Elgin City 2021-22

12 hours ago, mo83 said:

Ah I see never heard anything either and certainly not been anything in the paper.

This is up on the Beeb, and doesn't make for fantastic reading. It's so disappointing, and he'll get lumped with a lengthy ban for it I'd imagine. And rightly so too.

Hester is a fantastic player, I spoke to him after he ripped us to shreds the other week and he was a really nice lad too. Humble for someone who is that good. Can't really feel anything other than a fair bit of sadness reading that he got involved with something as daft as this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-64863533.amp

43 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This is up on the Beeb, and doesn't make for fantastic reading. It's so disappointing, and he'll get lumped with a lengthy ban for it I'd imagine. And rightly so too.

Hester is a fantastic player, I spoke to him after he ripped us to shreds the other week and he was a really nice lad too. Humble for someone who is that good. Can't really feel anything other than a fair bit of sadness reading that he got involved with something as daft as this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-64863533.amp

Reading that he will get a huge ban from the SFA. Does not look at all good for him.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye it doesn't look good for the lad, basically admits to it to the police but then his pals are still saying not guilty....Weird Behaviour 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hmm, it’s inevitable, but is it really the right thing? Not for me.

Its an unbelievably stupid thing to do, but I find it hard to have too much sympathy for Bet 365, even though I know that’s not really the point of the case. A company that essentially prey on ruining people’s lives (sometimes ending them) and pay their CEO £200m+ per year.

I don’t think a career-ending ban is proportionate punishment.

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

And there was me thinking the dodgiest decision in that game was Douglas Ross ruling out a perfectly good Hibs goal for offside...

I'm sure I remember the tackle in question and he was lucky he didn't get sent off for it.

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Hmm, it’s inevitable, but is it really the right thing? Not for me.

Its an unbelievably stupid thing to do, but I find it hard to have too much sympathy for Bet 365, even though I know that’s not really the point of the case. A company that essentially prey on ruining people’s lives (sometimes ending them) and pay their CEO £200m+ per year.

I don’t think a career-ending ban is proportionate punishment.

Career being over needs to be a basic consequence for stuff like this otherwise match fixing becomes an appealing option to stupid wee fanny footballers. Hester is an idiot and will deserve all he gets from this. He could be playing full time football in the Championship earning more than the 15 grand he stole but now he'll be off to Burger King or a building site. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Career being over needs to be a basic consequence for stuff like this otherwise match fixing becomes an appealing option to stupid wee fanny footballers. Hester is an idiot and will deserve all he gets from this. He could be playing full time football in the Championship earning more than the 15 grand he stole but now he'll be off to Burger King or a building site. 

I don’t think so on all of your points.

16 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/courts/4207654/hester-booking-fraud-trial/

Do not think the jury will buy the theory that he got booked because he is an aggressive player.

Or that although he was aware his friends had placed a bet on him being booked and that they would give him money, he never then deliberately got booked..............