Elgin City 2021-22

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Interesting to see you say central midfielder, is that your take or did the club say that on the announcement? When he's played for us at under-21 level, in the reserves and his very brief first team appearances he's played as a forward - either up top in a two, in the hole behind one or two out and out strikers or in a wide attacking role (although very much not a winger).

I think I got it from Transfermarkt, otherwise I quite possibly made it up. Thanks for the info!

A manager out of ideas, a squad stale and out of ideas. Our best player/goalscorer possibly played his last game for the club. Are the board not seeing any of this? I genuinely try and stay positive and try and see the bigger picture but there is only one place we are heading if nothing changes....wick away on a cold Wednesday night

3 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

A manager out of ideas, a squad stale and out of ideas. Our best player/goalscorer possibly played his last game for the club. Are the board not seeing any of this? I genuinely try and stay positive and try and see the bigger picture but there is only one place we are heading if nothing changes....wick away on a cold Wednesday night

It is depressing to watch. Especially at BB. That last 2 games against Stranraer & Bonnyrigg are possibly 2 of the worst games i have ever seen. Awful. Just long looping hopeful punts up the park the whole game.

6 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

Kane Hester.....Offski?

14 hours ago, elginer said:

Kane’s court case called today in Dundee Sheriff court but no idea of the outcome. Probably put back again!

Ah I see never heard anything either and certainly not been anything in the paper.

On 06/03/2023 at 10:37, 1993 said:

When you, say are the board not seeing this, what do you think the solution is?

They gave the manager a new contract when the rot had already set in. I found this very bizarre. Gavin seems a top guy and his dedication to the club has been exceptional but I think everyone can see its needing a fresh input now. If we stay up and they let him carry on next season and he turns things around ill be the first to hold my hands up and get behind him but I genuinely believe we are miles off that and we will be fighting relegation next season if nothing changes. 

I’m sure shane is still injured and possibly for a while with anterior cruciate ligament injury unless he’s recovering at a good rate but maybe Inverness might let him out on loan once he starts to get fit again and get some game time I’m sure they’d want to keep him though unless they get someone else in

He won't play again this season I've been told.  He'll have just been at a local-ish game given we were in Ayr.

He was our best player last season IMO.  The chances of him signing for Elgin are probably zero.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He won't play again this season I've been told.  He'll have just been at a local-ish game given we were in Ayr.

He was our best player last season IMO.  The chances of him signing for Elgin are probably zero.

We’ll see.

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Antoniazzi away to Banks o' Dee permanently. What a waste. 

I was pleased when we signed him remembering him from his Cove days but had his chance at Elgin and never looked like taking it.