Elgin City 2021-22

It’s very early and there may well be a lot of recruitment work being done behind the scenes but have to agree with Macca. At this moment in time I’d take 9th in the blink of an eye.

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

Hate being so negative before pre season has even started but I will be amazed if we are not in a relegation battle this season. Top scorer gone who we wont be able to replace to anywhere near that standard, not even a hint of a signing and the majority of last seasons squad who aren't good enough signed on again. 

Get the feeling its going to be the usual last minute loan signings from Caley/county/Aberdeen who are never any better than what we have.

Worrying times

Registrations possible from Wednesday 14th so hopefully you see some movement thereafter.

Hester will be incredibly difficult to replace as you say and loans aren't what you ideally want but possibly Matthew Wright from County could be a candidate? I know he's been out to Mo and Falkirk in L1 last season but you might be able swing something. Couple of the Buckie lads are worth a look at but you'll be wanting SPFL experience players to push you into playoff contention.

We have a skeleton squad right now. Vigurs as I've said willl be a target of Drapers. Probably negotiating his way out of Cove as we speak I'd imagine. He'd be an asset. There aren't many/any players we currently have on our books that you would want. Our young keeper, Balint Demus (21), who I've heard is a good prospect could be looking to leave. You have Hoban so not sure if GK is a priority.

Hopefully Draper pulls in the standard of player to have you challenging near the top.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Registrations possible from Wednesday 14th so hopefully you see some movement thereafter.

Hester will be incredibly difficult to replace as you say and loans aren't what you ideally want but possibly Matthew Wright from County could be a candidate? I know he's been out to Mo and Falkirk in L1 last season but you might be able swing something. Couple of the Buckie lads are worth a look at but you'll be wanting SPFL experience players to push you into playoff contention.

We have a skeleton squad right now. Vigurs as I've said willl be a target of Drapers. Probably negotiating his way out of Cove as we speak I'd imagine. He'd be an asset. There aren't many/any players we currently have on our books that you would want. Our young keeper, Balint Demus (21), who I've heard is a good prospect could be looking to leave. You have Hoban so not sure if GK is a priority.

Hopefully Draper pulls in the standard of player to have you challenging near the top.

We had Wright and McKinnon lined up last year but a last minute change of mind from County took them to Montrose so doubt they will be an option having already been at a higher level. HL players will be out of our price range as these clubs are difficult to negotiate with certainly at Buckie level. We have Mchale Hoban and Kelly signed at GK so well covered there. I would think they will try for Ethan Cairns at ICT as his brother is with us and maybe Liam Harvey at Aberdeen who is an Elgin loon.🤔

7 hours ago, 1993 said:

We had Wright and McKinnon lined up last year but a last minute change of mind from County took them to Montrose so doubt they will be an option having already been at a higher level. HL players will be out of our price range as these clubs are difficult to negotiate with certainly at Buckie level. We have Mchale Hoban and Kelly signed at GK so well covered there. I would think they will try for Ethan Cairns at ICT as his brother is with us and maybe Liam Harvey at Aberdeen who is an Elgin loon.🤔

Would like to see Liam Harvey come in, seems an obvious loan for all parties. I believe Ross Draper is on a 2 week holiday the moment and the team are back for pre season train on Thursday. Hopefully a lot of work is going on behind the scenes, or as above I really fear for this season.

Edited by Super Elgin City