Elgin City 2021-22

3 hours ago, cityloon said:

that might clear up the idiotic carry on from a small hospitality group at the game yesterday what a disgrace

😂 A good honest Elgin welcome.

Replies to that as well.

Expect Nicola Sturgeon at the next home game to personally police the hospitality.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

It's not the fans who are the problem, it's (mainly) the stupid young boys, often out on a works do in hospitality. Surely their employers if there should have words with them. Most of the time it's banter, but this time they were utter bellends.

A good all round performance by Elgin. Edinburgh, considering their position, were poor. Hoban was untroubled throughout the game. Peters played his best game in ages and deserved his goal. Might get a T-shirt made with 'I was there when Peters scored'. Mailer deserved MotM 

Considering we entered  March looking to play the top four teams, we can hold our heads high with just one defeat.

Must admit I was fearing the worst at the beginning of the last 4 fixtures but we have played well in all 4 to only lose one. Hopefully we can keep that going and end the season a couple of places higher and end on a positive note, also garner extra prize money.

Elgin should be safe now. I thought Brian Cameron was back to his best today. I could not believe how Edinburgh sat off us and allowed our back 4 unchallenged possession. Edinburgh did not seem interested and may struggle to stay in the top 4. Apart from Kelty the quality in this league this year has been poor but Elgin have to try and strengthen for next year as this squad will struggle again. Easier said than done though! 

1 hour ago, elginer said:

Elgin should be safe now. I thought Brian Cameron was back to his best today. I could not believe how Edinburgh sat off us and allowed our back 4 unchallenged possession. Edinburgh did not seem interested and may struggle to stay in the top 4. Apart from Kelty the quality in this league this year has been poor but Elgin have to try and strengthen for next year as this squad will struggle again. Easier said than done though! 

Tbh with Stenny and us going for 4th it's like two bald men fighting over a comb as neither team are likely to be troubling League 1 at the end of the day. 

Can't we just give 4th place to Stranraer? I don't mind them particularly... 

• 3 weeks later...

Think I would have a look at the players. It makes a big difference to the club financially whether they finish 7th 8th or 9th but not the players, they get paid all the same. As far as the were concerned there was nothing to play for.

Severe lack of quality unless addressed its going to be a real struggle next season.

Gavin Price out. That today was the final straw. Absolutely abysmal performance again. Clueless in all areas.
There needs to be a big clear out from top to bottom as there is no ambition just plodding along hoping we're not the worst team and getting relageted

I personally think the club is pretty vibrant. A thriving social club, youth academy and there seems to be a higher profile commercial activity. All this in comparison to what I see at the majority of clubs at this or even higher level.
It is too simplistic to say a clear out from top to bottom. Clear out for who? What Elgin need, like every other club at this level to get out of this league, is a major financial backer. If such a person/company out there exists, I’m sure that they would be welcomed. Without the investment we will find it difficult to attract that better quality player, which is more difficult for us, given our geography. We all want to move upwards but it’s easy to rant and rave after a shit performance/season.