Elgin City 2021-22

Is £14 the normal price for Div Two now?

𝙉𝙀𝙓𝙏 𝙈𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃 Friday night football returns this week:  @ElginCityFC  @cinchuk League 2  Friday 27 Aug  19:45 KO  

Tickets available now via http://bit.ly/2VBRHkZ  Adults £14 / Cons £9 / u12s FREE with paid adult  

Cash gate on the night.

I've been to this fixture a couple of times prior to lockdown but maybe wait until its back at Meadowbank. 
How many are likely to make the trip on a Friday night?

22 minutes ago, Eder said:

Is £14 the normal price for Div Two now?

𝙉𝙀𝙓𝙏 𝙈𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃 Friday night football returns this week:  @ElginCityFC  @cinchuk League 2  Friday 27 Aug  19:45 KO  

Tickets available now via http://bit.ly/2VBRHkZ  Adults £14 / Cons £9 / u12s FREE with paid adult  

Cash gate on the night.

I've been to this fixture a couple of times prior to lockdown but maybe wait until its back at Meadowbank. 
How many are likely to make the trip on a Friday night?

£13/14 is pretty much the norm in the league now. 

Stranraer are the most expensive in the league. They charge £15 walk-up and £235 for a season ticket. 

I'll take my hat off to any of you that travel to us on Friday night. That's some commitment and journey! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know its early in the season but is anyone else getting a bit worried? 1 point off the bottom and in danger of getting cut adrift from the top 2/3 already. I just feel things are going a bit stale at the club. I also hope Hester's injury isn't long term as I don't see where our goals are going to come from. 

Early days and nothing a couple of wins won’t sort. I’ve said over the last couple of years we are no better than a mid table team. As for going stale, I think behind the scenes the cub is progressing, on the field there is a deliberate policy not to have too many changes year on year trying a similar model to Arbroath and Montrose. Goals are a worry though.

I think I said a couple of years ago in a similar thread that I'd rather have our poor spell early on in the season rather than in the run-in. We were on fire in the run up before the league was abruptly stopped in March 2020 (7 wins in 8 iirc) and I reckon we'd go up in the play-offs. A few seasons ago, we were top of the league in Feb, Sutherland got crocked and Darryl got tagged and came 2nd, losing by 3pts to the only team to beat us at BB with Duff a poor replacement for Darryl (thinking about us losing a late goal against Annan to draw 2-2 at BB)

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We usually take 1000 to every away game so hopefully you'll be able to accommodate that?

should be able to accommodate that but not sure there might be some sort of regulation with covid rules but doubt it. The app that sells the tickets fanbase might say havent checked yet to be honest but the club might make it clear some point

1 minute ago, cityloon said:

should be able to accommodate that but not sure there might be some sort of regulation with covid rules but doubt it. The app that sells the tickets fanbase might say havent checked yet to be honest but the club might make it clear some point

Aye I bought 3 tickets on the website this morning.  A tidy wee site, nice and straight forward.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I apologise now for Ross Draper. Looks like he's towing a caravan! Should have hung up his boots this summer if not before. Luckily you only have him for 3 months, we have him on a 3 year deal

He was utterly done physically at County towards the end.

How's Grivosti doing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep. Still believe we are good enough to climb table a bit but confidence is low and how do you get it back? Another game where we had the larger share of possession but cannot convert the possession into goals and that then puts the pressure on the defence. Can see Cowdenbeath picking up a player or two in January with their managers connections, we need to find a player from somewhere. Midfield not good enough and Cameron’s long term absence not going to help. Worrying times.