Elgin City 2021-22

How was Towler for you lads? Just joined us on a season long loan.

What are his strengths and weaknesses? Is he ready for Championship level football?

Sounds highly promising from the Aberdeen camp and from what Draper has been quoted saying in the paper. Best 17 year old he's ever seen

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

How was Towler for you lads? Just joined us on a season long loan.

What are his strengths and weaknesses? Is he ready for Championship level football?

Sounds highly promising from the Aberdeen camp and from what Draper has been quoted saying in the paper. Best 17 year old he's ever seen

Played at left back for Elgin, but also saw him play the second half of the Buckie-Aberdeen game a couple of weeks back at centre back. Very composed on the ball & uses it well. Physically strong for a youngster, & didn't appear to let older pros fluster or intimidate him. Good energy & workrate, & drove forward well from left back. Seemed to have a good sense of when to sit in, with good positional sense, & when to go forward. Looks to be a good next step for his development, & should be a good addition for you I'd expect. Didn't Ross Graham follow the same pathway, & he's doing alright for himself?!

16 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Aye, would have loved to be there but I've been struck down with covid. A great player that has stuck by the club through thick and thin, and one of the soundest guys you'll ever meet.

Pretty sure its available on PPV, so you can still watch it.

On 06/07/2022 at 09:48, Highland ITFC said:

Played at left back for Elgin, but also saw him play the second half of the Buckie-Aberdeen game a couple of weeks back at centre back. Very composed on the ball & uses it well. Physically strong for a youngster, & didn't appear to let older pros fluster or intimidate him. Good energy & workrate, & drove forward well from left back. Seemed to have a good sense of when to sit in, with good positional sense, & when to go forward. Looks to be a good next step for his development, & should be a good addition for you I'd expect. Didn't Ross Graham follow the same pathway, & he's doing alright for himself?!

Sounds like he has all the attributes. Hopefully he settles in quick and impresses. We need a solid replacement for Harry.

Ross Graham was superb for us and excelled at Dundee United since. Fingers crossed Evan does the same.

• 2 weeks later...

An I alone in wondering if we will score nearly enough this season. Why is Hester so disinterested? Why no decent alternatives? Finn Allan has potential but not yet ready for Division 2. 

1 hour ago, iaint said:

An I alone in wondering if we will score nearly enough this season. Why is Hester so disinterested? Why no decent alternatives? Finn Allan has potential but not yet ready for Division 2. 

I've already said on here, and i don't mean to be repetitive/too negative but i do really worry about this season. Last season was very poor and i don't see much in the way of signings that changes anything. as you mention, if/when we lose Hester i don't know where our goals come from. I'll be delighted to be proven wrong but i believe we will be closer to the relegation play offs again than the promotion play offs.

Manager has said he is finding it difficult, as most teams are, recruiting from the usual market as a lot of Lowland and WOS sides are paying decent money for players. Hope he has got decent loans lined up or it’s going to be a big struggle. Without the loans I see us or Stranraer fighting it out for bottom.

Chuffed with our performance tonight, we were the better team in the first half and was hoping for more of the same but the second goal killed the contest there and then. If Hester was on top form it would have been a totally different game.

We lost our shape when Cairns came off and I can only assume Mcinnes is not a natural full back as he looked lost when he came on. Still, credit to the team for keeping going, we had their centre backs blowing out their arse towards the end.

I dreamt of nicking a draw tonight but we definitely didn't disgrace ourselves and 4 goals absolutely flattered St Johnstone.

On 19/07/2022 at 12:28, Elgin Macca said:

I've already said on here, and i don't mean to be repetitive/too negative but i do really worry about this season. Last season was very poor and i don't see much in the way of signings that changes anything. as you mention, if/when we lose Hester i don't know where our goals come from. I'll be delighted to be proven wrong but i believe we will be closer to the relegation play offs again than the promotion play offs.

Many on here will know I'm a fan of Hester as a player. He's someone I thought would have done very well for us and I still think he could even in the Championship.

Has he got 1 year left on his contract? If so, the worry must be he leaves on a free. Do Elgin keep him or cash in now if an offer comes in? 

This will be Hesters last season with us I would think. We won’t sell as we don’t have a replacement but don’t think there will be many takers with his court case hanging over him. No way is he Championship level. A one trick pony who any decent defender would handle with ease.

i see rory mcallister has told cove he can no longer compete in the championship for cove id be happy with him at city dont know about anyone elses opinions but we are a bit short on striker options supposidly peterhead and brechin are interested