Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s only the bloody match thread

We were awful against this mob last season 

Some wrongs needed put right ffs

Well done in starting the thread.  I hope we win but I have my doubts.  Aberdeen to get 6,305 fans in according to the BBC, I’ll be contributing to your coffers through the PPV.

Guest Bob Mahelp
32 minutes ago, betting competition said:

This queue system is fucking shite. 

Got through in 10 minutes, brief purchased. Or ordered, costs zilch of course.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

It's a bit odd that AFC are asking for negative LFT results for this game, when none of the other SPFL clubs seem to be.  Rangers have 23,000 and they don't seem to be asking for it. The extra check was probably part of the reason the queues got so long on Thursday.  Three possibilities I reckon:

• the council are being extra cautious
  • AFC kept it in to make the case as strong as possible
  • they aren't required but AFC forgot to update the website

5 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

It's a bit odd that AFC are asking for negative LFT results for this game, when none of the other SPFL clubs seem to be.  Rangers have 23,000 and they don't seem to be asking for it. The extra check was probably part of the reason the queues got so long on Thursday.  Three possibilities I reckon:

• the council are being extra cautious
  • AFC kept it in to make the case as strong as possible
  • they aren't required but AFC forgot to update the website

ACC are a joke.

Masks at an outdoor event? Why?

Are the other councils insisting on it?

The discrepancies in the percentages councils are allowing & the different levels of nonsensical rules needs explaining. 

Roll on Aug 9th when hopefully the clubs don’t have to deal with bureaucratic c***s who set football higher standards of safety than anyone else. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Roll on Aug 9th when hopefully the clubs don’t have to deal with bureaucratic c***s who set football higher standards of safety than anyone else. 

It's hard to believe that in 2 short weeks, all restrictions will be lifted and going to the fitba will be like it was before. 

I suspect that we're going to be heading into a 'we're now restriction free, as long as you adhere to the following rules' scenario, where the Scottish government will pass responsibility for large crowd events to local authorities. 

The rules for football will/may include - face masks, proof of vaccination, LFT tests, reduced crowds, social distancing - or a combination of all or some of the above. 

I hope not, but given that on the 1st August football fans HAVE to wear facemasks to sit outside for 90 minutes, who knows what other madness will be insisted on ?

Surely we are due a result against this lot?

Last season from memory.

Should have won the first Tannadice game comfortably, but United keeper had a blinder and they had a good breakaway chance to win it near the end.

New Year game at Pittodrie - again, played well first half, but United much better in second - another goalless draw though.

Third game was Tannadice under Sheerin - fairly drab game and lost in the second half after a mistake from young Jack McKenzie, who had otherwise showed up very well.

Then there was the cup aberration at Pittodrie - a performance so bad that all sorts of doubts about Glass were thrown up - the only surprise here was that we only lost 3-0. Glass reckoned the players were not physically and mentally fit enough to handle three intense games (Livi aet pens, Celtic and this one) in the space of 8 days and vowed to sort it out.

An easy stress free/injury free 90 in Sweden on Thursday may help then.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Should have won the first Tannadice game comfortably, but United keeper had a blinder and they had a good breakaway chance to win it near the end.

A wee bit unfair on Lawrence Shankland here, as he also made a good save during that match.

25 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

521938300_2021-07-2722_32_36-CraigMoironTwitter__OHFFSwelcomebacktoScottishfitba!https___t.co_l.jpg.74aea86df8f8f9d96b37e7f6d9ffb005.jpg2082857126_download(10).gif.4f6e0483c8e8081cb04054f85cfe3a46.gif

This just reminds me of the reason I go to the football. It's not for the football.