Elgin City 2021-22

43 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

I agree, i believe he is as cupable as Price and i would imagine he probably has similar ideas. It seems to be the way we do it. Manager steps down and the assistant gets the job. Not sure how healthy that is too be honest. Sometimes the players need a new voice. That is 7 years Price has been at Elgin. 

Any idea why Price spent the whole game in the stand yesterday? Was he serving a suspension?

Well, we are certainly in big trouble now and we need a lift from somewhere. I agree in that I don't think sacking Price just now would make much difference as A) who is available? and B) Someone new coming in doesn't have much time at all to change things. We just have to pray we can dig a few wins from somewhere. I think whoever does finish bottom will struggle to come through the play offs. I think at the end of the season a change is needed though. Looking very stale and out of ideas on the pitch just now.

Well, we are certainly in big trouble now and we need a lift from somewhere. I agree in that I don't think sacking Price just now would make much difference as A) who is available? and B) Someone new coming in doesn't have much time at all to change things. We just have to pray we can dig a few wins from somewhere. I think whoever does finish bottom will struggle to come through the play offs. I think at the end of the season a change is needed though. Looking very stale and out of ideas on the pitch just now.

What’s happened to Hester? Surprised he didn’t start on Saturday and when he came on I thought “here we go again” but he didn’t seem interested.

4 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

What’s happened to Hester? Surprised he didn’t start on Saturday and when he came on I thought “here we go again” but he didn’t seem interested.

I believe he was carrying a knock. But since he has returned from injury he has not been the same. Although the total lack of service he receives it is no wonder he looks disinterested.

• 2 weeks later...

With Cowden losing last night they are now 10 points behind City, but with only one game in hand.

Surely City are (fairly) safe now, how likely is it that both Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath could close the gap(s)?

(Although if Rovers won both their games in hand it would put them above City.)

I don't see us getting much from our next couple of games so it'll be tight, you'd think we were safe but we never want to make things easy. I'd hope we were guaranteed to be safe by the time we play Cowden in April.

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

With Cowden losing last night they are now 10 points behind City, but with only one game in hand.

Surely City are (fairly) safe now, how likely is it that both Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath could close the gap(s)?

(Although if Rovers won both their games in hand it would put them above City.)

Elgin are safe. We aren't going to make up the 10 points.

https://www.elgincity.net/news/latest-news/ukraine-crisis

great gesture by the club and great price to go watch the game on saturday.

On 11/03/2022 at 17:57, Thom & Gerry said:

Jim Weir back as assistant till the end of the season! What has happened to Steven McKay and Alex Bone? Are the still assisting as well?

i think steven is training for his charity run dont know if thats why hes been missing so far but great to see jim back 

Hoban deserved his MotM although special mention should go out to Mailer and Dingwall. Sopel had a better game than usual. Hopefully McHardy's injury isn't serious. 

A big shout to the bellends in hospitality for the non stop abuse at the Kelty bench. Did think Kelty CB was going to jump the wall and lamp on of them  at the end of the game. Time to put a couple of stewards to monitor their behaviour. 

Ref was poor btw.

Edited by gordon9736

22 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Hoban deserved his MotM although special mention should go out to Mailer and Dingwall. Sopel had a better game than usual. Hopefully McHardy's injury isn't serious. 

A big shout to the bellends in hospitality for the non stop abuse at the Kelty bench. Did think Kelty CB was going to jump the wall and lamp on of them  at the end of the game. Time to put a couple of stewards to monitor their behaviour. 

Ref was poor btw.

a seen that at half time and didnt have a clue what was going on with that hospitality bunch also an incident in when a young kelty fan and young elgin fan was exchanging words and came face to face and the stewards were watching it then eventually split them up after watching it unfold without stopping the young elgin fan storming past them to the kelty fan bit embarrasing and pointless

Solid performance by Elgin and deserving a point against 'super' Kelty. Officials were very poor again, falling for Kelty's play acting, going down and rolling into a ball after the slightest touch, then up on their feet quickly after getting the free kick. Omar unlucky with 2 soft yellows brought on by over-reactions. Nothing between the teams and hard to believe they are so far apart in league standings. Sensible to take Kane off after his yellow card before being drawn into a second.