Elgin City 2021-22

20 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

He’s been steady enough. Is battling with Lewis Nicholson of ICT for left back role and is 50/50 between them.

Hes highly regarded with us and has looked good on his few appearances.  Good that hes got competition for a place though exactly what he needs.

Great performance, albeit with the caveat that Peterhead were really poor. Hester bullied McDonald and I was really impressed with Nicholson, his delivery looks fantastic. Also think there is a player in Lawrence, still young but with time I think he could be really decent.

As for Peterhead, I was surprised to see Wilson playing right wing-back, he really didn't look comfortable there and likewise not sure O'Keefe is suited to playing up front.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A real game of two halves yesterday. Hester had their defence on toast the whole first half and it looked like a case of how many come full time. I should've known better as Elgin love to throw away comfortable leads and as soon as Bonnyrigg came flying out the traps in the second half we sat in and let them onto us. Fair play as we got the job done but I think better opposition might've taken at least a point from that situation. A new ground to visit and an interesting one at that so a good day overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Great result! Last week was awful but after a performance like that you hope for a reaction - seems to have happened! We are so unpredictable as to how we will perform each week but we are 3rd in the league. That is far higher up than I expected us to be! Hope we can get a few results on the bounce and stay in the top half of the league!

What a great win that was at a place that is always tough to go and get anything from! What a strange league it's been this season. On the whole I feel we have actually been poor this season and was genuinely worried for a while about the trap door with Hester digging us out more often than not but to be sitting 3rd we will take that all day! Just hope we can find some consistency now and put a wee run together as everyone seems beatable.