Elgin City 2021-22

Do players get the jail for this?  Only ones I can remember getting time were the Pakistani cricketers that were bowling no balls to order. When the footballers were kicking the ball out the park at the kick off it was a big joke.  West Ham and Southampton spring to mind.

There was no evidence to prove he agreed to deliberately receive a booking from Day 1. Accepting £2500 from friends as they had placed a bet on him being booked is not a crime.. 

Jury taking less than an hour to return verdict tells you everything, he was never getting a guilty verdict, total waste of public funds.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Dodged a bullet their Kane!!

Sums up the justice system in this country,he admits to the crime and nothing happens.

He never admitted to the crime, only his mates giving him money from a bet they won on him getting booked.

56 minutes ago, Carse of Gowrie Saint said:

There was no evidence to prove he agreed to deliberately receive a booking from Day 1. Accepting £2500 from friends as they had placed a bet on him being booked is not a crime.. 

Jury taking less than an hour to return verdict tells you everything, he was never getting a guilty verdict, total waste of public funds.

Absolutely 

Don’t think SFA can do anything to him but there are about 6 other players at Elgin and several others in Scotland who have been caught betting on matches and are due bans. I think SFA have had to wait for the outcome of the trial in case their actions prejudiced the trial. 

I would be surprised if the SFA, at the very least don’t look at this further given the nature of the allegation.  I suspect they already have given it potentially involves other players as some have already mentioned.

To prove a criminal charge the Crown are required to present evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt which is rightly a high threshold to meet.  

On this occasion it appears the Crown couldn’t sway the jury, or enough of them and that comes down to how well the Crown did their job.  

Reading between the lines, it appears the jury thought that he was ‘probably guilty’ but the ‘Not Proven’ verdict is a half way house available to them and not at all a satisfactory outcome.  Juries at the end of the day are notoriously fickle.

The SFA will most likely not need that burden of proof and may work on the balance of ‘probability’ which is a lower standard to establish wrongdoing.  

12 hours ago, Carse of Gowrie Saint said:

:lol:

I'm forever giving my mates money from my bets just out of the goodness of my heart, especially 2 fucking grand. Just because it's a difficult thing to prove doesn't mean it shouldn't have gone through the courts. He's a lucky, lucky boy.

8 hours ago, Tonystenny said:

I would be surprised if the SFA, at the very least don’t look at this further given the nature of the allegation.  I suspect they already have given it potentially involves other players as some have already mentioned.

To prove a criminal charge the Crown are required to present evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt which is rightly a high threshold to meet.  

On this occasion it appears the Crown couldn’t sway the jury, or enough of them and that comes down to how well the Crown did their job.  

Reading between the lines, it appears the jury thought that he was ‘probably guilty’ but the ‘Not Proven’ verdict is a half way house available to them and not at all a satisfactory outcome.  Juries at the end of the day are notoriously fickle.

The SFA will most likely not need that burden of proof and may work on the balance of ‘probability’ which is a lower standard to establish wrongdoing.  

The other players were not involved in this case. They are your big standard betting on matches which players are not allowed to.

You of course are correct about the burden of proof but I would think it would be a legal minefield with the criminal not proven, which as you say is not a not guilty.

Fine, but if Hester  gets taken short for a piss at Annan and does a skoosher on one of the penalty spots, resulting in multiple new millionaire creation, I for one will have my suspicions. 

Edited by WC Boggs
typos

You would think with KH telling the police "I know what you are here for"when they raided his home would be enough to convict him.Plus the fact he was going to entertain  his pals he might get booked V Hibs.The biggest farce of it all his him saying he is an "Aggressive player" just lie after lie.

But well done to him and his pals played a blinder indeed.

On 07/03/2023 at 15:34, searchers1963 said:

How is Mitch Taylor getting on at Elgin. Reading the last few posts things aren't going well lately

He is mince. Fast, strong, cant't put in a cross tho. Definitely not better than what we already had.