next round qualification is out of the way we can look forward to this now. I would imagine that Gallagher will come in with McCrorie moving forward. McKenzie May come in at left back with Hayes moving forward. Although we scored 5 last week, last season’s problem, missing easy chances, came back in with a vengeance tonight, but involving completely different players. So long as Emmanuel-Thomas can play, Ramirez and him will start, but I think that Scott Brown will be left out with next Thursday’s match in mind. Lewis,   McKenzie, Gallagher, Considine, Ramsay,   Ferguson, McCrorie,  Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes,   Ramirez.